Just saw a commercial for E-Cigs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jellyfish

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2012
Philly Burbs
I saw that same commercial about a month ago around 2 AM, and I'm thankful that I came across it. I did not end up with any BluCigs, but it got me looking around and I found some great things that are working quite well for me. So thanks BluCigs for getting me to think and for letting me know that there are some alternatives to cigarettes that really work.

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
I've seen that commercial a million times. "Come on, we're all adults here!" His walking slo-mo shot is hilarious. "Take your freedom back!" La Magra the Blood God vapes Blu's. LOL.

Edit, forgot to mention there's a lesser-quality commercial that comes on late night. It's got a dude using a Blu-type e-cig in his car. He parks at a red light and does his "I can smoke anywhere now!" spiel. Funny thing is, no one is smoking anything! :)

Last edited:

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
San Antonio, Texas, United States
I've seen that commercial a million times. "Come on, we're all adults here!" His walking slo-mo shot is hilarious. "Take your freedom back!" La Magra the Blood God vapes Blu's. LOL.

Edit, forgot to mention there's a lesser-quality commercial that comes on late night. It's got a dude using a Blu-type e-cig in his car. He parks at a red light and does his "I can smoke anywhere now!" spiel. Funny thing is, no one is smoking anything! :)

I think it's the same dude from a ...... commercial. He can smoke anywhere and get on his wife's nerves at the same time.

Buggs5347

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Arizona

Some states the "smoking" part of the commercials is edited out, as they won't allow that part to be shown.

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
Has anyone ever told you you kinda look like Rick Astley? :)

I've been seeing that commercial pretty often, ever since Lorillard bought Blu they've really been pushing to advertise. I'm glad too, I didn't get a Blu (thank god) but it got me to look into vaping again after being disappointed a few years back when I first tried.

Dr. Phill

ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2012
Kansas City, Mo
Kinda funny though isn't it? You never see an eGo advertised, and I'm betting if one of our most popular vendors wanted to advertise, the advertising department down at the stations would say NO WAY...........Big Tobacco owns Blu and wants to advertise, OK no problem at all. Big tobacco always gets what they want, even in the vaping world.

GreenEyesDon'tLie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2012
MD, USA
Has anyone ever told you you kinda look like Rick Astley? :)

I can honestly say that's never happened. I did hear Daniel Craig once, but never Rick Astley. :)

Kinda funny though isn't it? You never see an eGo advertised, and I'm betting if one of our most popular vendors wanted to advertise, the advertising department down at the stations would say NO WAY...........Big Tobacco owns Blu and wants to advertise, OK no problem at all. Big tobacco always gets what they want, even in the vaping world.

There's a good chance you're right, BT is one of the most powerful lobbying groups in existence. But I feel like part of it is money too. It's ridiculously expensive to advertise, especially on TV, and I'd bet that most PV vendors just can't afford it the way BT can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread