Kanger evod good first choice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

freshness

Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
I'm new to vaping for the most part (before this I had a blu so I don't really count that lol) I picked up a evod starter kit at my local shop on Friday was this a good first choice as far as theses types of kits are concerned?

I can't really speak for the battery, but I did try the evod tank on my evic when i first started vaping 2 weeks ago. It's an awesome tank for the price, and i think that given you're getting off of blu's the kanger should be excellent!

Tybo88

Verified Member
Aug 20, 2013
Hershey
You'll love the EVOD, but for a back up battery, you might look at a CTwist, it's nice to be able to play with the voltage to really dial in the flavor. I use EVODs and ProTanks, love them!

Does being able to change the voltage make a big difference? I'm already pretty sure ill eventually try something like that but I always like to learn as much as I can before I try it :D

iceman68

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2013
Chicago, IL, USA
Evod performs well and is quite popular. Actually, I'm using one right now. I also like my Kanger T2 which is a top-coil clearo whereas the Evod is bottom-coil. Top-coil will give you a warmer vape. Everyone has their own preference.

I would recommend getting a second battery as a back-up (if your kit only came with one). That way you always have a spare ready to go.

Hitmetwice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2012
Ontario
Does being able to change the voltage make a big difference? I'm already pretty sure ill eventually try something like that but I always like to learn as much as I can before I try it :D

If you are noticing a burnt taste from your clearo you can adjust the voltage down to get rid of it with vv.
Likewise if you want the vape hotter and more of it, it can be turned up to just below where the taste starts giving the dreaded burnt flavour.

ut1205

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2013
Chattanooga, Tn, USA
Don't do what I just did about an hour ago. I took the coil apart to clean and do a dry burn. When I put it back together I forgot to put the center post and nylon washer back on. Took a minute to figure out where all the juice was coming from.

I'm a newby and purchased 5 evod's to start. My kit came with a CE4 and it is still working well also. I have since ordered a 7 pack of evods from FastTech. They are still in Hong Kong.

Mike Sheda

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2013
Tampa, FL
I'm new to vaping about 10 days in,... I got an ego starter kit that came with a clearomizer. A friend recommend I ditch the clearomizer and go with a tank, would the Kanger Pro Tank be a good choice?

I love the pro-tanks. (and it's little brother the EVOD). With the PT, since it's glass you don't have to worry about what you're putting in it, and it's a large fill (2.5ML) so much less time between fills.
And with the replacement coils, as well as soaking in Vodka, they are easy to maintain. Also, if you want to re-coil them yourself, there are vids all over you tube that can show you how to do it.

Abbell

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2013
Kansas City, MO
I love the pro-tanks. (and it's little brother the EVOD). With the PT, since it's glass you don't have to worry about what you're putting in it, and it's a large fill (2.5ML) so much less time between fills.
And with the replacement coils, as well as soaking in Vodka, they are easy to maintain. Also, if you want to re-coil them yourself, there are vids all over you tube that can show you how to do it.

Dammit, that is what I did wrong. I kept soaking myself with the vodka... well getting soaked anyway.

Becareful of Fastech evod tanks. They are knockoffs and some work great and some not so much. I like my genuine Evods and T3s... and Kanger Pro tanks I & II. Most tanks have personality quirks so don't worry you will find your match.

20130819_210751.jpg

TSRodes

Jul 23, 2013
Sylva, NC
IMNSHO, the EVOD BCC is an amazing first choice. my girlfriend got me into e-cigs. she had a volcano inferno when i met her. i followed suit, but the cartomizers drove me absolutely insane and i hadn't yet realized an increased potential in XL cartos or dual coil setups on wattage-tailored batteries. while i wound up with a sigelei #19e and a richman rba after a couple of months, she isn't as fiddly or compulsive...but she still hated her cartomizer vape and dealing with duds/easily burnt units. got her an EVOD when we were at a vape shop on vacation and she absolutely loves it. i'm sometimes jealous of it, too, to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread