Killer 705 atty

Status
Not open for further replies.

feelinggood

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I've that problem too...
a) If I get the +ve pin to contact my Mod's 510 - there's no wicking - Zero juice up the tube.
b) If I open the juice control slightly and find a balance between the contact and opening for juice - still no wicking.
c) If I open it enough to wick (yes it does wick properly then) - No (or erratic) contact.
d) And in any case it vapes like ..... Zero Flavor. Tons of Vapor but No Taste and No TH either.

After some months using the killer I went back to some cartomizers I had left and vapor and throat hit exceeds by much the killer, which no so long ago I thought it was superb, also flavor is more accentuated. And now with the almost constant leaking I think I will reserve my killer for when I am out of cartomizers. Also I used to build my killer at 1.4 ohms as some recommended for better vaping experience. My cartomizers are 3 ohms and perform much better. Maybe I haven't figured out the right way to build it, I find I don't have the patience to tinker for hours with it.

Last edited:

Kn0ttYFive

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2013
Releaser of the KRAKEN
I've been using the Killer 705 in my Zen2 Carto Tank. (Standard size tank 22mm) The Killer actually fits perfect in this device.
*Using the pre-made wick/coil(s) 2.0 ohms LR.

This seems to work the best, with no leaking.
I open the juice control to the halfway open position to fill the tank. (this allows airflow and prevents premature vapor lock)
*The very top of the Killer is tall enough to fit inside the actual top cap, which allows me to adjust the juice control with a turn of the top cap.

Once the tank is full (about 1/8' from the top), I turn the juice control to the simi closed position.
- I place the top cap with the o-rings sitting right on top of the tank to prevent leaking.
- I turn the device upside down and push the top cap in to force the juice up the Killer tube.
- With the device right side up, I then place 3-4 drops of juice in the top cap opening, and let the device sit for about 5 mins.
- I then place the drip tip on the device, to trap the air and vapor lock the device.
- I take a few pulls (while pressing the power button) to get the juice circulating.

If I stop vaping for a while and let the device settle, I will have restart the juice to circulating.
If that happens, I can do one of two things.
*(do not take the top cap off for this)
- 1. I take the drip tip off and blow down the the top cap hole (to release the vapor lock), and turn the device upside down, then right side up. (this forces the juice up the Killer tube)
I then put the drip tip back on and take a couple of pulls. This can also be done without taking the drip tip off ( if the device has not fully settled)
or

- 2. I twist the top cap to open the juice control just a little bit, and take a few pulls. Once I hear a gurgle, I then twist the top cap to put the juice control back in the simi closed position.
and vape on.

h2o-front-albums-current-picture247683-zenesis-2-carto-tank-18350-gunmetal-tube-custom-carbon-fiber-drip-tip-using-killer-705.jpg

Kn0ttYFive

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2013
Releaser of the KRAKEN
hi. what is your experience using the killer without no-resistance wire?

Hi, I have not tried no-resistance wire with the K-705; but have heard good things about using it with the k-705.
One of the benefits of NR-R is that the atty won't heat up as much, which will reduce the baking of juice if you like to chain vape.

pre made resistance - no resistance wires

Last edited:

feelinggood

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hi, I have not tried no-resistance wire with the K-705; but have heard good things about using it with the k-705.
One of the benefits of NR-R is that the atty won't heat up as much, which will reduce the baking of juice if you like to chain vape.

pre made resistance - no resistance wires

Thanks for the link, I was looking for something like that as I don't have a welder. I hope the length is right for the killer because the ceramic cup is so tiny and it may not fit, some of the reviewers mentioned it was great for the Ithaka.

nelsonm64

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2013
Kelowna, B.C.
Thanks for the link, I was looking for something like that as I don't have a welder. I hope the length is right for the killer because the ceramic cup is so tiny and it may not fit, some of the reviewers mentioned it was great for the Ithaka.

here's another vendor but, a little closer to home for you.
Ready Wire for Coils- Longer Length

Kn0ttYFive

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2013
Releaser of the KRAKEN

Your welcome.

Kn0ttYFive

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2013
Releaser of the KRAKEN

Update ... here are some pre-made, also I have ordered and used one in my K-705.
"Pre-Made Coils With Non-Resistance Leads" 1.5 ohms ( 0.8ohm - 3.0ohm are available )

AvidVapers -

PA023743__17127.1349213436.1280.1280.jpg

sakis7

ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2012
Athens Greece
Let us mention the reasons why the Killer can bring us burnt.

1. Not properly set liquid feed. Many times half closed holes fed better than too light.
2. The wick blocked juice feeding holes the holes.
3. Very tight winding wire wick.
4. Tighten wires through the holes of the ceramic. So strangled the wick between wire and U of ceramic. Gently pull of the wires.
5. Ceramic not pushed enough all the way down. This creates a great distance. Place the base (battery connector) on the table and push the ceramic as a pin .

Hope these tips helps. Is a free translate from LEO's thread .

beebopnjazz

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2010
PA
Personally I like the killer better than the diver v1 - I haven't tried the Sophia as my husband picked up another killer in the classies for me :)

The killer in my Ibtanked has a pressure issue when changing altitudes though - only time it leaks - does anyone know for sure the killer fits right in the slim pro tank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread