Kanger Protank grommets

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Dingo

ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2011
North Carolina
Where can I get some of the grommets that go on the bottom of the head?

Not the silicone ones that slip on top of the 'flavor tube.'

I need some of the white(ish) rubber ones that slip into the bottom and ground the negative wire. Of course, if the ones I find are made of silicone, that'd be even better!

I ordered what I thought were the right ones from Kidney Puncher, but they don't fit.

Anyone know who has them?

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Do you mean the white ones at the bottom?

K-PROCOILS-2T.jpg

I examined those awhile ago and I'm not sure they would sell replacements. They don't seem elastic enough, if you know what I mean. I don't have one in front of me, but I seem to recall being left with the impression that it might be a strip of something similar to plumber's tape. That said, I wonder if dental rubber bands would be small enough?

The person you should ask is Edward at Sun-Vapers, he was a design consultant for Kanger when the Protank was being developed.

speedemon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2009
Chicagoland

The Dingo

ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2011
North Carolina
I've read these will work as a plug replacement for the Protank heads. AGA Series Positive Post Insulators - 10 pack - Kidney Puncher

Haven't tried it, so can't vouch for the accuracy of the statement.

Those are the ones I tried previously. They are too big to fit into the hole on the bottom of the head assembly. They can be forced in, but they get squished to the point that the positive post doesn't fit.

Thanks for the replies!

The Dingo

ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2011
North Carolina
Do you mean the white ones at the bottom?

K-PROCOILS-2T.jpg

I examined those awhile ago and I'm not sure they would sell replacements. They don't seem elastic enough, if you know what I mean. I don't have one in front of me, but I seem to recall being left with the impression that it might be a strip of something similar to plumber's tape. That said, I wonder if dental rubber bands would be small enough?

The person you should ask is Edward at Sun-Vapers, he was a design consultant for Kanger when the Protank was being developed.

No, they're more than just a strip of something. They are cylindrical insulators with a small side that slides into the assembly.
I'll contact Edward at Sun-Vapers. I'll tell him "the Ocelot sent me." Maybe I'll get a discount! :)

Thanks for the info!

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
No, they're more than just a strip of something. They are cylindrical insulators with a small side that slides into the assembly.
I'll contact Edward at Sun-Vapers. I'll tell him "the Ocelot sent me." Maybe I'll get a discount! :)

Thanks for the info!

LOL! That won't do you any good. He doesn't know my handle. He is obsessed passionate when it comes to the products he's involved with, if anyone can help you he can.

Since it's not the white strip thingy, I'm still unclear what you're talking about. Is it the clear-ish gasket (rubber bandy) doohicky just under the lip/flat part/whatever above the strip thingy? I apologize if my techno-speak is too advanced for you.

Last edited:

The Dingo

ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2011
North Carolina

The Dingo

ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2011
North Carolina
I've read these will work as a plug replacement for the Protank heads. AGA Series Positive Post Insulators - 10 pack - Kidney Puncher

Haven't tried it, so can't vouch for the accuracy of the statement.

After contacting sun vapers (thank you Ocelot) I made (another) attempt at using these this morning. They took a little more effort to get them to fit, but they do work! I guess my fine motor skills have gotten better in the past year or so...another benefit to vaping/recoiling! :)

Thanks Retired1 and Ocelot for the advice! ECF rocks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread