The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

* ON SALE NOW * GV VISION EGO STARDUST 1.4 Sealed easy fill Special Top COIL, No WICKS HANGING, 2.5 to 2.7ohms, THICK COIL so break em in.

Discussion in 'MyVape' started by badkolo, Dec 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Daunting

Daunting Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 23, 2009
    Tennessee
    [​IMG]

2. Sethenes

Sethenes Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 1, 2012
    Louisville, KY
    So replacement tubes, eh? I tried using the latest method to remove the tube by using a vice grip wrapped in masking tape. I ended up bending the bottom of it. :( Good thing I used it on one that had Atomic Cinnacide in it. I was going to throw it away anyway as it had cracks. I'm just too afraid that I'll keep ruining the base of the device by trying to pry it off with vice grip. I'd like to get it off and re-wick it, but I suppose I'm just too clumsy or something.

3. Big Screen D

Big Screen D Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 5, 2011
    Georgia
    Skip the masking tape. Rock gently while pulling.

4. RockinRobbieSF

RockinRobbieSF Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 6, 2012
    San Francisco, CA
    Yeah, the clamp is just to hold it in place. The rocking is what pulls it off. Someone on Youtube had this comment:

Of course, I don't have a dremel--maybe time to invest, a lot of suggestions seem to need one!

5. Big Screen D

Big Screen D Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 5, 2011
    Georgia
    Did one this morning. My spark plug puller idea is a no go. With the rubber trying to grip, I would have had to squeeze too hard, and felt as though I would crush the base and or tank. Just a naked pair of pliers allowed me to get it apart without squeezing hard at all. Did leave a couple of very minor scratches, but beats cracking the tank.

Cleaning these while apart is much more effective. Now that we know to remove the ring first, that is the only way to go IMO.

BTW, this one also has about a 1/2" long crack in the tank. Taking it apart did not make it worse. Of course YMMV.

6. Sethenes

Mar 1, 2012
    Louisville, KY
    I'll try that thanks.

7. Sethenes

Mar 1, 2012
    Louisville, KY
    Just got the O ring off without masking tape. :thumbs:

8. harmonic

harmonic Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 20, 2011
    Desoto, Mo
    so just a thought as i still havent got a chance to get one but has anybody tried to use a non tapered tube? and any reason other than the mouthpiece not to? perhaps a straight tube with a cap and a modified vision seal with the nipple (think like the stone tanks) might work...
    man i just need to break down and order a couple :D

9. antfuzz

antfuzz Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 19, 2010
    Delaware
  10. BonnyC

BonnyC Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Nov 15, 2010
    Georgia
    Any word on when the LR Stardusts will be back in stock? I haven't been watching the threads closely lately so I might have missed it. I need to place an order sometime this week and didn't know if I needed to hold off or just go ahead.

11. byggd

byggd Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 25, 2011
    So Cal
    I'm in the same boat. I'm down to my last one and want to wait until the LR units are stocked B4 ordering.

12. badkolo

badkolo ECF Guru ECF Veteran

shipped already

v3 stones are in, replacement v2 bottoms are here

13. eso

eso Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

No pressure my friend but when will the V3 be up on site for sale?

14. badkolo

we will try tonight or for tomorow

15. eso

eso Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Thanks very much Chris!

16. AinSophAur

AinSophAur Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 18, 2012
    Montreal
    most of my stardusts including the v2 ones flood regularly if I am not very careful. And the draw is a little too tight for me. I'm gonna try the v3 stones and see how those go.

17. byggd

byggd Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 25, 2011
    So Cal
    Flooding? Hmmm? I haven't had any flooding with mine. If I try too fill them too quickly with a thick juice I end up with some in the tube but I lay them on their side all day and never get flooding.

18. badkolo

stardust flooding?? havent heard of that

19. melloyello

melloyello Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 21, 2011
    usa
    strange, i have never heard of a stardust flooding....and i have tried it with 90%pg juice. can you explain how its flooding?

20. AinSophAur

AinSophAur Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 18, 2012
    Montreal
    I know it's very rare it seems but not for me.. My first one the center pin wasnt straight so that flooded all the time. I'm laying a V2 on its side right now. I'll pick it up in a few minutes and I will most likely get a gurgle. Also getting vapor in the top of the tank indicating a leak. I'm tightening them as much as possible too. Using a pure VG juice. I dont have any PG juices ATM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.