Status
Not open for further replies.

2coils

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2012
New Jersey
Something like what you are describing happened to me today...I screwed a cartomizer tank onto my ProVari and took a drag. It popped and the ProVari read something like 4.8; which is my voltage setting and then I smelled a horrible odor...i realized then, I fired it dry. Even though I could see the tank was empty but thought the cartomizer was still wet and all I wanted to do was take a quick draw to see what flavor was in the tank and fill it. I had forgot that I had cleaned the tank yesterday and changed out the cartomizer with a new one that was not primed. The pop sound was so loud that I thought I was shocked too. It took me a few seconds to figure out it was my stupidity and I had just fried a cartomizer. I removed the burnt cartomizer and I put on a filled tank and tried my ProVari again, it worked just fine. Believe me I was happy that my stupidity didn't ruin a $200 device.

Did you notice a horrible smell after you heard the loud pop? Check the cartomizer you used for a wretched burnt smell. If that smell is there, then I am thinking maybe the loud pop was the cartomizer being fried because it wasn't primed. Try priming another cartomizer and try the ProVari again. Others have given links on how to fill a cartomizer in this thread. It usually takes 1 ml of juice or even more if your using a larger cartomizer to fill it.
One thing to remember when filling a boge carto.... The filler is very unforgiving (hard to fill for a noob). The material seems to be spun so tight it takes time to absorb. I am not implying they are no good, but when I was new to vaping, I cant tell you how many I screwed up. Some people love them some dont. There are easier systems out there. My mom has been vaping with me for a year, and she still cant seem to get the hang of filling a new carto. Someone else mentioned, we need to help the OP. They are right. Thats why we are here. Even a conference by skype would help. I am more than willing to help as well. You have a wonderful brother who really loves you! he got you a wonderful device. I wouldnt have purchased a Cadilac either for a new driver, but as someone else mentioned, you have it, you may as well learn to use it. Stay off those damn stinkys!!! Good luck, If you need help, pm me!!

Last edited:

DietSalem

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Indiana
OP, I'd like to personally apologize for the actions of the posters in the first few pages. You said something bad about their precious provari, and well, you just can't do that on ECF. They're as bad as apple fanboys.

... I just hope none of them spilled any of provari's koolaid that they're always drinking while they ran over to you to yell at you.

genoxy

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I haven't been doing well with vaping. I keep trying a little each day. Today, I put a few drops in, let it sit for a few minutes, went to take a vape and got a horrible shock. Scared me, and gave me an instant headache. Not sure if I'll be able to make myself try again. Has anyone had this happen to them?

Whoa, thats not good... I've got a mini and this never happened to me... :blink:

MrStik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2013
SoCal
Well, actually, no they haven't. They've just gone away or fallen silent. :facepalm:

It's the "nice folks" who finally stepped forward to help, and the delay was probably because they were busy in other threads helping other people with other problems--because that's what "nice folks" do... ;-)

Just sayin'...

Either way.. the fanboys shut up, which is indeed helpful.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
OP, I'd like to personally apologize for the actions of the posters in the first few pages. You said something bad about their precious provari, and well, you just can't do that on ECF. They're as bad as apple fanboys.

... I just hope none of them spilled any of provari's koolaid that they're always drinking while they ran over to you to yell at you.

Either way.. the fanboys shut up, which is indeed helpful.

Didn't housewife say to knock it off? I'd be more mindful of the Moderators.:)

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.

You dont need to apologize for us. I'm perfectly capable of speaking for myself and also a LOT more eloquent :)

That being said there have been an increasing number of posts on the forums lately that appear to be the work of either trolls or ANTZ instead of legitimate questions or concerns.

Trolls are going to happen on ANY forum but the ANTZ posts are a lot more troubling.They will post a controversial subject and then sit back and wait for the inevitable poorly considered reply(ies) and presumably save that info to use against us later.

Before you start thinking tin-foil hat and conspiracy theories, a number of long time posters including myself have noticed the same thing here. Maybe its because were on the forums more often, or use the "new post" button frequently but it seems as if the number of posts designed to misinform or those framed with a question designed to elicit a predetermined response are on the rise.

To the OP I apologize for mistaking you for either of those two groups. Ive already stated why I was originally suspicious about your post but so far you've shown yourself to be nothing but sincere and genuine. Its a shame that posts like this one http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/new-members-forum/424279-might-i-get-addicted-nicotine.html have caused us to have to doubt the sincerity of someone posting here to begin with.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask or just shoot one of us a pm. I hope that explains things a bit and wish you luck with getting off of the analogs. Youre off to a great start with a Provari and also in finding these forums.

Last edited:

DanKnowsJack

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2013
Ephrata, PA
My buddy with a Vamo V.2 keeps getting shocked by a pro tank. Makes lights flicker....i tried it! lol
I had the exact same problem. I was letting my brother in law borrow my Vamo because he left his Zmax at home. I didn't believe him when he said it shocked him, so of course I had to try it myself. Not sure why the Vamo was allowing it to fire. I put the protank on my Provari, and it threw an E1 code. I swapped the head out, and all is better now.

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
I would return the provari to your brother and go and buy a good PV. You know, one with current technology in it. The provari is an outdated piece of garbage and it doesn't suprise me that you are having problems with it. I ditched mine a while ago and have been much happier since. Get a sigelei zmax or a tesla, they provide a better regulated vape than the provari, it's much smoother and consistent. The provari uses an older chip inside and it probably isn't able to handle the batteries of today. Provape really needs to update the technology inside their PV's before someone get seriously injured.

Your information has been noted.

Provarinati3.jpg

The ProVarinati

Lumen sees totus

oldbikeguy

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
    Impossible that is unless you have real dry skin or you wear a rubber to vape because the metal object in your hand would be at the same potential as your lips Try this touch your finger to tip and hit fire button and see if it shocks your finger heck you might try to lick your finger first

EddardinWinter

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 13, 2012
    Richmond, Va
    I've actually debridged atomizers and it somehow loosened the ceramic cup enough so that sometimes when I sucked hard on my drip tip, the ceramic cup popped up and scared the you know what out of me. Sort of a pop loud noise. Lol.

I don't think I am alone when I say with absolute conviction:

Don't let this experience prevent you from sucking in the future!

EddardinWinter

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 13, 2012
    Richmond, Va

I think I may have to add that one to my chart!

fanboys chart.jpg

puffs

Nov 11, 2012
    Florida
    That's what I have; a box of those. I thought it was an atomizer since it says 'atomized.' I'm frozen in time and the ProVari sits untouched in the original box on the table. Perhaps I have gathered too many opinions and my head is too full. I've been shopping for a cartomizer all week after reading that I need one. And I have 5. And so it goes.

nicetucu

ECF Veteran
    Mar 19, 2013
    Salem, Oregon
    I had trouble with boge cartomizers in the beginning as well. I would guess it's the carto that is giving you problems. Noticed someone posted a PBusardo video on how to fill them (watch it). I like phil's way of doing it (meaning his easy going attitude).

Provape site also has a video on the provari you can watch and get more acquainted with your device. youtube for PBusardo as well is helpful. I promise you once you get more familiar with vaping terms it just makes sense. I read these forums for a week before I made a purchase and my head was spinning and I'm a technical person who is somewhat computer savvy.

I hated cartomizers in the beginning, but now love them. You only have to do the big fill the first time. You just put in a few drops in the mouth end to top it up after that, until it dies eventually. Also keep in mind every delivery device (carto, tank etc) has a resistance level. This is measured in ohm's. The provari will actually do the math for you and set the voltage to the correct setting to the delivery device on it. Then it is up to you if you like it a bit higher or lower for your own taste.

I'm having my morning coffee and hope this is readable...hitting the post button anyways...good luck and don't give up! A month from now you'll be a pro.

StereoDreamer

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 13, 2012
    Columbia MD
    I have found that there is one nearly sure solution to the "sputtering carto" problem--use a non-metal drip tip.

That extra 3/4" or so of distance that a drip tip adds, and the shape of the base of a drip tip seems to block those hot sputtering droplets of juice--even from the most sputtery, sparky dripping atomizers.

I know some men are loathe to put drip tips in everything, thinking they are too "girlie" on the straight, cylindrical, smooth shafts of their XXL cartos they have mounted on the end of their rigid, thick, powerful mods. But I'm pretty confident in myself, and don't need all that Freudian reinforcement from my mod to feel like a man. ;-)

Drip tips, I'm telling ya. Drip tips are your friend...

Ferrel1134

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 25, 2012
    St. Paul mn
    Hi I'm sorry your having trouble. I use a provari have had to issues but something could be wrong. I'm not here to defend the provari yes I love mine but problems can happy with circuits or battery's. I just hope you figure it out. Vaping is a game changer. I'm so glad to be smoke free. I don't know much about dripping. My only suggestion would be try some kanger gear. Like the protanks or with adapters the evods or new t3s or mt3s. Hope you have a great Sunday.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread