Just got zapped by pro-vari

Status
Not open for further replies.

StereoDreamer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2012
Columbia MD
Right there is what you will be hard pressed to find in other forums!
Two thumbs up for SD!! :thumb::thumb:

Actually, similar "volunteer" attitude can be found on the other forums I frequent--gun rights and audiophile forums.

I never did quite fully understand the method of adjusting Vertical Tracking Angle on a turntable cartridge until someone from a forum came to my house and showed me, hands-on.

And I've shown a LOT of people how to properly align the sight picture on their new Glocks, FTF, because it's actualy pretty different from how you line up most other gun's sights, and the difference is nearly impossible to relay without pictures and it is ABSOLUTELY impossible to check to see if the student actually "gets it" unless you are on a range, and can punch holes in paper.

But the offer stands, Schnoodle. I'll even buy the first round... ;-)

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Why not suggest getting a Protank or something else Simple to get started. Can't beat the Provari for reliability/Durability or useability. It is the Delivery system at issue.

No, not a Provari Fan boy. Never owned one and may never own one. I have and enjoy eVic's, but why Back peddle away from quality when that is not the issue.

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
Why not suggest getting a Protank or something else Simple to get started. Can't beat the Provari for reliability/Durability or useability. It is the Delivery system at issue.

No, not a Provari Fan boy. Never owned one and may never own one. I have and enjoy eVic's, but why Back peddle away from quality when that is not the issue.

Honestly when I was new to vaping I took what I was told by "pros" as gospel. If a pro had told me to buy a provari I would still be smoking. That price tag just wasn't in the cards.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I would return the provari to your brother and go and buy a good PV. You know, one with current technology in it. The provari is an outdated piece of garbage and it doesn't suprise me that you are having problems with it. I ditched mine a while ago and have been much happier since. Get a sigelei zmax or a tesla, they provide a better regulated vape than the provari, it's much smoother and consistent. The provari uses an older chip inside and it probably isn't able to handle the batteries of today. Provape really needs to update the technology inside their PV's before someone get seriously injured.

Maka

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2012
High on Vaping
I would return the provari to your brother and go and buy a good PV. You know, one with current technology in it. The provari is an outdated piece of garbage and it doesn't suprise me that you are having problems with it. I ditched mine a while ago and have been much happier since. Get a sigelei zmax or a tesla, they provide a better regulated vape than the provari, it's much smoother and consistent. The provari uses an older chip inside and it probably isn't able to handle the batteries of today. Provape really needs to update the technology inside their PV's before someone get seriously injured.

I had 2 ProVaris, one full size one mini, lasted me one month before I sold them.
All a much to do about nothing imho, to turn them on and off is a pain in the ... too..

Got myself an SVD and works great...

StereoDreamer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2012
Columbia MD
Honestly when I was new to vaping I took what I was told by "pros" as gospel. If a pro had told me to buy a provari I would still be smoking. That price tag just wasn't in the cards.

I've been in the audiophile world (and on those forums) long enough to know that a good 75% of the people who slag someone else's gear are just mean asshats who neither know what they are talking about or have any genuine interest in helping newbies.

If I had taken half the stuff on the audio forums as gospel, I would have paid five times as much for my stereo rig, it would have sounded half as musical as it does currently, and it would have been so ugly I could never had a chance meeting a woman who wanted to live with me... ;-)

You gotta sort through the slag and dross, and find those real gems of information, when you're new. It sucks but that's the way the internet works. I've sort of taken it upon myself to be one of those voices of reason that tries to help as best I can, given the level of technical know-how, the financial constraints, and the ultimate goal of new vapers.

Not everyone NEEDS a Provari, or a Darwin or an Opus. Not everyone needs a Kir Fanis or a Steam Turbine or a Penelope. The fact is, about 95% of the people on the planet who are using e-cigs will never want or need anything more complicated than a Blu or a DSE901 kit, or maybe an eGo with a good tank of some sort.

I dont own a Provari. I've used them, and they ARE very nice, but they are a little outside my current budget. But if someone gave me one, I'd use the heck out of it... ;-)

This is exactly what I'm talking about.

The fact that you are from Chicago explains a lot though, so I guess we shouldn't get mad or flame you for making such mean-spirited, ridiculous, absurd comments.

If anything, we should pity you, for living in the most corrupt, crime-ridden, crooked city on the planet, and pray for you that someday you will escape that putrid cesspit of corruption. Maybe if you lived somewhere that wasn't run by sociopathic control freaks, foreign operatives, and organized criminals posing as politicians and corporate execs, you wouldn't be so snarky, bitter and cruel... :facepalm:

Last edited:

K-Omo

ECF Veteran
It says its 510D SR Black. I also have some that say 510DXXL SR Black. It has cotton looking stuff in it. My voltage is set at 3.1. I have thought about looking into an easier model. I really don't know what I'm doing.

Something like what you are describing happened to me today...I screwed a cartomizer tank onto my ProVari and took a drag. It popped and the ProVari read something like 4.8; which is my voltage setting and then I smelled a horrible odor...i realized then, I fired it dry. Even though I could see the tank was empty but thought the cartomizer was still wet and all I wanted to do was take a quick draw to see what flavor was in the tank and fill it. I had forgot that I had cleaned the tank yesterday and changed out the cartomizer with a new one that was not primed. The pop sound was so loud that I thought I was shocked too. It took me a few seconds to figure out it was my stupidity and I had just fried a cartomizer. I removed the burnt cartomizer and I put on a filled tank and tried my ProVari again, it worked just fine. Believe me I was happy that my stupidity didn't ruin a $200 device.

Did you notice a horrible smell after you heard the loud pop? Check the cartomizer you used for a wretched burnt smell. If that smell is there, then I am thinking maybe the loud pop was the cartomizer being fried because it wasn't primed. Try priming another cartomizer and try the ProVari again. Others have given links on how to fill a cartomizer in this thread. It usually takes 1 ml of juice or even more if your using a larger cartomizer to fill it.

cags

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2011
east TN
Schnoodle--I live in Columbia MD--just a short hop from Baltimore. If you want to get together somewhere, maybe I can help you out.

Trouble-shooting an advanced PV can be nearly impossible for an inexperienced vaper, and trying to do it on-line in a forum can be just as pointless.

Some face-to-face, hands-on tutoring with an experienced vaper who is interested in helping you (rather than being snarky on a forum) can go a long way to get you on the road to enjoyable and successful vaping!

PM sent...

I highly suggest you take this offer. there is nothing like someone helping in person. the people in my area really helped me so much when I started!

Ibocpro

ECF Veteran
May 15, 2013
NW WA
I will add my :2c: like many ^^ suggestions read manuals, watch a few videos, and if you feel or determine that the device actually is malfunctioning do not hesitate to contact ProVape.

I use a Provari, not trying to claim any "best" device attitude, and have had good results. It is a solid device and should last you a very long time with consistent results.

Now for my actual :2c:, having a back up is a good idea for the "just in case" situations. I have two VV ego devices and actually use them quite often. Besides being there in case of something happening sometimes I just want something smaller or something I do not have to worry about as much as an expensive device.

Once you get to know the menu system on the Provari and find a good attachment that works for you I think you will be thanking your brother.

Lastly, welcome to the forums, glad to have you with us!

StereoDreamer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2012
Columbia MD
Actually yes. Since my post, the douches have actually decided to help.

Well, actually, no they haven't. They've just gone away or fallen silent. :facepalm:

It's the "nice folks" who finally stepped forward to help, and the delay was probably because they were busy in other threads helping other people with other problems--because that's what "nice folks" do... ;-)

Just sayin'...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread