Status
Not open for further replies.

Croak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2012
Right behind you...
After using the Subtank and the Atlantis, I can't even stand to suck on my nautilus or Nautilus Minis now. Feels like a painfully tight draw at the largest airflow, even though I thought they were .... back in the day with an "airy" draw compared to a lot of the clearo competition of the time. There's also such a huge difference in flavor it's not funny.

Reckoned I'd keep them in rotation to use up my fairly large 12mg juice collection, but instead I've ended up buying 0 nic versions of the same juices or even just plain VG to dilute them down to something I can handle in the sub-ohm tanks.

Lung hits were always what I wanted, it seems.

Reactions: Oregon Linda

VaPreis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
My wife brought me home a Subtank Mini this evening as a surprise. I must say I'm impressed with it's performance. Flavor of the OCC coil is not quite on par with an RTA, but it's pretty darn good. I will throw a build in the RBA head tomorrow to see what that's like. Seems like the airflow through the RBA head is pretty good as well.

Running my favorite NET liquid through the 0.5Ω OCC coil @ 25 Watts and it's vaping nicely.

I am well pleased with this purchase, and it's so darn good looking too. :2cool:

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
My wife brought me home a Subtank Mini this evening as a surprise. I must say I'm impressed with it's performance. Flavor of the OCC coil is not quite on par with an RTA, but it's pretty darn good. I will throw a build in the RBA head tomorrow to see what that's like. Seems like the airflow through the RBA head is pretty good as well.

Running my favorite NET liquid through the 0.5Ω OCC coil @ 25 Watts and it's vaping nicely.

I am well pleased with this purchase, and it's so darn good looking too. :2cool:

Might be a stupid question since the tanks should be identical (aside from capacity, airflow control and I think the insulator?) but how does the Mini's performance compare to the 25mm version? I like the juice capacity of the 25mm but it's just a behemoth and I'd prefer to have something a bit smaller that doesn't require a beauty ring. I'm actually tempted to just go for the Nano because @3ml capacity is probably enough for me since I usually just bring a bottle or two of juice along with me if I'm at work or out somewhere. Refilling is pretty hassle free on these.

VaPreis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Might be a stupid question since the tanks should be identical (aside from capacity, airflow control and I think the insulator?) but how does the Mini's performance compare to the 25mm version? I like the juice capacity of the 25mm but it's just a behemoth and I'd prefer to have something a bit smaller that doesn't require a beauty ring. I'm actually tempted to just go for the Nano because @3ml capacity is probably enough for me since I usually just bring a bottle or two of juice along with me if I'm at work or out somewhere. Refilling is pretty hassle free on these.

I don't own the full size Subtank, so I can't speak from experience, but I would assume the vape experience would be fairly similar using the OCC coils. On it's widest setting the Mini has pretty wide open airflow. More than I care to use. My preference is for the middle setting, the smallest being way to tight. As far as juice capacity, I'm pretty happy with 4.5ml. That's more than most RTA's.

The RBA bases are different so there could be a difference in vape quality there. It appears to me there is only room for a single coil in the Mini, whereas the full size Subtank already comes pre-coiled with dual coils.

The Mini has a big advantage over the full size in terms of the RBA head, in that nothing needs to be changed over on the tank to use it. It just screws in like the OCC head. No need to change the top cap/center tube.

The Nano wasn't an option for me, because it doesn't include an RBA option.

Jazzman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
High Desert, CA

Not a stupid question at all. I have both the mini and the 25mm tanks and the mini is a big improvement. The airflow is now on par with the Atlantis at the largest opening since they used a slot on the mini rather than the 3 holes of the 25mm. If you like an airy draw for lung hitting and more vapor you will prefer the mini (if you use the middle or smallest airhole it will be the same). The bigger difference is the build deck. The mini has what feels like twice the airflow of the 25mm tank build deck. So rather than being restrictive, it feels just as open as the OCC coil. In fact, the build deck is so good on the mini I think if you don't mind building a coil and wicking there is really no reason to buy replacement OCC heads... the build deck is just that good. The mini also has some minor, but good changes like standard drip tips fit properly and flush and don't sit up a bit like the 25mm tank. Also, there is no spring loaded pin to the 510. Some may like the spring, but since the small spring was part of conductivity the solid pin should perform better. Not having to change the top cap between the OCC coil and the build deck is very nice since you don't have to drain juice to do it. So I guess Kanger listened to users complaints on the 25mm tank and fixed the issues most mentioned. Best tank on the market at this point I think. I would definitely recommend the mini over the 25mm tank.

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
I don't own the full size Subtank, so I can't speak from experience, but I would assume the vape experience would be fairly similar using the OCC coils. On it's widest setting the Mini has pretty wide open airflow. More than I care to use. My preference is for the middle setting, the smallest being way to tight. As far as juice capacity, I'm pretty happy with 4.5ml. That's more than most RTA's.

The RBA bases are different so there could be a difference in vape quality there. It appears to me there is only room for a single coil in the Mini, whereas the full size Subtank already comes pre-coiled with dual coils.

The Mini has a big advantage over the full size in terms of the RBA head, in that nothing needs to be changed over on the tank to use it. It just screws in like the OCC head. No need to change the top cap/center tube.

The Nano wasn't an option for me, because it doesn't include an RBA option.

Thanks for the quick reply. Yeah, the 4.5 ml is definitely plenty. I find that I don't use more than around 3ml if I'm working so it would be plenty. And I usually bring bottles or an extra tank just in case. At home, who cares? As to the RBA head, it's a nice perk but I don't know that I'll ever use it. I do have rebuildables but I generally use tanks like this because I don't have to mess with them at all. Fill and vape. Maybe one day I'll throw a build in the RBA head and see what I can do with it.

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
Not a stupid question at all. I have both the mini and the 25mm tanks and the mini is a big improvement. The airflow is now on par with the Atlantis at the largest opening since they used a slot on the mini rather than the 3 holes of the 25mm. If you like an airy draw for lung hitting and more vapor you will prefer the mini (if you use the middle or smallest airhole it will be the same). The bigger difference is the build deck. The mini has what feels like twice the airflow of the 25mm tank build deck. So rather than being restrictive, it feels just as open as the OCC coil. In fact, the build deck is so good on the mini I think if you don't mind building a coil and wicking there is really no reason to buy replacement OCC heads... the build deck is just that good. The mini also has some minor, but good changes like standard drip tips fit properly and flush and don't sit up a bit like the 25mm tank. Also, there is no spring loaded pin to the 510. Some may like the spring, but since the small spring was part of conductivity the solid pin should perform better. Not having to change the top cap between the OCC coil and the build deck is very nice since you don't have to drain juice to do it. So I guess Kanger listened to users complaints on the 25mm tank and fixed the issues most mentioned. Best tank on the market at this point I think. I would definitely recommend the mini over the 25mm tank.

Thanks for the reply as well. The top cap bit is definitely nice if you choose to use the RBA head. I did think it was a strange design decision to construct the tank in a way that you have to unscrew the top cap to use the RBA head. Might've been unavoidable due to the size of the original tank. It's nice that Kanger listened to their consumers and made improvements to the Mini and Nano rather than just making them smaller and sending them out. I easily prefer the Sub Tank to my Atlantis though right now I've got to say that I enjoy Joyetech's Delta II more than either of them. I'm waiting to give the Melo a try and then make a decision on which one I want to buy multiple tanks of. I mess about with rebuilding and enjoy it but sometimes it's nice to just have something as easy these types of tanks.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2014
Arizona, Ecuador
They're going to sell a LOT of these, best one I've bought....I like it better than the full size Kanger sub tank or Atlantis.

Now to find a shop that has more in stock, I noticed their selling like hotcakes. For the price I'd like to get a few more.

Eating my words, found them at My Vapor Store for 35 bucks, bought three more.....:toast:

Jazzman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
High Desert, CA
Thanks for the reply as well. The top cap bit is definitely nice if you choose to use the RBA head. I did think it was a strange design decision to construct the tank in a way that you have to unscrew the top cap to use the RBA head. Might've been unavoidable due to the size of the original tank. It's nice that Kanger listened to their consumers and made improvements to the Mini and Nano rather than just making them smaller and sending them out. I easily prefer the Sub Tank to my Atlantis though right now I've got to say that I enjoy Joyetech's Delta II more than either of them. I'm waiting to give the Melo a try and then make a decision on which one I want to buy multiple tanks of. I mess about with rebuilding and enjoy it but sometimes it's nice to just have something as easy these types of tanks.

The Delta II and the Melo do look nice. I don't have either, so can't comment on them but I'm looking forward to seeing more reviews and maybe picking one of them up to give it a try.

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
The Delta II and the Melo do look nice. I don't have either, so can't comment on them but I'm looking forward to seeing more reviews and maybe picking one of them up to give it a try.

The Delta II is really great. I've vaped it as high as 45W and had no dry hits. Not even a hint of one. The flavor is pretty outstanding, better than the full Sub Tank IMO. Vapor production is pretty nice as well. I've become a bit of an eleaf fanboy which is why I was pretty interested in the Melo but I'm gonna wait for more reviews/comments on it. I'd highly recommend the Delta II.

thefleck

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
CA
Just got my mini from MVS. They have always shipped to me within a day -- I strongly recommend them. Also picked up a 30W iStick. Loving the combo. It's so.....flush!

Looks like it's got the PEEK insulator in the RBA so I'm happy about that. Will have to play around with it tomorrow. Unfortunately the 0.5 ohm atty was either DOA or I didn't prime it well enough, although I felt like I primed it pretty good. I did a major overkill prime of the 1.2ohm coil and it's making clouds now. I kicked my nicotine down to 6 mg because I was getting dizzy at 20 watts after just a puff or two of 18mg's. Oops! :p

The fully open setting has a huge draw, it feels like it's just the drip tip in your mouth. Plenty of range for everyone. I'm liking the 2-holes for lung hits. Flavor is really good. It's definitely a warm, wet vape. My only gripe is that like the other Kanger attys, the design makes it impossible to fill all the way. It won't look empty when you flip it over bc the atty displaces quite a bit of juice, but there's some wasted space in there. Overall though it's a very well designed piece, and super easy to refill. I like how their tanks sit flat upside down when the drip tip is removed, another refill ease.

29zoeue.jpg

Last edited:

medic181075

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2014
Bradford, PA
I kicked my nicotine down to 6 mg because I was getting dizzy at 20 watts after just a puff or two of 18mg's. Oops! :p

I made the same mistake. My Mini is now sitting idle while I wait for some 8 mg juice to arrive. I knew the throat hit was harder, but the light headedness and head ache began within the first 10 minutes of use. Too much nic!

Bammer555

Verified Member
Dec 13, 2014
Just got my mini from MVS. They have always shipped to me within a day -- I strongly recommend them. Also picked up a 30W iStick. Loving the combo. It's so.....flush!

Looks like it's got the PEEK insulator in the RBA so I'm happy about that. Will have to play around with it tomorrow. Unfortunately the 0.5 ohm atty was either DOA or I didn't prime it well enough, although I felt like I primed it pretty good. I did a major overkill prime of the 1.2ohm coil and it's making clouds now. I kicked my nicotine down to 6 mg because I was getting dizzy at 20 watts after just a puff or two of 18mg's. Oops! :p

The fully open setting has a huge draw, it feels like it's just the drip tip in your mouth. Plenty of range for everyone. I'm liking the 2-holes for lung hits. Flavor is really good. It's definitely a warm, wet vape. My only gripe is that like the other Kanger attys, the design makes it impossible to fill all the way. It won't look empty when you flip it over bc the atty displaces quite a bit of juice, but there's some wasted space in there. Overall though it's a very well designed piece, and super easy to refill. I like how their tanks sit flat upside down when the drip tip is removed, another refill ease.

29zoeue.jpg

Whats MVS?

DoomiteAsh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 16, 2014
Amarillo, TX
I was in one of my local B&Ms a couple weeks ago and got to try a full-size Subtank. You have to understand that I have yet to get into rebuilding and have used clearos exclusively. I was pleased with the way the original Subtank vaped and was thinking about getting one. Now I'm sold on the mini! Don't even have to try it in person, I want one of these things! That, and a mod that I can put it to good use on. I'm getting excited about the MVP 3, saw a picture of one for the first time yesterday. This combination looks to be a sexy one if you ask me!

Sent from Doomite Central!

Vapenstein

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2010
27.5w, .5ohm rba build with the included organic cotton, vape is warm, flavor is super crisp and juicy. Seems to work equally well restricted for mouth to lung or wide open for lung hitting, which is a big deal for me as it makes it a solution that covers all the bases. Very happy with my new tank, a great piece of gear for under $40.

Vapenstein

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2010
ok I've been vaping this thing for the last 4 1/2 hours. Settled in at 27.5w as the sweet spot for best flavor. Lunging it, wide open. I will need to use 3mg in this, because I'm feeling 6mg, and as a cigar smoker and snuff taker I shouldn't be feeling any nicotine from vaping.

I remember when Resident Evil first came out. I thought to myself, being a videogame geek since the days of Atari was finally paying off. Crazy, such a great interactive experience.

That's kind of how I feel about the Subtank Mini. I've been vaping for 4+ years on 3.7v mech mods with 1.5 ohm 306 attys. I have suffered through many, many bad vaping days, and I've lived with the shortcomings of my hardware along the way.

The Subtank Mini is giving me flat out the best vaping experience I've ever had. The only downside to this thing is how much juice I'm going to go through. Amazing vapor, satisfying and warm, great throat hit, and it's the same every time I push the button thanks to this newfangled regulated gear. This is the most enthused I've been about vaping since I started and launched my website. Really, really, really happy about the Subtank Mini, the best money I'll ever spend on vape gear.

medic181075

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2014
Bradford, PA
I have never been one for aesthetics. I have always been about function and ease of function. I guess that is why I am posting this. The red o-rings are starting to bother me. Some people don't think this tank is flashy enough. I think it is too flashy. Is there a reason the O-rings are red? Is it a material color, or just for looks? I would much prefer black, grey or white o-rings. Is there a chance that Kanger will eventually release other colored o-rings for the SubTank line?

Reactions: lizziebith
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread