JUST IN!! VERSION 2 REVAMPED GV Vision Stone 2- 5ml Tank System,NEW BASES Unscrews apart,Easy clean/dry burn, Thick coil, 2.1 to 2.3 OHM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paulie P.

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2011
USA
I loved my first stone tank so much so I ordered three more. Filled up a new one and wasn't getting the same great flavor or vapor as the first one. Further inspection shows that the wick is barely attached to one side of the coil. There is bound to be a dud every now and again. Still have two new ones that look okay but I better inspect them. I just put in a ticket to get this one replaces.

Paulie P.

Last edited:

BonnyC

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2010
Georgia
It won't work that well. I got one like that and it doesn't really work. I had to put in a ticket.

Paulie P.

Oh well, thanks for the info. I won't put in a ticket, though, since it is most likely my fault. I have 2 stardusts on the way to keep me happy until the innards are in stock.

Sent from my A100 using Tapatalk

wwturner

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2011
Catoosa, OK
2 of my 3 Stone Tanks crapped out on me tonight while I was cleaning them. Not that big of a loss, but I will definitely miss my $22 I spent on them. 1 was an original, and 1 was the Rev 2 that I recently ordered, couldn't get airflow through, and had to drill out to soften the draw since the intake hole was half the size of any other Vision product I've had. All 3 leaked like crazy, so I had to hot-glue the inside of the bases over the little demon-grommet, then glue around where the shaft meets the bottom of the ceramic head, along with where the wires go into the bottom of the cup. The 1 Stone Tank that still works actually vapes like a beast without all the gurgles now though.

I might be open to the replacement innards that have been talked about every day, but never materialized... So I'm not holding my breath on that.

Badcolo, I'm not knocking you guys. I'm just terribly disappointed in the Stone Tanks. You guys are always coming out with innovative new products while it seems the other vendors are always just hocking the same old polyfilled cartos everyday.

Before anyone asks... No. I don't think I'll be submitting a ticket on the dead tanks because they have been modified with hot-glue to reduce the leaking. Besides, the Rev 2 that died tonight had a ticket submitted on it last week because the air intake hole at the bottom was only half the size of any other Vision product I have. Even after drilling it out, it didn't loosen the draw much at all. I was issued a $12 discount code to make it right, but couldn't even get the code to work yesterday while I was ordering my Stardusts. So... why even try?

Njt07

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2011
Ft Hood TX
I'm still running the rev 1 stones, only issue I have is they leak from somewhere when left on their side, not a tone, more like seepage. I cut out the inner "lip" on the rubber grommet and V notched the rubber grommet around the wick, I have to tilt it to keep the wicks wet as I use either a thinned bobas or snickerdoodle, but I rarely get a burnt flavor.

I have one that has some pretty big cracks in it, but that is most likely due to my kickin apple flavor and numerous times I've let it fall over on the table.

One question, can I use a PTB rolled up as a replacement wick? I figure it should be pretty easy to shove it through the coils and make it long enough to reach at least halfway down, I just dunno if it will cause burning problems where it meets the coil or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread