KGO or E-power 14650 ????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

kkoger

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton ohio , USA
I am on the fence as to which I should get for my next PV. A KGO or the E-power 14650 . I have a Joye EGO 650 now, and I like it. But I want a backup. I have watched a lot of video reviews and they all recommend each one as good . I can afford only one of them. Anyone have any information that will tip the scales one way or the other? Thanks for your wisdom.

madjack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2011
Central Louisiana
I've only used the Rivas but, if I were looking to replace, I would seriously consider the E-Power for the fact, the batts are in the 5bux orso range to replace Vs 12+ for the eGos/etc and they have nearly twice the power...all other pieces of the E-Power are replaceable as well...makes for a powerful argument in its favor................
madjack:2cool:

neither.
Save your money, truck with the eGo's-
put saved money towards a Variable Voltage Mod.
wish i had done that instead of ordering an E-power.
You wanted the more voltage? VV has it.

If you want a backup-just buy a Riva battery from Liberty Flights.
cheaper than a whole new kit.

just my 2 cents.

chiwalker

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2011
youngstown ohio
Go with the E-Power 14650, I got my buddy started on vaping with one, the batts are cheaper and last longer even for a heavy vaper like me. Also when you order it, get a spare switch, a backup never hurts.

yeah,I have 2 e powers that are sitting here because I'm tired of buying replacement switches. currently down to one that works when it wants to...the switch that is. Does anyone know when they plan to get them right and/or improve them? Mad vapes has 0 preplacement switches, and Vapor Junction, where I bought both of them,is down to 3. Does this tell you anything? But I will say,they vape great when the switch works.

Last edited:

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
yeah,I have 2 e powers that are sitting here because I'm tired of buying replacement switches. currently down to one that works when it wants to...the switch that is. Does anyone know when they plan to get them right and/or improve them? Mad vapes has 0 preplacement switches, and Vapor Station, where I bought both of them,is down to 3. Does this tell you anything? But I will say,they vape great when the switch works.

I'm glad you posted. I've run across some threads that indicated some people were having problems but yours is the first direct report I've run across. What follows is my thinking only, as I don't know all the details, but I do know that any factory produced items can have bad runs. Hopefully, it's caught before it reaches the consumer, but with our china supply, it seems that quality control isn't applied as much as it should be.

Enter the vendor. In my opinion your vendor should be taking better care of you. For example, I know that smok tech had a bad run of cartos, with the thread being so distorted they wouldn't screw on. Of the cases I read about the vendors replaced them.

If I were in your shoes, I would most certainly be asking the vendor for some help. If they have a forum here on the ecf, I suggest posting in their forum if you havn't already done so. Good luck and I hope you get it sorted.

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
.... Anyone have any information that will tip the scales one way or the other? .....

What cartos/attys you plan on using might have a bearing, I'm not sure. I'm thinking that brent at hoosierecigsupply uses and recommends the kgo. He carries both units and seems to be a good vendor-why not drop him an e-mail and get his thoughts on it?

Fwiw, I've had my 41650 e-power for several months with no problems. I rotate it some with my ego's, and lately with a 5vpt since I got it fixed, but most of the use over that period of time was the e-power. I haven't used lr on it a lot, but I have some, including about four days straight with a 1.5 ohm dc. I'm very happy with mine, but evidently I got a good one.

chiwalker

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2011
youngstown ohio
Apologies...the vendor was Vapor Junction,and they replaced the first switch,which lasted about three weeks. I bought the second unit when they had a sale mid summer, and that switch died not long after, so I basically gave up and went back to my egos, then went back to the e power,using the switch that worked off and on. The vendor has been fair,I just hate to keep complaining about something that may be the manufactorer's fault. Problem is, I need more push to stay off analogues, and the egos aren't it,and I hate to invest in something more exspensive and have more problems.

chiwalker

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2011
youngstown ohio
see, my button still works on my E-power, just barely-its almost completely recessed into the button housing...which, btw, my fav, is almost completely brown colored because the cheap aluminum(or silver paint) they coated it has rubbed off...

At least it's working...my two non working switches blink off and on twice,then go out,like they're shorted out. The one that works when it wants to works for a while, then u push the button and it stays on and won't go off at all-you have to unscrew the unit...see what the problem is...

thats exactly why i can't understand why so many people are still suggesting and supporting the E-Power...with so much mystery(is it regulated, etc)-and such cheap design...
there are better options for a "true" 3.7 volt vape experience.
When i got my E-power i immediately starting looking over shops and seeing their empty stock on replacement buttons..seems something is wrong when a customers first response is to check on a replacement part for the product.
Also..the cheap design...
also, i got mine from Liberty Flights...and it doesn't say E-power on the tube like i have seen on some peoples...wtf?

Sorry you are having so many problems with yours chiwalker...
I really do try to steer people away from the E-power now...but there is always someone coming on saying that they are a good unit...
To each his own.

kkoger

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton ohio , USA
yeah,I have 2 e powers that are sitting here because I'm tired of buying replacement switches. currently down to one that works when it wants to...the switch that is. Does anyone know when they plan to get them right and/or improve them? Mad vapes has 0 preplacement switches, and Vapor Junction, where I bought both of them,is down to 3. Does this tell you anything? But I will say,they vape great when the switch works.

What model do you have? I heard the 18650 has switch proplems, so I was interested in the 14650. But not if they have troubles too.

exodus454

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2011
Western Connecticut
Honestly, I just got my e-power about 3 weeks ago and it's really not all that much better than my big ego batteries. They last about the same, and I don't notice too much difference between 3.2ish volts and 3.7v. I've never had a single problem with any of my ego batteries, but I've had terrible luck with the 14650's. One out of two that came with it still works and the one I bought from madvapes was defective. The charger is pretty terrible too, it requires a bit of fiddling to get the battery to start charging. The threads on the e-power aren't great either.

It also kinda pisses me off that with 3 weeks of use the silver coating is coming off the switch already. I've used my ego batteries as bottle openers and they still look like new after almost 4 months.

If it were me, I'd get a riva 1000 kit. Best of both worlds from stuff I've tried personally. I'd rather give up the interchangeability for something that requires less screwing around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread