Kayfun Lite Plus - Ehpro - Some Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
First Issue: This model has two Air Flow Control screws on the bottom. I like them both wide open, almost flush with the base. Problem is, they loosen even more during a day of vaping -- and then the tank almost gets stuck in the 510 connection (this happened on an MVP). Had to use much force to unscrew it, and one of the air screws got a little chewed up. Still screws back in, but a little rough.

The screw may have gotten caught on that beauty sleeve the MVP comes with -- just this second I realized that. Maybe solution is just to leave that off, but it looks a little crappy without it, and it does add some stability to the tank when it's on. Still, I don't want to loose those little screws either way.

Is there anything that can keep the screws from getting loose and causing the tank to get stuck on the mod? I took one screw out entirely, and it vaped fine. After a rebuild, I tried taking them both out and encountered some leaking. I'm still new with this tank so it might have been my build when it leaked. :confused: Anyone leave out both screws without any problems?

Second Issue: Think I saw on fasttech a top cap for the Kayfun with a fill hole. This might be good for me, as my juice is VG-thick and filling through that narrow bottom-fill screw hole is impossible. (Why don't they make those damn fill holes larger???) The top-fill method works but is a bit inconvenient and messy.

Question here is, anyone know how good it is? Will that fasttech fill-cap fit this model? Know anywhere else I can get a Kayfun top-fill cap other than Fasttech from a US vendor?

Otherwise, I'm pretty happy with this tank. Draw is a little tight even with full air flow, so I may drill out the center tube under the coil, but I just got it and don't want to ruin it. :ohmy: Once it's set up well, it vapes great. Big, cool, tasty hits.

Thanks for the help and replies. Any other tips or info is much appreciated. :) If you're ever on the moon, stop in and we'll vape ourselves an atmosphere.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
I had an air screw on an authentic get caught on the MVP's 510, but it hasn't happened to me yet with my EHPro. Maybe a sliver of teflon tape on the screw threads would keep them from turning.

I have a FT top fill cap on one of mine. Not sure the openings are much larger than the bottom fill port. It does fit perfectly on my EHPro. I do take the top piece off completely since the openings for the bottom part of it are bigger. It works the same as top filling with the regular top cap. Hold your airholes closed. Take off top most part of the top cap. Fill. Screw on top part of top cap. Flip upside down and let go of airholes.

I did learn you can no longer bottom fill with that top fill cap on it :D

MattyTny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
New York
I use a ehpro KFL with dual airflow control on my MVP2. I find that I like a more open draw, but like you said you can't have the screws sit flush to the bottom of the atomizer because they have the potential to come in contact with the beauty ring. I back them out flush, then screw them in a tad, they haven't really come out on me like you are mentioning. If you feel they are loose and have the potential to back themselves out, maybe try the additional screws, I think the kit came with two extra, but I could be wrong.

If you take out the screws it shouldn't leak on you, you'll just have air coming in from the bottom and the sides. I use a small nozzle tip to bottom fill, I fill slowly trying not to put too much pressure into the tank. Filling has the potential to cause a leak, if it does leak you can invert the KFL, blow through the drip tip and catch any liquid that may come out of the air holes on a paper towel whiles it's upside down. Sometimes wicking can cause a flood too.

UncleChuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Portland
You can take a very very small scrap of cotton (pad works a little easier) and jam it the threads on the base right as you screw the airflow screw in. This will add some friction in the threads without totally seizing the screws up, just make sure the piece is small enough to not extend into the air path and cause any issues.

You could also file down the screws a bit so that you are at your desired airflow with the screws screwed in further.

heyilikethis

Jun 21, 2014
pittsburgh
ya ide try vaping without the screws and first determine whether them in and all the way open or totally out makes a difference to your personal style of vape, if not then go without em, i have an older version eh pro kfl+ but i just leave the afc out, cant imagine it is going to effect the vape quality in a meaningful way but i could be wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread