Justfog Minifit

Retails for
Status
Not open for further replies.

Puffcat

ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2013
Mesa, AZ
Have any experienced Minifit users vaped a pod until empty? Thinking of changing flavors and I do not want to burn the cotton (or coil) since I have not ordered any extra pods yet. Shining a flashlight from behind, I can clearly see the juice level, coil and wick tails. Just not sure how low I can safely vape to. Tried opening the little flap and letting it drain but after about an hour I got about 1 drop to drain.

Reactions: stols001

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Have any experienced Minifit users vaped a pod until empty? Thinking of changing flavors and I do not want to burn the cotton (or coil) since I have not ordered any extra pods yet. Shining a flashlight from behind, I can clearly see the juice level, coil and wick tails. Just not sure how low I can safely vape to.

Well any bright light works well. Computer screens with a white background, table lamp, sun, etc. Although without watching. Just stop if the vape is getting hotter and let it rest and check the juice level.

Tried opening the little flap and letting it drain but after about an hour I got about 1 drop to drain.

No that takes weeks to do it that way. I use a syringe to empty a pod. Got one of them?

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Funny how most tanks for regular mods are glass but they obviously can make plastic that doesn't melt nowadays, lol.

No not always. After a few hits on my Boulder Rock device, it looks like the cavity were the coil sits is melting. Hard to tell by this photo though.

melted-boulder-rock-pod-jpg.754059

My Batt Hurts

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2017
UK
I don't taste plastic, but I do taste burnt. Funny my Minifit taste a lot like it. Can't see if the plastic is melting in the Minifit as easy. As I have to disassemble the pod.
I'd wondered about this. I don't think I'm getting a burnt taste yet, but I'm a bit wary of dry hits on these. I top up quite a lot to avoid any bite. And high PG - you WILL wick! Good thing they're not pushing 30W...

cardsfan300

ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2014
Florida
I have had no problems with my minifit and I have used about 10 pods or so. My only complaint is the looser draw, but its not too bad. I really like the Vladdin too, but the hit is less powerful than the minifit and I am not so sure about ceramic coils in the Vladdin. The minifit is just so easy to use and so far no leaking, not one bit of spit back, and i mean none, and its just a satisfying vape regardless of the draw not being quite as tight as I would like it.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
I have had no problems with my minifit and I have used about 10 pods or so. My only complaint is the looser draw, but its not too bad. I really like the Vladdin too, but the hit is less powerful than the minifit and I am not so sure about ceramic coils in the Vladdin. The minifit is just so easy to use and so far no leaking, not one bit of spit back, and i mean none, and its just a satisfying vape regardless of the draw not being quite as tight as I would like it.
Maybe I am just very sensitive and tasting burnt way before something burns. I rarely get that on any of my squonkers and RTA unless I've been using them over a month without rebuilding. And since I also use TC, I know the Minifit hits over 500°F. That is way too high and I don't think it is safe to vape at those temperatures.

Yes I hear you about being worried about ceramic. But it is PG/VG soaked ceramic. Vaping dry ceramic could cause loose dust and tiny pieces to go into your lungs. But wet, they can't really go anywhere. Dry sidewalks also contains the same powder and tiny pieces. Yet people walk over that concrete and stir up the powder and dust with their shoes and nobody seems to worry about that. And the Vladdin doesn't leak either (unless you get a defective pod). Plus the vape seems to be about 400°F and that is plenty safe, at least safer than 500°F.

Puffcat

ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2013
Mesa, AZ
BillW50,
Did you say you were using a 70vg juice? Maybe try a 50/50 in one of the new pods. Nothing to lose. I will say that although the flavor I am getting is good, it lacks a certain "crispness" in the same juice used in a dripper. To be expected in such a small device I guess. Not a hint of "burnt" so far. Maybe sacrifice that pod and rewick with some quality cotton. Having vaped through the EVOD years, I know I will try rewicking and recoiling one of these.

Puffcat

ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2013
Mesa, AZ
Just another thought but the Minifit uses some type (there are many) of Nichrome wire. Some report a kind of metallic taste with Nichrome and some even report a Nickel allergy. Of course there are those that have similar claims using Kanthal. I am guessing these were designed to run a little hotter to create a little more vapor. Mine seems fine unless I try a little chain vaping.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
BillW50,
Did you say you were using a 70vg juice? Maybe try a 50/50 in one of the new pods. Nothing to lose. I will say that although the flavor I am getting is good, it lacks a certain "crispness" in the same juice used in a dripper. To be expected in such a small device I guess. Not a hint of "burnt" so far. Maybe sacrifice that pod and rewick with some quality cotton. Having vaped through the EVOD years, I know I will try rewicking and recoiling one of these.

Yeah I suppose. The vapor and flavor is there, it is just too hot. Maybe it is just a hot coil. Every juice I have is either 70 or 80VG. I did buy a bottle of MFS Strawberry Milk 50/50 50mg nic salt for the Vladdin, but that works fine with 70VG anyway. That 50/50 tastes like a some sort of bad artificially flavored berry juice. I can vape it, but not too long as the flavor isn't that great. But it has nic. :) I am too up for rebuilding on the Minifit. I saw a video once and it doesn't seem too bad.

Just another thought but the Minifit uses some type (there are many) of Nichrome wire. Some report a kind of metallic taste with Nichrome and some even report a Nickel allergy. Of course there are those that have similar claims using Kanthal. I am guessing these were designed to run a little hotter to create a little more vapor. Mine seems fine unless I try a little chain vaping.

I have very little experience with Nichrome, since it is pretty useless with TC (although some claim to have success with DNA's Replay). But I have used Ni200 a lot and I have virtually no problems with nickel at all. Sometimes it might have a funny taste for a few ml of juice, but it goes away once the coil(s) break in. Both MyBlu and the Vladdin I noticed you have to be careful chain vaping them with 70VG at first. But after day they are fine. The Vladdin wins easy since it can keep up chain vaping it super hard until the battery is empty.

One thing I've noticed with the Minifit, is that it uses a lot of juice for a pod. Maybe I got a defective pod and it runs really hot or something. I'll ohm it out and check one of the others. I also noticed if you leave it on, but don't vape for 12 hours or more, the battery starts dropping. I turned it off and it isn't dropping any now.

Puffcat

ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2013
Mesa, AZ
After a little more reading I found the Minifit uses NR-R-NR coils. This kind of throws a "monkey wrench" into my rebuilding plans, having had no experience with welded wire. I supposed it's used so the plastic the leads pass through will not heat up or even melt. I have seen a couple videos of recoiling these using regular (N80 I assume) wire claiming good performance though. Anyone here with experience recoiling the Minifit pods?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread