Status
Not open for further replies.

CandyTX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Austin, TX, USA
candybeauchamp.com
Picked some up for a roast lovely wife made, had to ask at as it's not easy to find, but think it was near their utensils. I use a #2 sewing needle to wrap it like the OP, tried without it but the coil is too tight and burns thru. You can separate the strands to get whatever thickness you want. I find cotton has a slightly different taste then silica, perhaps cleaner I dunno... But was concerned about silica fragments when examining used wicks under a magnifying glass.

Awesome, thanks for the shove in the right direction. Seriously appreciate it. Saved me from myself :)

Thanks for the tips too. Good to know about dry burning. I would have tried it ;)

FACE MEAT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2013
Costa Mesa, CA
I want that little bitty turtle, it's so cute!!! lol, Well FM, when my stuff comes in you better be round cause I'm gonna be bugging you to bits hehehehehe

Feel free. I'd be happy to help.

Oh and do you like the paper clip or the screw method...somehow that just doesn't sound right lmao

I like the paper clip (I used a sewing needle...same effect) method. I don't like the idea of having to thread silica wick through a pre-coiled wire. I imagine the fiber ends would catch and snag on the wire.

I also like the coil wire to be in direct contact with the silica wick. Gaps between the coil and wick can cause odd flavors and burning e-juice.

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Well, I have 1 Evod and I actually like it...as a backup, I would like to rewick that one as well.

The evod and protank heads are pretty identical so once you get one down you're good on the other :)

I actually use the evod heads in the protank for a tighter draw.

Steve K

ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2012
Philadelphia,Pa
Well, I can see me messing a bunch of them up lmao cause I have no idea what I'm doing but hey...I have an ohm reader roflmao
It literally took me about 10 times before I got one to work,I was going to give up seriously but once I got a good one they rolled from there.I Do a lot of the vivi nova heads and they are a little easier than the Kanger bottom coil ones,Glad I saved all my Nova heads cause its great to create a new one when needed,And seriously Using cotton yarn on those really produce some of the best tastiest vapes from any tank I have.The one I just rebuilt is a vape monster.If you have any vivi heads, practice with them.

Crocky

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2013
North Carolina
It literally took me about 10 times before I got one to work,I was going to give up seriously but once I got a good one they rolled from there.I Do a lot of the vivi nova heads and they are a little easier than the Kanger bottom coil ones,Glad I saved all my Nova heads cause its great to create a new one when needed,And seriously Using cotton yarn on those really produce some of the best tastiest vapes from any tank I have.The one I just rebuilt is a vape monster.If you have any vivi heads, practice with them.

Where is the best place to get cotton wicks/yarn etc that don't have dyes in it. Also is there a certain size you need? Do you replicate the number of cotton wicks in a vivi that uses silica

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread