Status
Not open for further replies.

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
If this hadn't come up many people might have come upon those grommets just like I did some weeks back, but might have ordered them based on the reviews. Now thanks to you and Mac people will know they better wait for a Kanger grommet, or the like.

Right?!!! That review had me scratching' my head after the 2nd or 3rd order I placed. I had to pee on the electric fence myself a few times. But no, I wasn't trying to single out anybody. Only to point out how easily we may have unmerited trust on this forum. And I forgot too many times that likely a good proportion of participants here are just as clueless as I am!!!

Just sayin'.

:D

There are three kinds of men: the one that learns by reading, the few who learn by observation, and the rest who have to pee on the electric fence for themselves. —Will Rogers

Trayce

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2013
Multiversal
Right?!!! That review had me scratching' my head after the 2nd or 3rd order I placed. I had to pee on the electric fence myself a few times. But no, I wasn't trying to single out anybody. Only to point out how easily we may have unmerited trust on this forum. And I forgot too many times that likely a good proportion of participants here are just as clueless as I am!!!

I still think there's a chance they might get (or have gotten in the past) grommets of slightly different sizes from their supplier(s)... a slightly tighter one would still fit the AGA likely (since silicone stretches), but "the exact right one for the AGA" might be too large for the Protank. So if people happened to buy some of the potentially 'smaller' stock... they might leave a positive review. But if this hypothesis is true, it IS odd no one ever bought the "larger" one and posted to say it DIDN'T work.

If I understand you Mac and you DID buy these exact grommets, I'd humbly suggest leaving a review there saying they did not work in your experience. :)

And we all learn the hard way now or then... every single one of us. I know that path well myself. :)

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
I still think there's a chance they might get (or have gotten in the past) grommets of slightly different sizes from their supplier(s)... a slightly tighter one would still fit the AGA likely (since silicone stretches), but "the exact right one for the AGA" might be too large for the Protank. So if people happened to buy some of the potentially 'smaller' stock... they might leave a positive review. But if this hypothesis is true, it IS odd no one ever bought the "larger" one and posted to say it DIDN'T work.

If I understand you Mac and you DID buy these exact grommets, I'd humbly suggest leaving a review there saying they did not work in your experience. :)

And we all learn the hard way now or then... every single one of us. I know that path well myself. :)

Isn't it? But understand that the vendor/s in fairness to them don't offer the AGA insulators as an alternative for anything other than the AGA series. It is that repeated assumption that if something is repeated enough times, well then — it must be true — that prompted me to post. And your logical question, why has no one challenged the assumption if it's wrong. A good question.

So I pulled out my calabash and went sleuthing through my records to find I'd purchased them from three different sources and found all three supplies to be identical. As they should be, they're for a specific type of atomizer. I would have been surprised if they weren't.

I originally tested these in the first few weeks I was vaping Vivi's. I started rebuilding almost immediately and naturally, burny grommets, for the abundance of reasons that they may happen. The AGA style grommets actually fit in the base of the Vivi assembly. But if you noticed the wall thickness, that compresses inward virtually collapsing the entry and restricting airflow on a Vivi. It doesn't fit effectively at all in a KPT. It can be made to happen, trust me. Zero airflow. I haven't mic'd the assembly housing wall diameter. I didn't have to. My third purchase came when I forgot they hadn't worked in the Vivi Nova's and was impressed by the repetition of that statement…,"oh, they have replacements at."

So I'm afraid the quest for the Holy Grail of grommets continues Trayce.

Anyway, I hate to see people waste money, energy, time and grief.

You probably have derived my mantra by now…KISS. Complexity may come when one can stand on their own two feet. And I hope to help make that happen for some. I should have been that lucky. Actually I am. I came here and I'm paying' attention in class now.

Just sayin'.

:)

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
Well I have been saying in a few different threads here that heads need to be improved by using a silicone grommet instead of a rubber grommet. Food grade silicone is inert, so even if heated, won't give off noxious, horrible fumes and taste like these yucky rubber grommets in these heads. Also silicone has a high heat tolerance.

I found this interesting writeup on Sun-Vapers site about the PT3 and the elusive silicone grommets you might find interesting…

"Something tells me that silicone grommet is going to cause some issues down the line. The material seems to be slick allowing the coil to move and it does not seem to be compression friendly possibly blocking airflow if someone tightens a mod down too much. I would bet this was the advice of countless shops and it really only benefits the head re-builder not the plug and play vaper."

What is the different between the Protank 3 and the Protank II.Sun-Vapers.com

Good luck all!

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread