Just won a brass mod!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soully

ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2013
Cerritos, CA
So, I just won an overdose copper mod, and from what I've read, it is 100% copper, not copper plated. Cool! I'm looking to MAYBE be doing a patina on it. I really think a purple patina is the way I want to go if I want to do this.

I've tried looking online to find a way to do it, but really only found the necessary chemicals for it, not a guide to do it. Would really prefer a video showing the process and end result, but still no luck on that sadly.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

I may end up not doing one at all, and just giving a whirl to using it and seeing what happens with a natural patina, but honestly I'm not at all sure.

Any info would be awesome! Thanks bunch!

Soully

ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2013
Cerritos, CA
Awesome! I'd seen that site before, but my chemical knowledge isn't -really- good. Parts by weight? Also, while not -really- good, it is semi-ok. Isn't glacial pure acetic acid? It gives a 404 error when you look at the "more info" section for it so no way to see if/how much it is for purchase (speaking to when you go to the "purple" section of that site)

It also says brush to surface...can I assume while at room temperature? And what about removal? Is it just rinse off?

Thanks again!

Last edited:

Maurice Pudlo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2013
United States
I have no first hand experience, just fired up a quick google search to find those two links for you.

I know the jewelry folks and mod folks go all out doing the forced petina thing, YouTube has a mess of videos as well.

Me, I'm a ohhh let's get rid of this tarnish kinda guy, but I have to admit some petinas do look cool.

Maurice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread