Status
Not open for further replies.

Gahh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Bay Shore LI NY
01.jpg

I saw this at fast tech, but the only You Tube videos I could find about this mod were in foreign languages, and 1/4 of them were short clips showing the problem with it. ( This is what fasttech requires when your purchase is broken and you want to return / exchange it.)
So as you see above, I took the chance and ordered one.
02.jpg

Let me first say that this mod and tank is mini.....

05.jpg

The mod stands 2 1/8" tall... The tank is 1 1/2" tall. Making the overall height , mod & tank 3 5/8"
04.jpg

I purchased the gold one. The instructions, as with most Chinese products are not written well, so the hands on approach is the way to go!!!
07.jpg

Five clicks turns the mod on. There are 3 blue bars which represent the power level. As this picture shows the lowest blue bar lit, this meaning the output is at 40 watts.
08.jpg

Click the fire button 3 times and your at 50 watts. The middle blue bar is lit.
Click the fire button 3 more times and the top blue bar is lit, and its at 60 watts.

Here is my thoughts on this cheap mod......
The mod does work, at least for the last 40 hours of use.
It did come charged but after 70-100 hits I charged it up myself. (The blue lights go from bottom , to middle, to top when charging. The lights go out when fully charged.) It did charge up with no problems and I'm at over a 100 hits and still getting good power.
I tried several different tanks on it and though most were to big for it, they all fired up well, at all the power settings (40-50-60 )....>>>
>Except for one tank that did not work, this tank had an .80 ohm coil. Not sure why, but this mod worked well with .23 to .50 ohm coils and not so good with the higher ohm coils.

So as for the Kang Vape mini KP 60W, I'm giving it 4 STAR.... The button & usb port not being precisely centered was no big deal, especially at the price I paid. When months go by and it's still working, I'll come back here and give it the fifth star.
Now about this miniature tank.....
It seemed to work well for 10 hits but then gave a burnt taste.... I poked the 4 1/8" juice port hole with a thumb tack, ( clear through ) and this fixed it.
I chain vaped the next 25 hits with no problem. (And the tank gets nice flavor & decent cloud production.)

I will find out tomorrow if the hole poking causes leaking, but as of right now, WORKING FINE.
So as for the Kang Vape mini tank, I'm giving it 4 STARS....

I'm not sure I would recommend this to a new vaper as the tank without the modification I made might be a crappy vape experience after 10 hits. And a newbie might not have ideas to make things work better.
NOTE: I will come back in 7 to 10 days with an updated view on this cheap kit.

Gahh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Bay Shore LI NY
Day 2 after poking the juice ports with a thumb tack ,, and not a drop leaked out.
Also to add that these coils give a restricted hit, even though the air vent slots are nicely sized. It's the 2.5 mm coil that causes the restriction...
I have to say for under 15 bucks, this mod and tank are worth it.
$14.46 Kangvape Mini KP Box 60W 1500mAh VW Variable Wattage APV Mod Kit - authentic / 2ml / 0.2/0.5ohm / 1-60W / OLED screen display / heat disspation design at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

• Agree
Reactions: zoiDman

Gahh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Bay Shore LI NY
After 5-7 days of use, this little cheap mod and tank are still working fine.
The 2ml tank last for most of the charge, which isn't to bad.
The flavor from this tank is pretty good. ( When I re-build this coil I will find out how it handles a re-built coil. The cheap smok style pens have not worked with any coil I build, no matter what wire I use. But they worked well with the .2ohm notch coils. This tank cant fit the 5mm notch coils so we will see in a couple of weeks.)

I noticed that when I ramp up the watts to 60, it tends to shorten the charge time dramatically. But the tank / coil can handle the full 60watts.
As I stated before, the draw is just a bit restricted, which is ok by me - specially as a switch up from my Wotofo Sapor RTA's wide open hit.
I have been using it as my vape for when I'm on the PC.

Gahh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Bay Shore LI NY
Nearly 2 week and 15 tank fill ups through this KP tank now and the flavor is lacking that clean / fresh hit taste.
Nowhere can I find a replacement coil for this tank.
So I carefully removed the coil. Unwrapped the blackened cotton. Torched the NR-R-NR wire that they used. Re-wrapped the wire on a 3.5mm jig. Wrapped the cotton round coil and carefully slid back into coil housing. ( This coil housing allows the juice ports to be in direct contact with the new cotton. No thin cotton sheet between the cotton wrapped coil and the inner side of the coil housing.)
I cut off about 3/4" of excess wire when the re-build was finished. The coil measures 0.215 ohm on my Smok Alien.
Works great. has that fresh taste that you get from a new coil.
NOTE: Amazingly, this cheap / tiny tank has not leaked at all.

Reactions: zoiDman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread