Silicone Grommet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dokebilee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2009
Queens, NY
I remember coming across a thread that had a small bit on silicone grommets and how Kanger released new grommets to replace the old rubber ones. I can't seem to find this post and I think it's a good time to replace my rubber grommets as they are getting dirty/ripped.

The device I'm using is a Protank 2, which is a great rebuildable clearomizer, but I think the rubber grommets are effecting the flavor a bit.

I came across some silicone grommets over at Kidney Puncher but they seem to be out of stock atm. Does anyone have any other sources at which I can buy some?

Also, does anyone have any issues with silicone grommets? or are they much better than the rubber grommets that come standard in the Protank 2's?

gjustin79

Coil Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Oceanside, CA, USA
I remember coming across a thread that had a small bit on silicone grommets and how Kanger released new grommets to replace the old rubber ones. I can't seem to find this post and I think it's a good time to replace my rubber grommets as they are getting dirty/ripped.

The device I'm using is a Protank 2, which is a great rebuildable clearomizer, but I think the rubber grommets are effecting the flavor a bit.

I came across some silicone grommets over at Kidney Puncher but they seem to be out of stock atm. Does anyone have any other sources at which I can buy some?

Also, does anyone have any issues with silicone grommets? or are they much better than the rubber grommets that come standard in the Protank 2's?

Discount vapers sells replacement heads for PT's and T3s's that have the new silicone grommets.

Stegle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2010
Portland,Oregon

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
haven't seen the silicone grommets being sold without the head yet. until a week or two ago you had to buy the whole clearo to get the silicone grommets.

until they're sold individually, the answer to keeping the rubber from burning is to keep the heat at the coil instead of down the legs. contact coils will do that for you...

GpAFYbZ.jpg

lightning vapes ships fast and free. not a bad source for parts they carry. if you need to replace burnt or worn grommets, i wouldn't hesitate to order from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread