Kitsap County, Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demarko

ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.twinrosesoftware.com
"They haven't made a decision yet, but based on the discussion they had at a meeting on Tuesday it sounds like they plan to regulate e-cigarettes like they do cigarettes and marixxxx — no smoking indoors, must be 25 feet from buildings, etc.

Unlike Tacoma/Piece County that imposed similar regulations but allowed an exception for retailers to be able to vape in their stores, the Kitsap health board wants to also make it illegal to vape in a business that sells e-cigs."

From a reporter at the Kitsap Sun. By the way, WA already has a sales ban to minors.

Berylanna

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
south Bay Area, California
www.facebook.com
These people have on blinders, earplugs, and isolation suits. I cannot imagine what to say that they have not already ignored, according to the article. I'm not local anyway but I've been thinking about my own county. When will it hit here? It's gotta be coming, someone is getting to these people! Dunno if it's in magazines or online professional groups or conferences or what.

But they have clearly taken a vaccine that has a 90% success rate at immunizing against facts, logic, or constituents.

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
These people have on blinders, earplugs, and isolation suits. I cannot imagine what to say that they have not already ignored, according to the article. I'm not local anyway but I've been thinking about my own county. When will it hit here? It's gotta be coming, someone is getting to these people! Dunno if it's in magazines or online professional groups or conferences or what.

But they have clearly taken a vaccine that has a 90% success rate at immunizing against facts, logic, or constituents.
"They" are organized ... and funded

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego

It appears to me there are certain parts of the country that are much less likely to listen than other parts of the country.

Berylanna

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
south Bay Area, California
www.facebook.com
Sigh, I know. I don't like the heart-but-no-brains vs brains-but-no-heart dichotomy. Or no imagination (cannot imagine anybody that is too disabled to work, for instance) vs. nothing but imagination ("We are concerned that XXXXX might happen. Maybe it won't happen unless the sky falls, but my feeling is it looks a little funky up there this week.....")

Demarko

ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.twinrosesoftware.com
Sigh, I know. I don't like the heart-but-no-brains vs brains-but-no-heart dichotomy. Or no imagination (cannot imagine anybody that is too disabled to work, for instance) vs. nothing but imagination ("We are concerned that XXXXX might happen. Maybe it won't happen unless the sky falls, but my feeling is it looks a little funky up there this week.....")

My cousin was in a motorcycle accident a couple of years ago. He's normal, most of the time, but suddenly simply blanks out. He really can't work.

It probably will happen in most counties as they get more and more vapers in the area - around here, there's LOTS and LOTS. But we're gonna put a lot of heat on them - we already have hundreds of signatures collected, and people vowing to go down to the board and fight. We're hoping to number in the hundreds for that, as well.

Placebo Effect

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2008
After so many emails, and everything else, the Kitsap County Board of Health yesterday decided to table the discussion until September or October.

Great to hear.

We'll update the CTA later in the week. Keep up the pressure through the summer. If you're not already doing it, give a paper copy to those who sign the petition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread