Keeping coils tasting fresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegioX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2011
New York
I routinely run into the problem where a coil tastes great for the first day and then flavor drops off immensely. I use 32 gauge wire wrapped around xc-116 ceramic wick in a Hornet on my Reos, which actually works way better then silica wick.

Are there any tricks here? Is there a good way to clean out the wire/wick without rebuilding it? Like a dryburn + rinse combo of some sort? I find myself rebuilding my coils almost daily just because I want the fresh flavor back. As far as I can tell there are no hot spots or burning problems. It happens on all juices for me.

hildicat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2011
SoCal
I've never tried the ceramic wick so I can't really comment specifically. What works for me is a cotton wick with a pre-wound 30g coil. I say 30g because it holds its shape better than 32, therefore I can easily remove the cotton wick when it starts to taste bad, give the coil a good dry burn, then insert a new wick. THe whole process takes me about 5 minutes to complete. Depending on the juice my wicks stay fresh anywhere from 2 to seven days.

LegioX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2011
New York
I've never tried the ceramic wick so I can't really comment specifically. What works for me is a cotton wick with a pre-wound 30g coil. I say 30g because it holds its shape better than 32, therefore I can easily remove the cotton wick when it starts to taste bad, give the coil a good dry burn, then insert a new wick. THe whole process takes me about 5 minutes to complete. Depending on the juice my wicks stay fresh anywhere from 2 to seven days.

I like this idea of removing the wick and leaving the coil. I tried it once but was a bit frustrating. You are right about the 30g being easier to do it with though. Can't really do this with the ceramic because of its frilly shape I think, but I have some bamboo I might try that with..

LarryPer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2012
San Diego CA
I was going to ask the same question
I am new to rba
I am using a lot of dark juice like coffee and it clogs easily
I read on this Australian forum (AussieVapers | The original Australian e-cigarette community) and many were saying they rinse every day with hot water.
But they drive on the wrong side of the road also

I guess the wick has to be loose to slide it out of the wire

Plaz

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2013
Churzee
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread