Status
Not open for further replies.

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
I read about spitting regarding the Cubis. Have you experienced that?
Cubis on a 0.25ohm Notch coil can spit like a machine gun. Some Cubis tanks come with a black spiral anti spit drip tip in package because of this.

I like the Aromamizer Anti spit drip tip. fasttech sells a clone of Aromamizer called the Vanilla rta and they Sell the drip tip separately.

$1.37 303 Stainless Steel 510 Drip Tip - 18mm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

$1.34 303 Stainless Steel 510 Drip Tip - 18mm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Looks like they are discontinuing them. They still have the black ones. I'd order them, remove o-ring & drop it in some acetone to strip paint off it. Great anti-spit drip tip.

Reactions: drugarth

Flt Simulation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
Florida
I posted this in the 'VV/VW APV Discussion' forum, but since this thread deals directly with the Smoant Knight V2, here is my initial impression of it (just got it in the mail today):

Well, my Smoant Knight V2 arrived here in southern Florida from GearBest today. It was ordered on 5 Nov.

I just use it in the VW power mode, so I can't comment on how the temp control works, but it does a fine job powering my Kayfun Lite-Plus V2 that has a 1.3 ohm single Kanthal coil installed ... since I am a 'Tootle Puffer', I fire the coil at 12.0 watts of power. Anyway, it does just as good of a job as my eVic VTwo Mini in powering the Kayfun.

I have only three small complaints ...

1. I wish they didn't require you to have to push one of the regulatory buttons every time you remove and replace your atomizer. You always need to push either the plus or the minus regulatory button to tell the mod that you are either using a new coil or the same coil (you have 2 choices). It won't fire until you push one of those regulatory buttons first ... It should be programmed to think that every time you remove and replace the atomizer, it will have a new coil, and read the coil's ohm every time it's attached (like every other VW mod I have ever owned does). Just a slight pain in the .... to have to press an extra button before the mod will fire.

2. Since the atomizer sets so low in the mod, the little airflow inlet hole in the bottom-side of my Kayfun sometimes gets blocked by my index finger (I press the fire button with my middle finger). This obviously cuts off the airflow to the atomizer. Due to all the various designs of the different atomizers available, this will not be a problem with many of them, but with the Kayfun Lite, it sometimes is a problem (depending how the airflow hole lines up after it is attached to the Knight V2).

3. A very small deal, but like others here have said, the magnetic battery door does, at times, move downwards just slightly. The magnets are very strong, but there is no 'lip' on the bottom of the mod's outer frame to keep the battery cover from wanting to move slightly downward when you are handling it.

Anyway, I really like this little mod, and it was truly worth the money ... Really a clever design. :) ... And more available power than I will ever use in my style of vaping.

BTW ... I don't have scale, but the Knight V2 weighs about the same as the eVic VTwo Mini (not heavy at all).

Below is a photo I just took of the Knight V2 next to my eVic VTwo Mini. The VTwo mini is a pretty small mod, but towers over the little Knight V2. Of course, since the atomizer sets partially down inside the Knight V2, it really makes everything look a lot smaller. Both mods have Kayfun Lite-Plus V2 atomizers attached to them.

Ron,

Kayfun%20and%20Mods.jpg

Last edited:

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
I posted this in the 'VV/VW APV Discussion' forum, but since this thread deals directly with the Smoant Knight V2, here is my initial impression of it (just got it in the mail today):

Well, my Smoant Knight V2 arrived here in southern Florida from GearBest today. It was ordered on 5 Nov.

I just use it in the VW power mode, so I can't comment on how the temp control works, but it does a fine job powering my Kayfun Lite-Plus V2 that has a 1.3 ohm single Kanthal coil installed ... since I am a 'Tootle Puffer', I fire the coil at 12.0 watts of power. Anyway, it does just as good of a job as my eVic VTwo Mini in powering the Kayfun.

I have only three small complaints ...

1. I wish they didn't require you to have to push one of the regulatory buttons every time you remove and replace your atomizer. You always need to push either the plus or the minus regulatory button to tell the mod that you are either using a new coil or the same coil (you have 2 choices). It won't fire until you push one of those regulatory buttons first ... It should be programmed to think that every time you remove and replace the atomizer, it will have a new coil, and read the coil's ohm every time it's attached (like every other VW mod I have ever owned does). Just a slight pain in the .... to have to press an extra button before the mod will fire.

2. Since the atomizer sets so low in the mod, the little airflow inlet hole in the bottom-side of my Kayfun sometimes gets blocked by my index finger (I press the fire button with my middle finger). This obviously cuts off the airflow to the atomizer. Due to all the various designs of the different atomizers available, this will not be a problem with many of them, but with the Kayfun Lite, it sometimes is a problem (depending how the airflow hole lines up after it is attached to the Knight V2).

3. A very small deal, but like others here have said, the magnetic battery door does, at times, move downwards just slightly. The magnets are very strong, but there is no 'lip' on the bottom of the mod's outer frame to keep the battery cover from wanting to move slightly downward when you are handling it.

Anyway, I really like this little mod, and it was truly worth the money ... Really a clever design. :) ... And more available power than I will ever use in my style of vaping.

BTW ... I don't have scale, but the Knight V2 weighs about the same as the eVic VTwo Mini (not heavy at all).

Below is a photo I just took of the Knight V2 next to my eVic VTwo Mini. The VTwo mini is a pretty small mod, but towers over the little Knight V2. Of course, since the atomizer sets partially down inside the Knight V2, it really makes everything look a lot smaller. Both mods have Kayfun Lite-Plus V2 atomizers attached to them.

Ron,

Kayfuns%20and%20Mods.jpg
Happy to hear it finally arrived.
  1. Yeah, that coil prompt can be annoying but it is a simple press of a button. One of the reasons I'm gonna try to put a DNA60 in at least one of mine when Evolv finally ships them. A newer top fill atty can make that annoyance a thing of the past. Guessing your not top filling your KFL with a finger over the air intake like I used to. You could do that right on the mod id you did.
  2. Try to train yourself to rest your index finger on the cage in that orientation or try thumb firing orientation to eliminate the possibility altogether (natural position for stealth).
  3. I tend to notice side to side motion at the bottom of the battery door more so than up & down. Think a little strip of gaffers either side of sled on battery door would sort it.
  4. You will really come to appreciate the compact size and weight of this little mod. Great for on the go vaping & sneaking a hit in public where it is frowned upon & no one noticing. That KFL is perfect for that because it doesn't throw huge clouds that are tough to hide.
  5. Looks good, big size difference.
  6. pics on a scale near bottom of first or second page in this thread.
Enjoy it and share your thoughts after some time with it.

Reactions: nocigsnomore

ian91

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Westbank, BC Canada
I have had mine for about 3 weeks now. I absolutely love this mod. Have another being delivered today. I find that the natural position for this mod is to fire it with your ring finger in the same manner as the XVOstick. The V2 is almost exactly like the XVO. I far prefer the cage on the V2 over the one on the XVO. It is a lot easier to make adjustments and to get the atty off the box.

Really interested in purchasing this mod, but do any of you know of a place that sells them in the states? All I can find are sellers in China. I don't have a problem ordering from China, but we are going to be on vacation for awhile in a couple of weeks and I would like to receive it before i go. Thanks!

Reactions: Tpat591

Flt Simulation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
Florida
Still vaping everyday on the Knight V2 ... The device performs perfectly.

Something I did notice when comparing it to my eVic VTwo Mini ... Even if I use the exact same Kayfun atomizer, along with the same build, and the same LG-HG2 battery with the same amount of charge, and the watts set at the same power output (12 watts) ... The Knight V2's outer case tends to get just a little warmer in the hand than the eVic VTwo Mini does.

It's not the battery or the atomizer getting warmer, but the actual metal case of the Knight V2.

This is not a problem by any means, but just something that I have noticed.

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
Still vaping everyday on the Knight V2 ... The device performs perfectly.

Something I did notice when comparing it to my eVic VTwo Mini ... Even if I use the exact same Kayfun atomizer, along with the same build, and the same LG-HG2 battery with the same amount of charge, and the watts set at the same power output (12 watts) ... The Knight V2's outer case tends to get just a little warmer in the hand than the eVic VTwo Mini does.

It's not the battery or the atomizer getting warmer, but the actual metal case of the Knight V2.

This is not a problem by any means, but just something that I have noticed.
Atty is down in body so naturally the body of the Knight will absorb much of the atomizers inherent heat generated as well as internal board heat generated. I have no illusions that Smoant boards are as efficient as dnas. A bit of heat is to be expected of a Chinese clone board when compared to the big boys.

nocigsnomore

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2014
Land of Oz
If Flt Simulation likes it, that is saying something. 7 days for FT to ship, two weeks shipping & you'll have it by Christmas!

Thank you! That's great to know. Hopefully it will arrive before Christmas, but the customs got a lot to do in December, so if they want to check the content it hangs in a thread. Got to pay import tax too since the value is above $41, and that delays it by a day or so.

Last edited:

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
Thank you! That's great to know. Hopefully it will arrive before Christmas, but the customs got a lot to do in December, so if they want to check the content it hangs in a thread. Got to pay import tax too since the value is above $41, and that delays it by a day or so.
Hopefully they will be more likely to let it slip through without a check as it is the holiday season. Good luck & Happy Holidays!

nocigsnomore

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2014
Land of Oz
Hopefully they will be more likely to let it slip through without a check as it is the holiday season. Good luck & Happy Holidays!

Yes, but as FT sells juice with nic I'm not sure how suspicious the customs are. Juice with nic is illegal to sell in Norway. It's classified as a drug, and one really need a doctor's prescription to import from the European Economic Area, but the customs don't enforce that law. Illegal to order from elsewhere in the World, and only for 3 months use at a time (as with vitamins), but they can't know how much three months of juice is, so... :) Anyway, there is a customs fee to pay if the order is above $41 incl. shipment, so when a 50ml bottle of good juice costs $29 with shipment, there isn't room for much more.

Tried to order from the UK, but the shop didn't withdraw the 25% tax it pays in the UK, so if I had ordered I had to pay both the UK tax and the Norwegian. Luckily there are shops that withdraw their tax for the value, as I have to pay the Norwegian tax when the value is above $41. Esmokes.se withdraws it from the first $, so it's very popular here.

Price for not being a member of the EU.

Thank you, and happy holidays to you too! :)

Last edited:

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
I have had mine for about 3 weeks now. I absolutely love this mod. Have another being delivered today. I find that the natural position for this mod is to fire it with your ring finger in the same manner as the XVOstick. The V2 is almost exactly like the XVO. I far prefer the cage on the V2 over the one on the XVO. It is a lot easier to make adjustments and to get the atty off the box.
So much more functionality with the V2 in TC over the XVO. Almost bought an XVO but cancelled it when I saw the Knight V1. That was a good mod but weighted a ton and TC wasn't near as functional. V2 is leaps and bounds more user friendly.

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
So I disliked the talos and was suggested the smok baby beast w/ .15 ohm 50w+ coils. I'm starting to get the feeling, based off other readings, that this set up might not.be ideal. Any thoughts?

Knight ought to handle it. Might be a slight ramp up. Battery life will suffer. It will push my dual coil Aromamizer, but I usually run a Cubis w/ notch for better battery life.

Try it out & see. Like to hear your thoughts when you do.

Reactions: Ton13
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread