Juul issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

leminamcnair

Jun 20, 2018
Hey everyone,
Quick question about my juul. I have been smoking it for about 6 months or so now and this is a problem that has recently developed. Every time I hit it, which is frequently, I get a strong tingling feeling under my tongue. Just wanted to know if anyone else has experienced this and might know what causes it. Thanks!

Reactions: stols001

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Sounds to me like it’s “throat hit” but under your tongue instead of throat. Like the poster above said 50mg’s is high nicotine content so it probably produces more of a throat hit. Are you a mtl vaper? If so maybe it’s the nicotine being absorbed through your tongue as you hold the vapor in your mouth while mtl vaping.

• Useful

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
If the problem just started it doesn't seem like a sensitivity (not a doctor, though) although I am sure there are instances that they can develop at any time.

Do you have a sore under your tongue that could be irritated by the juice or flavor?

Are you vaping more than you normally do? Those are high nic hits. Maybe if you are getting even more nic than usual it could be irritating.

Lastly, could you be eating or drinking something different and then vaping which is causing that sensation?

Could Juul have changed any of their formations recently? (you can write and ask but you know how that goes)

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I developed a PG allergy that didn't manifest right away (to be fair I was vaping only intermittently then). A sensitivity is kinda different from a true allergy (although, those too manifest over time).

Thing is those pods are proprietary and could contain many things. When using a Juul, well you are taking your chances a bit (to be fair this is true of many eliquids too).

It may be worth your while (since you seem to like it) to contact the manufacturer and see if any formulation changes have been made.

I also read somewhere on this forum (sorry I don't remember the name of the thread) that you can get blank cartridges much cheaper and fill them with the nic salt juice of your desire.

I will ALSO say, I vaped a Juul-- once. My kiddo picked one up in his "back to vaping" relapse. And, well, I did NOT take another hit, because I got a buzz and sensation that was pretty intense and I vape 18 mg nic salts in MTL tanks. I was like, "I don't WANT to vape that, there has GOT to be something proprietary in there, and it's something INTENSE."

However, I would think step one would be to vape a different flavor and/or contact the manufacturer the worst thing will be that they refuse to tell you.

Best of luck,

Anna

Reactions: chellie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread