* ON SALE NOW * GV VISION EGO STARDUST 1.4 Sealed easy fill Special Top COIL, No WICKS HANGING, 2.5 to 2.7ohms, THICK COIL so break em in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

burns_erin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
The ArmPit of Texas
I know it's very rare it seems but not for me.. My first one the center pin wasnt straight so that flooded all the time. I'm laying a V2 on its side right now. I'll pick it up in a few minutes and I will most likely get a gurgle. Also getting vapor in the top of the tank indicating a leak. I'm tightening them as much as possible too. Using a pure VG juice. I dont have any PG juices ATM

Hmm. Maybe try lifting the wick gasket up so that it meets the mouth piece when you screw that on...

burns_erin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
The ArmPit of Texas
if its a stardust and its flooding(never had a flooding stardust myself) he should push down on the gasket shouldnt he? , also i noticed on many system, if oyu get gurlging, push down on whatever plug is there then blow out any excess fluid and it should return to normal.

I say pull up because he said that it was getting vapor IN the tank. And while the only ones I've had leak or flood had the air tubes tilted over, on one of them it tilted enough that vapor was getting in the tank, and when I looked it was because the mouth piece wasn't touching the gasket on one side. Since he said he has already had one tilted, I figured he would have recognized that if it were the case on this one. So pulling the gasket up was the only thing I could think of. Thats my logic anyway :shrug:

LordDavon

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2010
Florida
www.discountvapers.com
I have one that is doing the same thing. I am going to take it apart, and see what is going on. The seal looks good, and I really can't see why it is doing it, but if I turn it upside down and flick it a couple of time, it leaks out.

Oh, and it does get all gurgley and flooded when I vape it... just an FYI. Good thing is, if I can figure out what is doing it, which I should, I can come up with a fix.

Since I have about 20 Stardusts, I've never had this happen before, so I just figure it is a fluke.

Last edited:

AinSophAur

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2012
Montreal
Yea I have two older stardust without the new pin on top and 4 new ones with the pin. I get vapor in the tank and floods on all of them so far. I have one new stardust left to break out, but im expecting the same. Two of my stardust have crooked centers. No hope for those. I've tried straightning them out but didn't work so tossed them. The rest all seem to have a perfect seal but flood none the less.

Njt07

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2011
Ft Hood TX
Yea I have two older stardust without the new pin on top and 4 new ones with the pin. I get vapor in the tank and floods on all of them so far. I have one new stardust left to break out, but im expecting the same. Two of my stardust have crooked centers. No hope for those. I've tried straightning them out but didn't work so tossed them. The rest all seem to have a perfect seal but flood none the less.

Hey! Don't chuck em, I'll send you my address and pay for shipping for you to send to me!

Seriously though you CAN easily fix a non straight tube by attaching to a battery or mod and rock the whole thing till it shifts to straight. You will feel it shift over when you do this. Also, regarding the flooding, how are you holding it? If you vape it while it's tilted up more than horizontal it WILL flood every time. If you are worried about it dry hitting just hold it upside down or lay it on its side when not using it.

Last edited:

burns_erin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
The ArmPit of Texas
Hey! Don't chuck em, I'll send you my address and pay for shipping for you to send to me!

Seriously though you CAN easily fix a non straight tube by attaching to a battery or mod and rock the whole thing till it shifts to straight. You will feel it shift over when you do this. Also, regarding the flooding, how are you holding it? If you vape it while it's tilted up more than horizontal it WILL flood every time. If you are worried about it dry hitting just hold it upside down or lay it on its side when not using it.

I don't know about that, I vape mine practically upside down, way further up than horizontal anyway, and they don't leak...

I'm having a similar problem, but only with the "new & improved" ones. I've got 5 standard ohm originals that are almost two months old that still vape perfectly. I'm using three of the new "coneheads" that well....suck!!

Several problems, one, they seem to have issues contacting my batteries properly, 3 regular ego batts and 1 LT with a ego adapter. I don't understand this because the old ones always seat just right. I have to wrench the new ones down to make any contact and two of the three will not work on the LT period no matter what I do. Doing this brings up the next issue..super tight draw. I liked the draw of the old version but tightening these down is causing them to be really tight. Lastly, these things flood and gurgle like crazy! In my case I think I know what the problem is. The metal cone is causing condensation to build up between itself and the mouthpiece. I am constantly having to unscrew the top and let the condensation fall back into the tank, then it vapes right till I have to do it again. The originals never do this. (like Bad wrote)

I loved the old Stardust. I wish they would have just left them alone. That cone has got to go!!!! The only thing positive I can say about the "new & improved" version is the ohms seems to be correct and the vape is warmer.

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Whitestone , New York USA
maybe thats what your getting but im having no issues with the new ones at all, i fill one a day now and im not coming into any of the issues that some of you have, i did however have one that like steeljan mentioned seemed a little harsh , draw is the same for me, and most likely what is happening is your pin is pushed down in your battery, if some carto or attyies or stardusts have a longer pin then through time it will push your battery pin down, you can lift that up to make connection.

Uhmmm, I no ecig master or anything but I certainly know pins need lifting at times so I've done that to no avail. I'm vaping a GotVapes original right now so loose that if I turned it counter-clockwise half a turn, it would fall off...lol. Again, no issues.

I'm not the only one with the condensation issue either. I've read half a dozen posts or so on here about the same problem. You think its flooding from to much juice, but its not. Its flooding from condensation buildup. I think as more and more of these things get out, it could become a major deal, jmho...

LordDavon

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2010
Florida
www.discountvapers.com
That's strange. I've purchased 12 of the new ones, 4 LR, and 8 standard (told you guys I was addicted), and I haven't had any issues with the people I gave them to, or any of my overly vast collection. Now, I still have 5 unopened, so I've only used/given away 7 of them. I mostly use 510-to-eGo adapters. Can you let me know where you picked your 510-to-eGo up, and I will grab a couple from them also.

I did have to move up the center pin on an XL3, and a couple of Rivas, but I've had to do that to the original Stardust also.

David

LordDavon

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2010
Florida
www.discountvapers.com
Thanks David. I bought my adapter from GotVapes. I assume you probably got some of theirs. I'm not trying to be a stinker with my complaints here. I love the Stardusts, heck I'm a huge fan. But, I know I'm not crazy (relatively sane..lol) these things just aren't as good....for some reason????

Ummm... I will put one in my next order. :facepalm:

One of mine is from them, but I am not sure which. If you have a Skype account, I am more then happy to try and match mine to yours, and try it out. I'm cooking dinner now, so give me about a half hour.

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Whitestone , New York USA
Uhmmm, I no ecig master or anything but I certainly know pins need lifting at times so I've done that to no avail. I'm vaping a GotVapes original right now so loose that if I turned it counter-clockwise half a turn, it would fall off...lol. Again, no issues.

I'm not the only one with the condensation issue either. I've read half a dozen posts or so on here about the same problem. You think its flooding from to much juice, but its not. Its flooding from condensation buildup. I think as more and more of these things get out, it could become a major deal, jmho...

there is 50k in peoples hands, it s not a major issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread