Kat’s Kalamari Klub (Squid Industries Mods)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
I have a happy update, especially for the very gracious DP and Kat who offed to help with my swag. Best friend of youngest happened to come by with her. She’s a mech only user, but works in a vape shop. Pressed mode and up at the same time, rolled her eyes and said, “Here, fixed it.” Sure enough, it’s locked in. Nothing like being shown up by a “kid” in their mid 20’s :blush:. Still on the fence about them, love the weight and size, but the hit in wattage is nothing like the DB. Do y’all use yours in tc only?

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
Not impressed with vaporesso, but I love the mod minus its mechanics. May still replace the mods with something else small, or send them away. I thought fixing the lock issue would save the marriage, but meh. Maybe just give up and use the DB as my boat mod. It’s not that heavy or too big, except I’d cry buckets if it went into the bayou

Last edited:

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Oh hit o' cat. No no no, sweetie. We are here in a

upload_2018-3-14_13-25-53.jpeg

and the best wishes and amazement was far from barbed!

DPL is korrect, and Ms. KitKat doth agree!

WOWZERS still komes to mind, dear one!

I have a happy update, especially for the very gracious DP and Kat who offed to help with my swag. Best friend of youngest happened to come by with her. She’s a mech only user, but works in a vape shop. Pressed mode and up at the same time, rolled her eyes and said, “Here, fixed it.” Sure enough, it’s locked in. Nothing like being shown up by a “kid” in their mid 20’s :blush:. Still on the fence about them, love the weight and size, but the hit in wattage is nothing like the DB. Do y’all use yours in tc only?

Glad to be happy with ya, and your update Mel! That's awesome! But does this mean you're cancelling our "date"? :lol:

I don't use mine in TC. I don't use ANY device in TC. I'm a TC-ist. ;)

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
Oh hit o' cat. No no no, sweetie. We are here in a

View attachment 729279

and the best wishes and amazement was far from barbed!

DPL is korrect, and Ms. KitKat doth agree!

WOWZERS still komes to mind, dear one!

Glad to be happy with ya, and your update Mel! That's awesome! But does this mean you're cancelling our "date"? :lol:

I don't use mine in TC. I don't use ANY device in TC. I'm a TC-ist. ;)
Agree about TC... I’d never cancel on you, I think this counts more as letting you off the hook!

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
Dammit Ya'll! :unsure:
Ya got me feelin' ashamed & guilty now with ya cutesy little pics and barbed "best-wishes" :(

Not even gonna mention the plethora of soft, smooth, aromatic, lustrous and supple Jackets, Gloves, and even a Vest & a Doo-Rag or 2 in the Hit-Closet.... :sneaky:
remnants from my wilder & Thuggery Biker'ish days (and NO! NOT the YMCA kind either :nah:) that an No-Count Beat-Down Worn-Out Old Man dusts off and dons every now and then when feelin' a might "Froggy" :D

and I'm wearing one today so, Best watch ur Ace ;)
oh so BAAAAAAA-D :lol:
and NO, NOT the Michael Jackson kinda Bad neither dagnabit!
The George Thorogood kind :thumb:
Yeah,,, thass'Rite. You know it. Bad. Cha'mon

GUILTY? Oh, no no no. You should know better by now to take US seriously.

ON a serious note though, I think it's absolutely AWESOME work, and I happen to know that Ms. KitKat agrees. I do dig me some holsters.

(Just not for me mods)

:tumble:

:D

To da bone, baybee. To da bone. :headbang:

Until I read DPL's post I was not sure what this was about. :?: I like holsters for mods and that is a nice one, after your post about the guy. I searched about him and found him in several sites, and bookmarked them. He makes some nice stuff. I have to be honest though, from the pictures the holster looks a bit big. :unsure: I have a serenity gear holster for my billet box, and it is a no frills holster, as small it could be made and I love it. I only wear it to work, and anything to big would just be a problem, I also carry a leatherman and a cell phone, so for me it needs to be as small as possible. I could be completely wrong, and the pictures just make it look big.:unsure: If I ever get some hours at work, I would look into having something made by him. :)

KAS

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
the hit in wattage is nothing like the DB. Do y’all use yours in tc only?

Vape in WHAT? ;) :D

"Nope."

I find the SWAG chip to to be similar to most of my other regulated mods, outside of the older, REALLY BAD ones. Compared to the DB though, no comparison. In fact, there are only three mods (DB inclusive) in my own personal category of equivalent "smoothness", all on the same plane.

1. DB
  2. Billet Box Rev3
  3. EPM
The first two are pretty much identical in chip design (which makes sense), and the 3rd is a freak of nature.

I don't compare things to those, because everything loses (for me). But I still do enjoy other stuff, a LOT, and I'm good with the SWAG.

That's not to say you're wrong, or that I'm right, because there is no such thing. If your taste buds don't like something, you should do exactly what I do in such cases. OUT it goes! :thumb:

Thankfully, we all have plenty to choose from (today). We ARE the lucky ones. Twenty years from now, there may be nothing left but pod-mods (not that there's anything wrong with that...). ;) :|

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
Vape in WHAT? ;) :D

"Nope."

I find the SWAG chip to to be similar to most of my other regulated mods, outside of the older, REALLY BAD ones. Compared to the DB though, no comparison. In fact, there are only three mods (DB inclusive) in my own personal category of equivalent "smoothness", all on the same plane.

1. DB
  2. Billet Box Rev3
  3. EPM
The first two are pretty much identical in chip design (which makes sense), and the 3rd is a freak of nature.

I don't compare things to those, because everything loses (for me). But I still do enjoy other stuff, a LOT, and I'm good with the SWAG.

That's not to say you're wrong, or that I'm right, because there is no such thing. If your taste buds don't like something, you should do exactly what I do in such cases. OUT it goes! :thumb:

Thankfully, we all have plenty to choose from (today). We ARE the lucky ones. Twenty years from now, there may be nothing left but pod-mods (not that there's anything wrong with that...). ;) :|

Don’t be hating on me DP ;).. To me, same tanks, same coils, same juice...there’s a definite difference between the swag and my DB’s, sx mini, provaris or even the steampunk. It’s not bad, just not as smooth on uptake with this particular setup . I guess squid spoiled me. It’s been a dream with whatever I put on it. I’d put the swag above the Pico, or al85....both which I’ve used as rough duty mods, and used without complaints. I’ve been running the swag all evening with different tanks and coils. Sometimes a mod just works better with something different. I had a baby beast on her before and liked that, but I think one of my kiddos walked with it. (They think I’m an unlicensed vape store apparently :lol:.) I’ve been stuck in bed with a bad back, and I prematurely spoke out of crankiness. And, heaven help us if the day comes when there’s nothing but pod mods. At least we’ll all have a closet full of backups when the time comes! But that’ll still be better than ten years ago when all we had were cigalikes and thought egos were a revolutionary invention lol!

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Don’t be hating on me DP ;)..

Not at ALL, Ms. Mel from NOLA.

We actually have the SWAG placed at the exact same level, slightly about eLeaf, but slightly below the top line stuff. For me, it's a purpose mod (short-term carry), and it serves me well. For anything more than a dog walk or QUICK trip out, my JACs or Xvos win every time.

We are nothing if not spoiled. :cool: :toast:

Hitcat44

mere Pawn in Game of Life
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2015
Ft. Vape-WKY
Kas,,,, It has "Substance" but far from "Big". IMO (all things considered and weighed), it's "Baby Bear",,, Just Right.
I've had smaller Form Leather Holsters from several Sources including one for my Orig. Vapor Flask from Vegas Bindery (a fine Leathersmith in his own right) that were very Form-Fitting and minimalist. Over time and use, they do not hold their Shape and they stretch, curl, fold, etc... Also smaller form tends to lead to less longevity in the Stitching. Again, IMO, not long-term viable considering the Cost and the intended Purpose.
DBL provides the best overall in the majority of Facets to be considered regarding a Vape Holster. To me (as Kat and DPL say) it "Checks All the Boxes" or damn near All.
My 2 cents and your mileage may vary and as always,,, That's Cool Too :thumb:

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
Not at ALL, Ms. Mel from NOLA.

We actually have the SWAG placed at the exact same level, slightly about eLeaf, but slightly below the top line stuff. For me, it's a purpose mod (short-term carry), and it serves me well. For anything more than a dog walk or QUICK trip out, my JACs or Xvos win every time.

We are nothing if not spoiled. :cool: :toast:

I call them boat mods. Hubs thinks that’s funny. But, I’m not taking anything on the boat that would ruin the day if it got lost/wet. Considering he’s left three smart phones and two pairs of Costas on the bottom of the marsh, he should find my “thrift” admirable :lol:. Another mod I’d put on that list is the wismec sinuous p80. About as light as the swag ,with a side fire bar. Screen is BIG, as in, I can read it without reading glasses :w00t: . Height with tank, compared to DB, about 1/3” shorter,same for width. Tops out at 80w. Easy menu system. It’s got a good response time, and vape is smooth. They’re running $25-30ish. Worth considering for a runaround, or for someone who likes a smaller size mod . The son in laws who both sub ohm like to use it when they’re here. I may buy a couple more while they’re cheap and available to put in the loaner/backup drawer.

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
Kas,,,, It has "Substance" but far from "Big". IMO (all things considered and weighed), it's "Baby Bear",,, Just Right.
I've had smaller Form Leather Holsters from several Sources including one for my Orig. Vapor Flask from Vegas Bindery (a fine Leathersmith in his own right) that were very Form-Fitting and minimalist. Over time and use, they do not hold their Shape and they stretch, curl, fold, etc... Also smaller form tends to lead to less longevity in the Stitching. Again, IMO, not long-term viable considering the Cost and the intended Purpose.
DBL provides the best overall in the majority of Facets to be considered regarding a Vape Holster. To me (as Kat and DPL say) it "Checks All the Boxes" or damn near All.
My 2 cents and your mileage may vary and as always,,, That's Cool Too :thumb:

I know that this is the squidy thread and if you guys want me to remove this I will. :unsure: I found that I still had the original pic from serenity gear of the holster that I have. I have been using this for about 2 years now aprox 5 days / week. This is what I meant by a simple basic design, but still made from a thick sturdy leather, mine has been beat up a bit, but still works fine. Something like this for the squid DBL barrel would be fine for me. :|

fKZk2yv.jpg

:)
KAS

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
I know that this is the squidy thread and if you guys want me to remove this I will. :unsure: I found that I still had the original pic from serenity gear of the holster that I have. I have been using this for about 2 years now aprox 5 days / week. This is what I meant by a simple basic design, but still made from a thick sturdy leather, mine has been beat up a bit, but still works fine. Something like this for the squid DBL barrel would be fine for me. :|

fKZk2yv.jpg

:)
KAS
Looks suspiciously like a tool holster my dad had for a circuit tester or something. The tool was about the size of a DB plus a smidge. Has anyone checked harbor freight or one of those places?

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
Looks suspiciously like a tool holster my dad had for a circuit tester or something. The tool was about the size of a DB plus a smidge. Has anyone checked harbor freight or one of those places?

I look for holsters every time I am in any place that has tools, mostly all I have ever found is cheep nylon ones. I am in no rush to find one. I just wanted to show what I was talking about, I would also like a few leather sleeves, like the silicone ones just in leather. :|

KAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread