Status
Not open for further replies.

Jingles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2011
Ohio
Has anyone compared the Justfog to the Myblu or Von Earl? My less than stellar experience with four of the Myblu starter kits has me looking for something of better quality. I like the idea of a fire button as the air flow switch on the Myblus was very problematic. The refillable, rewickable and recoilable aspects would be a huge advantage over others making it much more cost effective. Any reccomended vendors to get one of these.

My Vapor Store currently has the Bronze, Blue, and Silver in stock for $18.99. I got a red one from them a few weeks ago and have been very happy with it. Great stealth device for walking into work or using in the stock room at work. Still on my first pod with 3 refills. No problems so far. I like the airier draw. I picked up a MyBlu from Walgreens this week. Too finicky of a draw for me, juice in the mouth, etc...

Vicman

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2014
Chicago
Just a quick question about the draw on these. Is a direct lung hit possible? Two of the video reviews said strictly mouth to lung.
It puts out a good amount of vapor which surprised me when first using it. If taking in outside air with the draw, it does a direct lung hit. Not like with a sub-ohm tank, but enough where I get a good throat hit. For such a small device, it does pack a punch. Yet when I restrict the outside air on the draw and just take the draw of the device, it is more mouth to lungish and the flavor is better and the vape is warmer. I tend to do the direct to the lung hit with this as I like a cooler vape.

As for the pg/vg ratio, no idea. I mix my stuff at 50/50 and it works well in this. I looked at the specs that came with the replacement pods I bought and it does not mention a pg/vg ratio. If id does, I missed it as the print is so damn small, it's difficult to read (even with cheaters on).

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
It's odd that some of the Myblu complaints are about the connection. On the Myblu, the spring pins on the battery stick out so far that I can actually pull the pod out by over 1mm and it still works fine. But the Myblu is certainly not the best device. It's just a good deal for $1.

Well after a day and a half with MyBlu, I see what some MyBlu users are talking about. As the more times you pull the pod in and out (I'm sure I pulled and inserted my first pod way over 50 times), The pod is not held in place by the dimples on the battery anymore. In fact, it easily falls out now. A new pod solves the problem.

And it isn't a problem with the pins not making a connection. Like you said they are long. The problem is the draw no longer draws airflow through the actuator. But up and outside of the pod instead. As the pod isn't pressed against that air seal anymore. So the device thinks you are hardly drawing and gives you a very weak vape.

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
Well after a day and a half with MyBlu, I see what some MyBlu users are talking about. As the more times you pull the pod in and out (I'm sure I pulled and inserted my first pod way over 50 times), The pod is not held in place by the dimples on the battery anymore. In fact, it easily falls out now. A new pod solves the problem.

And it isn't a problem with the pins not making a connection. Like you said they are long. The problem is the draw no longer draws airflow through the actuator. But up and outside of the pod instead. As the pod isn't pressed against that air seal anymore. So the device thinks you are hardly drawing and gives you a very weak vape.

Thanks for the explanation @BillW50

Puffcat

ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2013
Mesa, AZ
Just ordered a black Minifit from Desert Vapes here locally. Eciggity (my usual go to vendor) is out of stock completely. I gave up on Myblu #4 , the only one I had been having a little sucess with. Four out of four failures. Overpriced, even at the $1.00 Blu is unloading these for. Already whipped up a small batch of a flu cured tobacco flavor, 50/50 with 12 mg to try when the Minifit arrives.

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
Just ordered a black Minifit from Desert Vapes here locally. Eciggity (my usual go to vendor) is out of stock completely. I gave up on Myblu #4 , the only one I had been having a little sucess with. Four out of four failures. Overpriced, even at the $1.00 Blu is unloading these for. Already whipped up a small batch of a flu cured tobacco flavor, 50/50 with 12 mg to try when the Minifit arrives.

Let us know how you like it. If pods turn out not to be your thing, you might consider something like the Joyetech Ego AIO ECO --it's about the size of a pod mod. I haven't tried it but @dansus has recommended it previously. And if you don't mind something bigger, you might try the Aspire Breeze 1. I have 2 of those. They aren't pod mods and the draw is not at all like a cigarette but it is very reliable. There's a Breeze 2 that uses pods but I don't have one and haven't made up my mind about it. I've heard mixed reviews with some folks saying they prefer the original.

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
Is the pod deck and chimney all made of plastic? Im thinking of buying one but the coil heating next to the plastic concerns me.

I'm not sure how hot the coil leads get. I'm also not sure of the exact plastic that is used. There are lots of high heat resistant plastics. On the Minifit (and Boulder Rock), the coil leads are sandwiched against the plastic deck by the terminals. On the some pod mods like the Smok Infinix, the coil leads only make direct contact with the terminals. Only the terminals make direct contact with the plastic deck.

I'm more concerned with the chrome and PVD plating that is widely used on tanks and drop in style coils. There have been reports of the plating corroding on the Aspire Breeze chimney. I have not seen any drop in coils (for tanks or pods) that are made with stainless steel housing. They all seem to be plated. On some of the tanks, the entire thing is sometimes plated. A few of the expensive ones are stainless. On pods, the chimney is sometimes plastic and sometimes metal. Juul uses stainless steel for the chimney. The Smok Infinix uses a metal chimney instead of plastic but I'm not sure if it is plated or stainless.

I'd actually prefer a heat resistant plastic rather than a plated tank or housing on a drop in coil. But I don't the exact type of plastic used and there's no data.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
I'm not sure how hot the coil leads get. I'm also not sure of the exact plastic that is used. There are lots of high heat resistant plastics. On the Minifit (and Boulder Rock), the coil leads are sandwiched against the plastic deck by the terminals. On the some pod mods like the Smok Infinix, the coil leads only make direct contact with the terminals. Only the terminals make direct contact with the plastic deck.

I am pretty sure neither one the legs ever touch the plastic anywhere. There are insulators between the plastic and the legs. What kind? I am not sure I never touched one. Just looking at them they could be PEEK or silicone I suppose from the videos.

Puffcat

ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2013
Mesa, AZ
I received my Minifit today and I am impressed! I do direct to lung and every hit so far has been consistant with good flavor and plenty of vapor. Pod was easy to fill but you really need to hold it up to a light to see the level due to the darker plastic. Gave it about 5 minutes to wick my DIY 50/50 tobacco flavor and first hit was perfect. Button is clickey and works perfect every time. Because of it's small size, I find it easier to use upside down using my thumb on the button.This tiny thing vapes more like a mod/tank than a pod mod. I am actually starting to feel sorry for the people buying up all those MyBlu's!

Puffcat

ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2013
Mesa, AZ
Just a quick update. I really need to put this thing down for the night. Usually vape at 3mg nic and I mixed this batch at 9mg for a little more throat hit. Vaped about 1/3 of the pod and the battery still shows 3 leds. I will probably give it a refill or two before ordering extra pods for a little flavor variety. "Manual" says these use Nichrome wire. Not sure what gauge, so will be doing a little investigating.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
I received my Minifit today and I am impressed! I do direct to lung and every hit so far has been consistant with good flavor and plenty of vapor. Pod was easy to fill but you really need to hold it up to a light to see the level due to the darker plastic. Gave it about 5 minutes to wick my DIY 50/50 tobacco flavor and first hit was perfect. Button is clickey and works perfect every time. Because of it's small size, I find it easier to use upside down using my thumb on the button.This tiny thing vapes more like a mod/tank than a pod mod. I am actually starting to feel sorry for the people buying up all those MyBlu's!

My Minifit comes tomorrow. And don't feel sorry for all of us who bought MyBlu for a buck. Once all of MyBlu pods are empty, I'm done with them. And besides, I didn't even consider buying any pod device at all (currently using squonkers) until MyBlu for a buck came out. Now I am looking at other pods. :)

Puffcat

ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2013
Mesa, AZ
At least your MyBlu's are apparently working. My four out of four failures tells me that a certain percentage of smokers who try these (because they are only $1.00 ), are going to have a disappointing experience and keep right on smoking. Those are the people I feel sorry for. And as for Blu's great lifetime warranty. I have had three of their customer service reps promise to send a post paid envelope to return my defective units. Still waiting. Imagine if I was still a smoker and had paid the $19.95 regular price for these!

My Batt Hurts

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2017
UK
Waiting for mine, but it seems its going to be a bit airy for me. I do a tightish mtl. I figure i'll block the two side holes and drill a new one in the middle...
That's the plan anyways...:?:
Please would you post an update if you do? I ended up stuffing one of its holes with blu tack and it sort of worked - not thooper-dooper tight, but tighter. It's less airy than a nautilus 2 with three holes open (sorry if that means nothing).

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Just a quick update. I really need to put this thing down for the night. Usually vape at 3mg nic and I mixed this batch at 9mg for a little more throat hit. Vaped about 1/3 of the pod and the battery still shows 3 leds. I will probably give it a refill or two before ordering extra pods for a little flavor variety. "Manual" says these use Nichrome wire. Not sure what gauge, so will be doing a little investigating.
I picked one up for Mrs. Izan last night.
Filled it with her 70% VG juice at 12mg/ml (freebase). She likes it so far but a few days use should be more revealing.
I found the TH to be weak with the 12mg/ml. I filled an extra pod with some original (2015) Boba's Bounty at 24mg/ml and I have to say it's a great vape. Flavor is a bit muted and TH is still mild, but it seemed to wick the high VG BB with no problem. It will not replace my squonker, however it is very functional and convenient.

I modified a silicone battery cover into a little sheath that holds the Minifit so Mrs.Izan can hang it on a lanyard/key chain etc. to keep the lil' bugger from getting lost. The minifit USB port is off center and a small opening allows the unit to charge in the sheath. (Patent Pending) :headbang:

Cheers
I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread