Just starting need help! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiffers5

Jun 16, 2012
usa
Hi everyone!
I tried e-cigs a year ago and I liked it a lot...but had one issue...every time I puffed, the back of my throat would feel weird/burn and I would start coughing. It was never a smooth hit. I was told by a friend of mine that I got a really crappy e-cig and to try a different kind. The kit I got says Fifty-One on it...I am thinking that is the brand.

So here is what I am looking for...hoping you guys can point me in a good direction.
I smoke Camel filter 99's...about a pack a day.

I would like a 2 piece that looks like a cig nothing that's black or weird looking. At this time I am not looking to refill, since I have no clue about it :) Size wise...not to sure...I like the length of a 100...but I don't want it heavy. I would be ok with a regular size...just not to heavy. My Fifty-One was way to heavy in the 100. I don't like flavored carts...just want it to taste like my Camel 99 filters. Battery life...as along as possible..LOL...I will order a second battery...I just want one where I can pick it up and go for it. I also need to know what strength carts to get to mimic my Camel 99 filters...I really have no clue when it comes to all of this...so much information! Which is a good thing...but confusing to a newbie like me.

I hope someone out there can help a girl out..I have smoked for 22 years and it is time to change that! Thanks for all your help :D

Last edited:

NGIB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2012
Hinesville, GA
First, no e-cig will ever duplicate the taste of a real smoke - can't as there is no actual burning of "stuff". Second, no cig-sized device is really suited to serious all day vaping as the batteries are just to small. If you must have a cig-sized unit, the Volt from Smokeless Image is considered the gold standard here on ECF for price vs performance. I really can't help with what flavor to choose as I don't use any tobacco type flavors, but I've heard the juices that SI sells are pretty good. I think they are having a Father's Day sale this weekend as well, don't remember the code I saw yesterday though...

Smokeless Image | Only The Best Electronic Cigarette | Electronic Cigarettes | Wholesale Electronic Cigarettes | E-Cigarette | Best Electronic Cigarette | Electronic Cigarette

JZXJ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2012
St. Louis
If you want to stick with a cig sized bat, get 4 of them and a matching PCC case (the case has a battery that will charge your ecig bats), find a vendor that uses a pg/vg blend in their prefilled cartos and see if the hit is better for you. A 510 style battery is the most common type of connector for bat/carto with 808,808D,KR808D being the second most common. Whichever you get pick up an adapter for the other so you have the most options when shopping for pre-filled cartomizers. Manual batteries are less hassle than automatic batteries ...you have to push a button to fire it but it won't be dead from randomly firing in your pocket. Lastly read read read use that search box.

kookycole

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2012
Newark, OH
If you decide to purchase from Smokeless Image the 25% off code is voltdad. The 78mm batteries last about 3 hours of continuous vaping. You might want to think about learning to refill the cartomizers because it can save you a lot of money and it isn't that difficult. There are lots of you tube videos that give instructions on how to do it.
You probably won't have much luck on finding something that tastes exactly like your cigarettes, but I'd suggest trying some sample packs and seeing if you can find something that you like.
As far as the throat burn/coughing it could be that you just need to get used to vaping. My brother used to cough every time he tried my ecig, but that stopped after a couple of days of using it. Make sure that you drink plenty of water, because it can dry out your throat. If you try it for a while and it is still bothering your throat and making you cough then you might be sensitive to PG, and I would try a juice with a higher VG content. Smokeless Image does not allow you to choose your VG ratio, so you'll have to get your juice someplace else.

NGIB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2012
Hinesville, GA
Since being a new member you cannot start a thread I will ask here. I am brand new to vaping and I was a very heavy smoker. I am looking for something that is as close to the taste of Newport as possible. Any help with the juice and where to find will be great.

You can start a thread in the new member's area.

No juice will replicate the taste of a real cigarette - period. I smoked menthols for 35 years and it's actually one of the easiest areas to find something that works. As a heavy smoker, I would not recommend you try a smallish cig-sized system as it won't have enough "horsepower". Something like this will be much better sited to you and it's what most folks graduate to as soon as they realize that size isn't that important...

Elite Vaporworks KGO Starter Kit with Boge LR Cartomizers - KGO

This kit comes with good cartomizers and I see Menthol as being available in their juice selection. If you're a heavy smoker I'd start out with their 32mg juice...

Shiffers5

Jun 16, 2012
usa
I would probably just try the smooth sampler and I'd get either 24mg or 18 mg to start out. If you don't like them, don't give up on vaping. I personally didn't like the ones from smokeless image, but I've found a lot of others that I do like.

Can I use other carts from other companies with the Volt? What other companies carts do you like?
Thanks for the post :)

kookycole

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2012
Newark, OH
Can I use other carts from other companies with the Volt? What other companies carts do you like?
Thanks for the post :)

I actually really like the cartomizers from smokeless image, I just don't like the juice. I don't think the pre-filled cartomizers taste as good in general. Maybe you'll get lucky and find something that you like. But unless you have a lot of money and price doesn't mean that much to you, you really should look into refilling the cartomizer. Then you can just get blanks and it will really open up your options to a lot of different flavors and juice vendors.

kookycole

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2012
Newark, OH
Thank you everyone...you have all been a HUGE help! I am ordering the Volt Pro starter kit with the Smooth Sampler at 2.4%...I hope that is not to high. I can't wait to kick this 22 year habit! Whoo Hoo!!!!!

Thanks again, Stacy

Congrats on your purchase, I think you'll be happy with smokeless image. By the way, you can get a free battery, cartomizers, or juice after you get your kit by taking a pic of yourself with your volt and posting it here:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-your-freebie-faces-volt-smokeless-image.html

Shiffers5

Jun 16, 2012
usa
I just saw the video on refilling the carts...easy peasy! Once I get my kit in and try the flavors out...going to have to order some juice! Might just have to search the forum for juice vendors...I have learned so much more by coming to this forum...Thank you all!

Thanks Kookycole for the freebie link...I LOVE freebies! I for sure will be posting my pic! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread