King Diamond manuals pics and early notices

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morandir835

Idiot Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2011
Outside DC
Not going into any of the tech info yet, that won't be until friday or saturday, can't rush such items. Fiirst thing I noticed was gone is the vapor titan logo, back is the vapor king. These are marked as VK1002. So once again they are the vapor king diamond batts (know that doesn't matter to most, but well... Look at the avatar:)). Unlike the previous manuals who's buttons were black rubber or gold plastic, these have a hard clear button. The trigger is fantasic. Fastest response time of any manual thus far. The golden 56 armed 4 legged half gerbil, half snake, a third hippo in the room though has to be addressed. These batts are longer. As you'll see in the pics, each is about 8-9mm longer. The shorty batt will still fit in the V4L case, but the standard won't (XL never did so no change there). This just means V4L needs to update their carrying case (which something tells me they will). If my theory proves correct though, that lone drawback will also be it's biggest advantage. In order to put more mah into a high drain cell you have no choice but to increase the size. My guess is around 210mah for shorties, 310-320mah for regular, and 410-20mah for the XL. Won't get proof until I start testing tomorrow night. Sorry for the blurriness on the XL pic, I'm no GPR or my wife at photo taking.

Attachments

• Regular.jpg
    Regular.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 115
  • Shorties.jpg
    Shorties.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 100
  • XL.jpg
    XL.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 104

Morandir835

Idiot Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2011
Outside DC
Ms. Iowa Gal the green batt is a very special older manual given to me by a very good friend (you might have heard of him, goes by SnowDragon sir), might be my most treasured batt.

You're more than welcome Ms. Jbmcdan. :)

One other thing to note, the draw. On a scale of 1-10, where a king diamond/stealth v2 is a 10, these will rank about 8.5. Compared to the original style manuals that were a 6.5 on that scale. If you want a nice airy draw, these are the batts for you. Almost as important as voltage is airflow. Seriously the best manuals to date. :)

krazie_Kid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2010
Long Island
www.vapor4life.com
Morandir,

1st and foremost, I want to thank you again for taking the time out of a busy day to be doing this. 2ndly from what you have said everything is great about them for me, except the airy draw. I personally like a nice stiff draw so none of my batteries get cleaned often (Caution: I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS TO ANYONE! ) But if it is about 410 mAh I am going to be picking up one once I start working again to test. I like the hard button's that the V2 XL's have, so I am sure I will like this.

krazie_Kid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2010
Long Island
www.vapor4life.com
Thanks for the input. I have not seen King Diamond in a long time! Sure there are some young ones who won't know who that is.

Ok I am 23 and I know who that is.

A English (correct me if I am wrong) Black Metal Artist who started in Merciful Fate, and then went to his own band just like Ozzy did. Favorite song by him has to be Abigail or Satan's Fall (The later song is Merciful Fate)

Morandir835

Idiot Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2011
Outside DC
Krazie sir he's Danish, and his first band where he was lead singer was actually Black Rose. The Brats got him to join and they renamed themselves Mercyful Fate. A few of the early MF songs were re lyriced Brats songs ("Into the Coven" was originally "Love Criminals" for example). In late 1985 Hank Sherman wanted to do something more main stream and the band broke up (later to be reformed in 1992). The rest of the band stayed and they decided to call it the King Diamond band since King was the heart of the band. Mercyful Fate has been on hiatus since 1999, King Diamond is working on new work for KD but a year ago he had a massive heart attack so things are going slow... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread