Kanger Subtank VS Aspire Atlantis

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulc35

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mason,Wv
I started with the Atlantis with those gigantic coils. wonderful at 20 watts, 0.5ohm. Plenty of Taste,Plumes, and longevity. Kanger OCC. Well its a beautiful tank, but that's where the beauty ends. You would be fooled on a short review. You need to use it for a complete day. The rta has dangerous threads that will cut you and again seems good at first, but the trouble on the RTA and OCC is the coil is to small and not enough cotton. After two days the OCCs need replaced VS about a week on the the Atlantis. Just my opinion. YMMV

PaulC35

Bammer555

Verified Member
Dec 13, 2014
Anyone else using the Subtank care to comment on the longevity of the OCC coils? I was planning on buying the Subtank Mini but was under the impression the occ coils might last longer than a couple of days. I'm aware that it's about juice consumption versus days when it it comes to coil life so how many tanks on your occ coils might be a better way to phrase my question?

Bammer555

Verified Member
Dec 13, 2014
Since this is a Kanger Subtank VS Aspire Atlantis thread I have to add, I got my Atlantis 4 weeks ago. My first coil lasted 2 days, the second one lasted about 7. I ordered a 5 pack of coils the first two were good lasting about 7 days each, providing excellent flavor and clouds. The last 3 coils lasted barely 1 day each, burned everyone of them within 1-2 tankfulls.

While this was going on I managed to smoke my last two nautilus BVC coils in short order as well. ...... me off so bad I'm think done with Aspire coils and ready to try the Subtank.

paulc35

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mason,Wv
Anyone else using the Subtank care to comment on the longevity of the OCC coils? I was planning on buying the Subtank Mini but was under the impression the occ coils might last longer than a couple of days. I'm aware that it's about juice consumption versus days when it it comes to coil life so how many tanks on your occ coils might be a better way to phrase my question?

Well I have both. I also have a Nautilus.
It seems the other comment he got a few bad coils. Ive been using the Atlantis since it came out. Same for kanger Subtank. If u have the money to spend buy both. The Subtank intitially seems great but that feeling dies quickly. The vertical coil on the Atlantis is large with plently of wick. It lasts. Now if you don't give it or any other time to absorb juice, or burn it at a very high wattage then yes you can shorten the life. Atlantis between 17-22 watts is all i need. If u run it at 30 or higher shorter life. Your not going to run a subtank OCC at 30 watts. Crap its bad at 20 watts to warm, but get your own and decide. I have both but will not be buying any more parts for subtank

john0821

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2012
Bay Area
I hope to report something when my Subtank Mini arrives. I've used a lot of Kanger tanks in the past, so excited about this one.

My experience with the Atlantis has been nothing but positive. My coils could last for over a week, but I've been switching them out on the weekends. Still on my first pack of replaceable 0.5 heads, but all of them (5) have performed up to standard. I will add the disclaimer that I only use 2 different juices, high VG, in the 26-30w range. I wouldn't call his a huge sample size by any means, but for me at least, things have worked out.

Expecting big things with Kanger too!

I do pre-soak the wicking material just like my cartos a few years ago, so maybe that helps a little.

paulc35

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mason,Wv
I hope to report something when my Subtank Mini arrives. I've used a lot of Kanger tanks in the past, so excited about this one.

My experience with the Atlantis has been nothing but positive. My coils could last for over a week, but I've been switching them out on the weekends. Still on my first pack of replaceable 0.5 heads, but all of them (5) have performed up to standard. I will add the disclaimer that I only use 2 different juices, high VG, in the 26-30w range. I wouldn't call his a huge sample size by any means, but for me at least, things have worked out.

Expecting big things with Kanger too!

I do pre-soak the wicking material just like my cartos a few years ago, so maybe that helps a little.

I to use all kanger tanks and the aspire kg1. The subtank and atlantis are a different game. You will see that the subtank is beautiful and built well. I prefer the Atlantis. Good luck

jwleonhart

Jan 5, 2015
new jersey
The subtank mini is amazing. My best buddy has the Atlantis and hands down the subtank is much more aesthetically pleasing, more options such as the rebuildable core. So far I've been using the .5 ohm occ coil included with it for 2 weeks and it hasn't shown a sight of letting up. I've had to put damn near 75-100ml of juice through this sucker and its performing flawless and all my juices nearly 90% VG.

This thing rocks and I cannot think of a better $36 purchase.

paulc35

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mason,Wv
The subtank mini is amazing. My best buddy has the Atlantis and hands down the subtank is much more aesthetically pleasing, more options such as the rebuildable core. So far I've been using the .5 ohm occ coil included with it for 2 weeks and it hasn't shown a sight of letting up. I've had to put damn near 75-100ml of juice through this sucker and its performing flawless and all my juices nearly 90% VG.

As I said before. There are many opinions, which vary. You will ultimately have to decide for yourself. It ultimately comes down to preference. On the build, beauty, capacity the subtank wins.
YOMV..

Bammer555

Verified Member
Dec 13, 2014

That's encouraging news but it is strange that your able to get two weeks while the op reports 2 days on an OCC coil. Sounds like the OCC coils may suffer the same inconsistent manufacturing as the Aspire coils.

1990FOXBODY

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2013
Bryan, Texas
I have both the Atlantis and the Subtank. I have gotten 2 weeks out the coils on both of them. I use a 80VG/20PG blend of homemade Vanilla Custard. I run the Atlantis at 30 watts and the Subtank at 25 watts on my IPV3. I am currently vaping on the Subtank and the coil is 2 weeks and 3 days old right now.

all_in_ashes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2012
So Cal
I have both Atlantis and Subtank as well...been using Atlantis since December and Subtank since January. Been through about a coil every 1.5 weeks or so 50-60ml. I change them when I feel the flavor is dropping only one has burnt but that was user error.

I'm still on my original .5 coil on Subtank but thats only 30ml or so. Flavor and vapor still close enough to new, I'd be happy to get similar life to the Atlantis.

Which will become tops in my rotations? Probably both...I have 2 Atlantis now and 2 Subtank minis on the way. My biggest gripe with original Subtank? Too darn big and the RBA part is just inconvenient. Mini is better in all ways. Cheers!

paulc35

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mason,Wv
That's encouraging news but it is strange that your able to get two weeks while the op reports 2 days on an OCC coil. Sounds like the OCC coils may suffer the same inconsistent manufacturing as the Aspire coils.

To be fair i have had occ coils that have went more than two days. Vg% will matter, but generalizing i prefer Atlantis.

The RBA that comes with the subtank works its to small. Id rather not switch the tops to use the rba and purchase a more substantial rba like kayfun, etc.
Just my opinion. The OCC is good if i use a higher VG or shall i say useable but ive had mine a while and i prefer the taste of the atlantis. Better build on appearance goes to subtank.

Enjoy

cmangoboogie

ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
buffalo, NY

Does the mini RBA section come pre wicked with a dual coil build?
Saw pictures of the full size and it had a dual coil on it ....in the ad it says there interchangeable so was little confused.
Personally bought 2 atlantis (good but not worth the hype imo)
Subtank seems much more potential

paulc35

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mason,Wv
Does the mini RBA section come pre wicked with a dual coil build?
Saw pictures of the full size and it had a dual coil on it ....in the ad it says there interchangeable so was little confused.
Personally bought 2 atlantis (good but not worth the hype imo)
Subtank seems much more potential

The mini RBA appears to be single coil, but larger and a redesigned housing the uses the same top cap unlike the full size subtank, which requires you to switch out top caps because the occ and rba required different sized rods. Not so on the mini. The OCC is the same

BrentB423

Jan 4, 2015
chattanooga
I have both prefer the subtank. Better flavor and the build quality is better.
Both hve Ben given to the girlfriend now that I have a delta II. It is head and shoulders above the others and has the best build quality I've seen. Threading on it is supurb. Best flavor of the bunch and the airflow is much nicer. Only complaint with it is a whistling on occasion...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread