Status
Not open for further replies.

gthompson

Free at last
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2011
Tennessee, USA
If the OP is legit could we be talking about hot juice popping out? Putting a few drops into a vivi nova? Trying to use it as a drip?

I have had the juice pop like that and it does feel like an electric shock.

That wouldn't have anything to do with the Provari though.

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
Hoping someone with more knowledge on the subject will chime in here but most PV's will cause some drain on your batteries even when unused. There used to be a post here that calculated how many volts a Provari drained per hour just sitting. 2 weeks is a LONG time for even an 18650 with light use and moderate drain.

First thing I would do is check the battery and post how many volts it shows.Second thing would be to put a fully charged battery inside and see if the problem persists.

VapinWolf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Grand Bay, Alabama USA
yeah but there is a difference between hot juice and a zap you would think the provari would throw an E error

I am just thinking of previous posts on this subject. Many of the reported electrical zaps were found to be juice popping. From my experience I can agree, it felt like a strong static electric charge.
I don't know how the OP put the few drops in, but if from the tip like a drip atty the juice would be primed to pop back when the coil was heated. Just a thought.

MrStik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2013
SoCal
Wow.. the douches are out in full force today huh? The OP was asking a pretty simple question. It may or may not be the device. But instead of giving any helpful advice, the fanboys defend their device to the bitter end and berate the OP in the process. That is petty and stupid.

It is obvious that the OP is not very technologically inclined and the only thing she knows is that the battery is connected to the Provari and the firing button to activate the vape is on the Provari, so with that in mind, she concluded that it may have been the mod that zapped her. Instead of gathering more information that would help out the new vaper, the fanboys in here do a quick PR campaign in the name of the Provari and Provape.

To those who helped her, good job.. to the rest.. I shake my head and am shamed...

Aheadatime

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2013
USA
That wouldn't have anything to do with the Provari though.

True, but its possible the OP can't determine what caused the sensation. If he/she was dripping on a Nova coil and trying to vape like that for some reason, or any device really, its possible a boiling hot drip of eliquid landed on the tip of the tongue. Its happened to me and it was surprising and unpleasant.

MiamiMom63

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
South Florida
I'm still not sure if a Vivi nova was used or something else, unless I missed it? It sounds like maybe it could me a bad coil on whatever clearo tank is being used. Maybe somehow causing a shock? Sounds extremely rare because as stated, a Provari would shut off if something was faulty so I'm not sure. I have two Provaris and been vaping on a ton of different Vivi's and coils and never had a problem. Maybe it's some sort of static electricity like when you walk around and touch something metal and get zapped. Maybe the OP had static electricity and when his lips touched the metal drip tip, it zapped him. Now that is something possible, I guess.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
First it is not Hyphenated - It is Provari

Second it is not a myth.

It is simply to much power, to much wicking and a funky coil.

The ZAP people are referring to is a tiny dot of Hot Juice being expelled from the coil and actually hitting the tongue.

Watch the e-liquid popping off a mesh coil and you will see what I'm referring to. First time I heard PBusardo mention it I knew what it was as one of my CE5's seemed to enjoy taunting me. Changed the coil and haven had the problem since.

Pazazu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2013
North Carolina
Given that the batteries most people use are high drain 10 amp rated batteries, and that vv devices actually amplify the voltage of the battery, it might actually give you a decent little jolt, moreso than a 9v battery im positive of that lol. Not likely a life threatening one, but I'm sure it'd hurt a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread