JUST IN!! VERSION 2 REVAMPED GV Vision Stone 2- 5ml Tank System,NEW BASES Unscrews apart,Easy clean/dry burn, Thick coil, 2.1 to 2.3 OHM

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordDavon

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2010
Florida
www.discountvapers.com
Soooo, I am currently vaping my stone without it's drip tip. I am sure I look positively humorous doing so, but the flavor just really pops without that drip tip. Plus absolutely no more gurgling, which I was getting a bit of having left the stone sitting for more than 24 hours without use. I need to take another look at the physics of the device and see what the deal there is. I sometimes vape my visions without the mouth piece because condensation and/or juice gets trapped between the nipple and the mouth piece, but that certainly isn't the issue here...I dont think.

Oh, come on. This is a Kodak moment, if ever one was.

bluegrasslover

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2011
Willow Spring, NC
After vaping these for about a week these are my observations. First thing is there is, at least on my 2, definitely a sweet spot for the amount of liquid in the tank. When I fill just up to the very bottom of the ceramic cup (I mean the very bottom, below wires, wick, etc) it gurgles like crazy. Blow it out. Starts gurgling again almost immediately. Once the gurgling stops and I have just a little over 1/2 tank left this thing hits like a dream with tons of flavor (comparing to a smoktech carto and tank the stone has a much better flavor to me). Now, once I'm about 1/3 full (still lots of liquid) I constantly battle with dry, nasty hits. Holding upside down helps but still. So, for such a big, nice tank I only get a small bit of it enjoyably. I'm using a lavatube and to keep from getting a burnt, dry hit I have to keep the voltage between 3.6 and 3.8. Any more than that is trouble. I believe the reason for this is that 1 of mine is at 1.5ohms and the other around 1.8ohms. They are supposed to be 2.1-2.3. I didn't test the resistance until after using for a week so I have no idea what it actually was when new. Usually resistance goes up after usage so might they have been even lower? I really want to like these but just can't at this point. Waiting patiently for v3...

timandolly

ECF Veteran
May 5, 2011
SE VA
I took one of the stone tanks apart put a visions extreme canter tube cut down to the size of the stone soldered the contacts filled 3/4 full and couple drips on coil let set and vape. No gurgles 3.0 ohms 3.7 or 4 volts good vapor, flavor, NO GURGLES.
no 1.3 ohms.

So I started looking at the differences from stone to the vision. The wick and coil sets lower in the ceramic cup and the connections for the wires are in the cup and there is no red and blue wire connecting the coil. The manufacturer had a excellent product in the vision line they just needed to incorporate it into the vision stone and much better Quality control
Just my observations

Errol

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2010
Salt lake City, Ut
Yeah Errol a rule of thumb is low res is for lower volts and higher res for higher volts i experience same as you on my vv box mod.

Don't know what I was thinking when I made that voltage comment as nearly everything else I vape is LR DC unit which require the higher voltage to get the vapor and flavor they are capable of.

The Stone type vaporizer is about all the single battery VV units are good for. They have a significant voltage drop under load just like the fat bats no matter what volt you set them at. I'll stick with my MV VV box mods for my serious vaping.

Errol

osirisorion

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2011
So I got my vision stone in today! filled it with a mix of mister e liquids caramel and apple. Screwed the tank on my lavatube so it was flush with the mod, waited 10 mins and then set it to 3.7v and began to vape!

The first few vapes were awesome! No dry hits , but then it started leaking out the bottom and then the gurgles!!

I ended up fixing the problem by using a 510-510 adapter, screwing the tank in to the adapter so the slots
In the bottom of the tank line up with the slots on the adapter. Dropped the voltage to 3.5 also! So far no leaks or gurgles and it vapes great at 3.5v. if you like a cooler vape that the ce2 puts out then this is excellent!

Also another thing to note is don't over tighten the top and bottom caps or the tank to the adapter or I have found this tank leaks like a civ!

44e54856-956f-69e1.jpg

wyojoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2011
Wyoming
So I got my vision stone in today! filled it with a mix of mister e liquids caramel and apple. Screwed the tank on my lavatube so it was flush with the mod, waited 10 mins and then set it to 3.7v and began to vape!

The first few vapes were awesome! No dry hits , but then it started leaking out the bottom and then the gurgles!!

I ended up fixing the problem by using a 510-510 adapter, screwing the tank in to the adapter so the slots
In the bottom of the tank line up with the slots on the adapter. Dropped the voltage to 3.5 also! So far no leaks or gurgles and it vapes great at 3.5v. if you like a cooler vape that the ce2 puts out then this is excellent!

Also another thing to note is don't over tighten the top and bottom caps or the tank to the adapter or I have found this tank leaks like a civ!

44e54856-956f-69e1.jpg
I like the picture. I have never used one of these so I have a few questions. It looks like a giant CE-2 but it looks like it would come apart much easier being you can screw it off, I would like to know if you can replace the coil assembly and stem or do you have to buy the whole threaded bottom part ?? or buy a new whole vision stone again ?

osirisorion

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2011
I like the picture. I have never used one of these so I have a few questions. It looks like a giant CE-2 but it looks like it would come apart much easier being you can screw it off, I would like to know if you can replace the coil assembly and stem or do you have to buy the whole threaded bottom part ?? or buy a new whole vision stone again ?

it's a ce2 in a tank setup! the top and bottom of the tank are threaded along with the top and bottom caps, which all you have to do is screw them on. I haven't tried to take the whole thing apart but will once I'm done with this juice in here. I do remember seeing that the guys from gotvapes saying that they will be selling replacement ce2's and other parts for the stone tank though

wyojoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2011
Wyoming
it's a ce2 in a tank setup! the top and bottom of the tank are threaded along with the top and bottom caps, which all you have to do is screw them on. I haven't tried to take the whole thing apart but will once I'm done with this juice in here. I do remember seeing that the guys from gotvapes saying that they will be selling replacement ce2's and other parts for the stone tank though
Good to know. So you just unscrew the ce-2 from the base and replace it with a CE2, or is the replacement a little different?

burns_erin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
The ArmPit of Texas
Good to know. So you just unscrew the ce-2 from the base and replace it with a CE2, or is the replacement a little different?

The base and ce2 are a single unit and do not screw apart. The entire base assembly has to be replaced. You can't use a standard ce2.

Last edited:

wyojoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2011
Wyoming
The base and ce2 are a single unit and do not screw apart. The entire base assembly has to be replaced. You can't use a standard ce2.
Thats kind of what I thought. Good to know. I sent in a ticket asking when the will get replacement bases and how much they will cost, because I don't want to buy a new complete unit when it quits performing, that would be to expensive to replace all the time. Have not heard back from them yet. Again good info. THANKS

burns_erin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
The ArmPit of Texas
Thats kind of what I thought. Good to know. I sent in a ticket asking when the will get replacement bases and how much they will cost, because I don't want to buy a new complete unit when it quits performing, that would be to expensive to replace all the time. Have not heard back from them yet. Again good info. THANKS

As no problem, I'm still running revision one and have been following this in the various threads. Basically the replacement guts ARE coming, they made some updates based on consumer feedback and are working on different ohms varieties, and they should be in the 3 buck range(for just the innards)...if I remember correctly...so don't disembowel me if I am wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread