Status
Not open for further replies.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
I am new to this tank so just wanted to know what mix of PG/VG users have found that wicks best with cotton wick for this tank. I usually do a higher PG but can go 50/50 if this tanks likes that best for no leaking etc. Just thought I'd ask before using it. Thanks!
I used 70% VG in mine.

My Kayfun Mini V3 leaked. Had to close Juice flow at night or there was a small puddle of Juice the next morning.

Reactions: bnrkwest

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
I used 70% VG in mine.

My Kayfun Mini V3 leaked. Had to close Juice flow at night or there was a small puddle of Juice the next morning.
Thanks good to know, I have heard of some leaking issues, I was thinking maybe silicone tank bands would help over those holes?

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Thanks good to know, I have heard of some leaking issues, I was thinking maybe silicone tank bands would help over those holes?
Every darn top fill Tank has PEED on me.

Tge O rings at tge drip tip are very weak and air can get between the top and chimney.

I have thought of putting fatter O rings On the tip or changing the tip entirely. Don't think it will happen soon. Packing up to move.

BuGlen

Divergent
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Tampa, Florida
All my liquids are 60% VG, and I have yet to have any issues with leaking. Make sure you leave enough of the wick to reach the bottom of the juice wells, and fluff them out after you tuck them in. I use the tip of my tweezers to fan out the wick in the wells so that they fill the entire well, with only a minimal gap next to the side opening. I also peel off the top and bottom condensed layers of the KGD cotton so what's left is very fibrous and just a little hairy.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
All my liquids are 60% VG, and I have yet to have any issues with leaking. Make sure you leave enough of the wick to reach the bottom of the juice wells, and fluff them out after you tuck them in. I use the tip of my tweezers to fan out the wick in the wells so that they fill the entire well, with only a minimal gap next to the side opening. I also peel off the top and bottom condensed layers of the KGD cotton so what's left is very fibrous and just a little hairy.
Thanks, have you tried rayon in These? I have both just wondering :)

Reactions: BuGlen

BuGlen

Divergent
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Tampa, Florida
Thanks, have you tried rayon in These? I have both just wondering :)

Not yet. I've only just started using RBAs a few months ago as I was a carto-tank and Nautilus guy until the FDA made me rethink my strategy (thanks FDA, NOT!). I've only been building with KGD cotton so far, but I'm sure I'll try other wicking materials in the future. For now, I'm more than sated with my current simple builds with 28g Kanthal, 2.5mm, 8 wraps @ 1.5Ω. :)

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
Not yet. I've only just started using RBAs a few months ago as I was a carto-tank and Nautilus guy until the FDA made me rethink my strategy (thanks FDA, NOT!). I've only been building with KGD cotton so far, but I'm sure I'll try other wicking materials in the future. For now, I'm more than sated with my current simple builds with 28g Kanthal, 2.5mm, 8 wraps @ 1.5Ω. :)
I am new to all this rebuild stuff too :) I was using Cartos and CE16 in May them bam FDA forced me buy all this new stuff! LOL But now it looks like fun :) Your build is the same I am after too.

BuGlen

Divergent
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Tampa, Florida
I am new to all this rebuild stuff too :) I was using Cartos and CE16 in May them bam FDA forced me buy all this new stuff! LOL But now it looks like fun :) Your build is the same I am after too.

So far, it has been really fun. I got the K5 in early June (my first RBA), along with a Coil Master tool kit, Kanthal wire of different guages, KDG cotton, and a magnifying lamp. After the first couple of builds on the K5, I got the mini V3. Then I got one more of each, and I'll probably get another set before the end of the year.

I would say that I've made lemonade out of lemons, but then the FDA would probably deem lemons as a tobacco product and me a manufacturer. :D

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
So far, it has been really fun. I got the K5 in early June (my first RBA), along with a Coil Master tool kit, Kanthal wire of different guages, KDG cotton, and a magnifying lamp. After the first couple of builds on the K5, I got the mini V3. Then I got one more of each, and I'll probably get another set before the end of the year.

I would say that I've made lemonade out of lemons, but then the FDA would probably deem lemons as a tobacco product and me a manufacturer. :D
Sounds like you are set :) I bought a bunch of Kayfun Lite Plus and V3's but also got others for an assortment to try too :) I have to start doing the rebuild practice now. Ah yes Lemonade, that is how I handled stocking up, was so much buying a bunch of new stuff :) I am set, now to vape some Lemonade LOL

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Sounds like you are set :) I bought a bunch of Kayfun Lite Plus and V3's but also got others for an assortment to try too :) I have to start doing the rebuild practice now. Ah yes Lemonade, that is how I handled stocking up, was so much buying a bunch of new stuff :) I am set, now to vape some Lemonade LOL

I prefer tge lite plus to the Mini V3. Easier to build easier to wick, and no leaks.

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
Is there an issue wicking 90% vg? I was under the impression the new mini wicked anything well. I bake drip juice so if not. I have to skip it.

I have an ehpro lite plus which had the dual air holes - why I bought it. I wouldn't want less airflow or worse wicking. Her. The juice Jamel's are tiny and it wicks thick juice so so.

For you lot new tk rebuilding let me point s couple things out hat a lot of seasoned vapers get wrong. And took me a while to figure out.

First. A microcoil is 1.5mm or less. If it's bigger than that based on inner diameter but touched it's a contact coil.

Spaced coils often work way better than contact coils. They can greatly increase density. Flavor. And even wicking.

29 gauge wire is far superior to 28 in kanthal imo. If you're building with 28. Try it. 6 wrap lightly spaced coil with 2mm ID (inner diameter) is fantastic in most things.

The larger he coil typically the less flavor. That's a sweeping statement but more true than not.

Overheating or fast burning coils can reduce or ruin flavor too. That's another reason spaced works well.

If you have s coil master type wrap tool. And you're doing 6 wraps. Wrap 8 times. Then pull the end out to space gently. Push it back together and it should be perfect. Flip the coil around on the bar and pull on the outside keg to unravel your first two wraps. This gets rid of poor wraps and leaves pristine wraps with spacing.

If you have issues wicking any device. Google the pancake wicking method. It fixes almost any tanks wicking issues.

Lightening vapes has a new wire for mouth to lung (vapers who vape like you smoke as opposed to lung hits like from s ....) its 28 core wire with 36 gauge wrap. Most Clapton wire absolutely stinks for mouth to lung (mtl) vaping. This is obscenely good. You can dry burn t well too so you don't have to rebuild much. Lasts forever. Flavor and density are insane. And it's really thin. So no issues capturing leads. If you want a link let me know. THis is the correct selection

9c0a09cb737f502dba3a0388269ba6c5.jpg

They also have a wire like his for temp control. It's stainless fire with xs thank wrap. Which allows stainless contact coil without hot spots.

c2bdd9342c0f8958fc903ea6daf0b983.jpg

You can get 29 gauge kanthal there too. Coupon code OHMSWEETOHM

I have more tips but this is getting long. Spaced coils. That wire. 2mm inner diameter. All things hat will explode flavor. I'm also a fan of the native wicks platinum blend they sell I've tried about fifty wick materials. It's my favorite. Bt that's subjective.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread