Status
Not open for further replies.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
@tattooer601: I don't think Blu used nic salt until just recently and you have to order them. As they don't come with any kit. Also some nic salt juices will slightly burn my nostrils and some others like VapeJoose will not. So not all nic salt is the same.

Also some have mentioned that higher VG does work in the Minifit. But my favorite juices are 70VG/18mg and I haven't got them to wick correctly with the Minifit. If you only take one hit and wait 30 seconds of so before another hit, I would think that might work okay.

Scott1312

Jul 24, 2018
I am going to build the coil for my mini fit box. As far as i checked online. It is originally 32 gauge wire made of Nicrom (n80), 1.6 ohm, 2 mm inner diameter, is all the information true? If i build the coil, i would like to ask the following question:
1/ What material should i use for the wire ? (kanthal or stainless steel). By this i mean which material is better in terms of building coils for a pod system.
2/ What is the gauge that i should use (32 or 30) and what is the difference)
3/ How many wraps should i make for 32 and 30 for it to work?
4/Can I use bacon cotton for the wick?
5/ Is it possible that the plastic could be melt because of the legs of the coil when it heats up?
If i was wrong about something, please correct me.

Looking forward to your response.
Thank you and have a good day.
Could someone help me with this?

Reactions: stols001

tattooer601

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2010
mississippi
@tattooer601: I don't think Blu used nic salt until just recently and you have to order them. As they don't come with any kit. Also some nic salt juices will slightly burn my nostrils and some others like VapeJoose will not. So not all nic salt is the same.

Also some have mentioned that higher VG does work in the Minifit. But my favorite juices are 70VG/18mg and I haven't got them to wick correctly with the Minifit. If you only take one hit and wait 30 seconds of so before another hit, I would think that might work okay.
Thank you, I'm hoping one of these new pod mods, will accept a higher VG liquid so I could use one effectively.

Reactions: BillW50

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Thank you, I'm hoping one of these new pod mods, will accept a higher VG liquid so I could use one effectively.
The best pod I have found so far for higher VG is the Vladdin. As I can chain vape 70VG all day on them. The Vladdin RE is their refillable version. Both versions uses ceramic wicking and dang virtually impossible to get a burnt hit from one of them.

Reactions: stols001

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
Joytech Exceed Edge
I like the looks of the edge and am really interested in getting it, but the reviews mention the draw is a loose mtl.
I like it tightish, and keeps me from pulling the trigger. My vape buying instincts however keeps bringing it to the front...:lol:

brewbear

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2017
The best pod I have found so far for higher VG is the Vladdin. As I can chain vape 70VG all day on them. The Vladdin RE is their refillable version. Both versions uses ceramic wicking and dang virtually impossible to get a burnt hit from one of them.

Isn't that a bit on the loose side for MTL? I know we each have our preference but it isn't easy to find a pod system with the tight draw some of us like. I found a video on rebuilding the minifit and on opening up the draw, I guess plugging up one of the holes already there will do the trick?

• Useful

Vicman

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2014
Chicago
I like the looks of the edge and am really interested in getting it, but the reviews mention the draw is a loose mtl.
I like it tightish, and keeps me from pulling the trigger. My vape buying instincts however keeps bringing it to the front...:lol:
It does have a looser draw. Not as loose as the Minifit but not as tight as some of the draw activated pods like the Infinix or MyBlu either. It's somewhere in the middle of them. I just got another thanks to Bill and that sale he posted as I like the build quality of this device and the fact it uses coils.

It seems my shinnyitis has now shifted from mods to pods lately. About time it went the other direction in terms of price. I say I use pods for out and about but lately, I've been using them more and more at home.

My Batt Hurts

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2017
UK
It does have a looser draw. Not as loose as the Minifit but not as tight as some of the draw activated pods like the Infinix or MyBlu either. It's somewhere in the middle of them. I just got another thanks to Bill and that sale he posted as I like the build quality of this device and the fact it uses coils.

It seems my shinnyitis has now shifted from mods to pods lately. About time it went the other direction in terms of price. I say I use pods for out and about but lately, I've been using them more and more at home.
Does the Edge have adjustable airflow? I don't see any mention of it on Joyetech's site.

Puffcat

ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2013
Mesa, AZ
Still waiting on my Fastech Minifit, pods and NR R NR 1.8 ohm wire. It's been about 2 weeks. Tracking says it reached the US 4 days ago but no further updates. Is that normal for Fastech orders? A few people have posted about recoiling these but then no word on their results. Any success (or failure) stories.

VladK16

ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2013
Toledo, OH USA
I am going to build the coil for my mini fit box. As far as i checked online. It is originally 32 gauge wire made of Nicrom (n80), 1.6 ohm, 2 mm inner diameter, is all the information true? If i build the coil, i would like to ask the following question:
1/ What material should i use for the wire ? (kanthal or stainless steel). By this i mean which material is better in terms of building coils for a pod system.
2/ What is the gauge that i should use (32 or 30) and what is the difference)
3/ How many wraps should i make for 32 and 30 for it to work?
4/Can I use bacon cotton for the wick?
5/ Is it possible that the plastic could be melt because of the legs of the coil when it heats up?
If i was wrong about something, please correct me.

Looking forward to your response.
Thank you and have a good day.

I've been using 32G SS wire with a 2mm inner diameter, 8 wraps that KZOR recommended in his rebuild video posted in this thread (he recommends it in the comment section of the video). It seems to be working OK. Did another rebuild after using this coil and did notice some discoloration in the plastic piece that holds the coil though. I'm going to be ordering the nr/r/nr 1.5 ohm wire from FT that @gigxy mentioned worked well. Thinking the non resistant legs will keep the heat down and prevent the plastic from melting.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Still waiting on my Fastech Minifit, pods and NR R NR 1.8 ohm wire. It's been about 2 weeks. Tracking says it reached the US 4 days ago but no further updates. Is that normal for Fastech orders? A few people have posted about recoiling these but then no word on their results. Any success (or failure) stories.
Yes that is totally typical. Nothing to worry about yet. It can be held in US Customs for like a week before it moves on again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread