Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweetab

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Portland, OR
I have just received my first itaste vv today! It came fully charged and ready to vape!
I have found that my provari mini is too heavy to hold all day.The 18490 battery doesn't seem to last me more than 1 1/2 hours either. I guess I am a heavy vaper? I must say that I do enjoy the look, feel, and function of the provari mini.

I also have an innokin mvp on the way.

Any other recommendations for a lightweight pv with a long battery/charge life?

Penn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2013
In the wilderness
To know how long something should last we would need to know the mah rating and what voltage or watt setting you are at.

The MVP is pretty heavy, as can be expected with a 2600mah with lithium batteries.

As far as something with long battery life and light weight - I was at a place called Steam Cigs. They are the store owned by the people who make a few mod products including epipe mods. I saw a prototype for a 2600 US Baux. It isn't lithium batteries and in a wood casing. Internal batteries with a micro charging port and variable voltage. I don't know when it will be on the market but it looks nice. Very lightweight.

cmdebrecht

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
My friend and I had been hoping to buy an mvp for a couple weeks and our b&m would always sell out the day they got them in. So last night when we were there looking to buy one they said they were on order and expected in any day. So we prepaid for them so we wouldn't miss out again. Now I am staring at my phone, willing it to ring. It's as bad as stalking the mailman!

My only concern is that I know I have no idea how to use the thing...It's the new VV/VW style.

JMarca

E-Cig Afficionado
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2013
New York
I have just received my first itaste vv today! It came fully charged and ready to vape!
I have found that my provari mini is too heavy to hold all day.The 18490 battery doesn't seem to last me more than 1 1/2 hours either. I guess I am a heavy vaper? I must say that I do enjoy the look, feel, and function of the provari mini.

I also have an innokin mvp on the way.

Any other recommendations for a lightweight pv with a long battery/charge life?

Are you confusing 18490 for 18350s?

The Provari Mini takes an 18350 stock without an extension cap. Maybe you those mixed up? If that's the case 2 hours of very heavy vaping sounds more reasonable.

BernieVideo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
NoHo El Lay CA
Your batteries might be bad or your charger might be malfunctioning.
I get 6 - 9 hours on a 18490.
Have you thouroughly cleaned the bottom cap & tube threads and put a dab of Nolax on them lately?
What batteries are you using?

I also get 6 to 9 hours on my AW 16490s on
my Provari Mini. They are only 2 weeks old.

What Brand battery are you using? Are they old? What are you charging them on?

You running 6 volts?

Are your batteries AW

Tapatalking on iPhone.
Join the CASAA.
Protect your Vaping Rights!

Sweetab

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Portland, OR
Your batteries might be bad or your charger might be malfunctioning.
I get 6 - 9 hours on a 18490.
Have you thouroughly cleaned the bottom cap & tube threads and put a dab of Noalox on them lately?
What batteries are you using?
I am using the batteries that are sold at provape. I'm not sure what brand those are? They are red imr's. I haven't lubed the threads. The provari is only 2 months old. I use the charger provided by provape as well.

Penn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2013
In the wilderness
My friend and I had been hoping to buy an mvp for a couple weeks and our b&m would always sell out the day they got them in. So last night when we were there looking to buy one they said they were on order and expected in any day. So we prepaid for them so we wouldn't miss out again. Now I am staring at my phone, willing it to ring. It's as bad as stalking the mailman!

My only concern is that I know I have no idea how to use the thing...It's the new VV/VW style.

Just pm'd you directions for MVP 2.

Sweetab

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Portland, OR
+1 for cleaning. My mini with 18350 lasts minimum 3 hours if i'm vaping heavy. I upgraded the end cap and now use 18490 batteries and lasts a lot longer. Take a look at the provape website that has instructions for cleaning. It should make a difference. Good luck! :vapor:

Thanks for the tip. I didn't think I would have to clean it already, as it is practically brand new(2 months).

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
You must be a heavy vapor. I get 5 - 6 hours with my AW 18350 batteries, and 9 - 10 hours with the AW 18490 batteries. I personally would upgrade your charger if you got the Trustfire Provape sells. I use the Nitecore Intellicharger.

The iTaste MVP should be a nice fit for you. I got 2 if not 3 days per charge with my MVP, so you should get at least an entire day. It can also be used as a pass through.

Another lightweight easy-to-hold and pocket-worthy mod that will last all day is the Smoktech VV Gripper. It uses an 18650 IMR battery and goes for around $40. SmokTech Gripper Variable Voltage

gripper.jpg

Last edited:

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Using a multimeter or your provari to check the battery voltage before & after charging.
The battery should be 4.2v when it's fully charged.
The bottom cap & tube complete the negative side of the electronic circuit, the cleanliness of the threads is important to proper operation.
I have to clean the threads at least once a week.
The cheap trustfire charger is unreliable at best.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread