Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011

MoonLit_Water

We All Shine On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
Stuart, Florida
I never tried a dual coil anything, went from single coil cartos to T3, Protank 1, and a mini protank. I recoil my own, and just never really seen a reason to go up tp the version 2's of any of them. I like what I am using and figure how much stuff do I really want laying around. i would rather spend money on PV's then a entire catalog of delivery devices. I do how ever want to get into RBA's at some point.

Nightcall

ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2013
USA
When dual coil cartos came out, they were all the rage and we all jumped on them.

I never noticed a huge difference in performance between single coil and dual coil. But I guess some people do like them.

The dual coil iClear 16 seems to give me more flavor, vapor, heat, but dare I say it's too much. I actually prefer my single coil Vision 2.0.

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
I wonder if the heads will be proprietary. Ideally, if you want dual coil you just buy the heads. There isn't a physical difference I can see between the 2 and the 3. Maybe the threading is different. Maybe instead of buying a whole new PT, you can just buy the base and coils.

If the heads on the ProTank 3 fits the ProTank 2 why come out with a new version when all you need to make your ProTank 2 a ProTank 3 is a dual coil. I have a feeling there is more to the dual coil heads. Also the Protank heads fit the Evod and Mini ProTanks.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Why rename it to Protank 3? What design changes did they implement, the drip tip? Wouldn't they just release dual coil heads...?

If you actually LOOK, the PT3 has a different top piece(design change)
Likely the inner tube is shorter to fit a longer Coil head to accommodate Stacked Dual coil(referencing wick bundles)
So, yes both esthetic and Mechanical Design changes.
Doubtful single coils will fit/work
Doubtful Dual coils will fit any other Kanger devices.

xan13x

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 13, 2013
USA
If you actually LOOK, the PT3 has a different top piece(design change)
Likely the inner tube is shorter to fit a longer Coil head to accommodate Stacked Dual coil(referencing wick bundles)
So, yes both esthetic and Mechanical Design changes.
Doubtful single coils will fit/work
Doubtful Dual coils will fit any other Kanger devices.

If that is the case, Kanger just shot themselves in the foot. A big part of the reason I and others I know use Kanger products is because the heads are interchangeable. If they make a new head that doesn't fit the rest of their line, this PT3 will land with a thud...

Sent with Tapytaptap or some such...

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Could not agree more. Main stream vaping does not require dual coils. Any decent blend will deliver a good cloud along with flavor.
Thought multi tank fit if a single coil was a big plus.

Kanger has been a bit off key for almost a year now anyway. We will just have to wait and see what the Final/actual PT3 offers. They always make additional changes just before releasing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread