* ON SALE NOW * GV VISION EGO STARDUST 1.4 Sealed easy fill Special Top COIL, No WICKS HANGING, 2.5 to 2.7ohms, THICK COIL so break em in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daunting

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2009
Tennessee
yea great tell me they shipped now, you realize that when I get paid next wednesday they will already be sold out. :D

Metal tip??????

so replacement tanks I guess that means colors are coming soon, and then LED DISCO DUSTER

c6e4e12b-0270-521f.jpg

Sethenes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2012
Louisville, KY
So replacement tubes, eh? I tried using the latest method to remove the tube by using a vice grip wrapped in masking tape. I ended up bending the bottom of it. :( Good thing I used it on one that had Atomic Cinnacide in it. I was going to throw it away anyway as it had cracks. I'm just too afraid that I'll keep ruining the base of the device by trying to pry it off with vice grip. I'd like to get it off and re-wick it, but I suppose I'm just too clumsy or something.

RockinRobbieSF

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2012
San Francisco, CA
www.lusternia.com
Yeah, the clamp is just to hold it in place. The rocking is what pulls it off. Someone on Youtube had this comment:

you can make it EVEN easier to take apart by, after you take it apart the first time, take the bottom oring off carefully, then take your dremel "tool" ;p and lightly sand the bottom metal ring closest to the base, u know the ring right below the oring its like knurled, sand that/them teeth down and it comes apart easy, and doesnt put them micro cracks in the tank when wiggling it apart, becareful not to sand it down TOO much as it may fall apart too easily

Of course, I don't have a dremel--maybe time to invest, a lot of suggestions seem to need one!

Big Screen D

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2011
Georgia
Did one this morning. My spark plug puller idea is a no go. With the rubber trying to grip, I would have had to squeeze too hard, and felt as though I would crush the base and or tank. Just a naked pair of pliers allowed me to get it apart without squeezing hard at all. Did leave a couple of very minor scratches, but beats cracking the tank.

Cleaning these while apart is much more effective. Now that we know to remove the ring first, that is the only way to go IMO.

BTW, this one also has about a 1/2" long crack in the tank. Taking it apart did not make it worse. Of course YMMV.

harmonic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Desoto, Mo
so just a thought as i still havent got a chance to get one but has anybody tried to use a non tapered tube? and any reason other than the mouthpiece not to? perhaps a straight tube with a cap and a modified vision seal with the nipple (think like the stone tanks) might work...
man i just need to break down and order a couple :D

byggd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2011
So Cal
Any word on when the LR Stardusts will be back in stock? I haven't been watching the threads closely lately so I might have missed it. I need to place an order sometime this week and didn't know if I needed to hold off or just go ahead.
I'm in the same boat. I'm down to my last one and want to wait until the LR units are stocked B4 ordering.

AinSophAur

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2012
Montreal
I know it's very rare it seems but not for me.. My first one the center pin wasnt straight so that flooded all the time. I'm laying a V2 on its side right now. I'll pick it up in a few minutes and I will most likely get a gurgle. Also getting vapor in the top of the tank indicating a leak. I'm tightening them as much as possible too. Using a pure VG juice. I dont have any PG juices ATM

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread