Knight V2 by Smoant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mile

Dec 15, 2016
Hence the Cubis for me as it gives me decent vape performance and reasonable battery life on the go. As soon as Evolv ships the Small screen DNA60s I ordered, I will try to convert one to see if improves power consumption.

Please do share your experience with the DNA60 modification. This is an excellent stealth mod and with dna board it will be close to ideal.

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
My DNA60s are delayed as I ordered small screen version w/ spare large screens as that was only way to have the versatility for installs since small screens weren't available as spares.

Large screen DNA60s are shipping already, but Evolv has not received small screens from their suppliers yet. Could be January before I receive them.

Reactions: AtmizrOpin

nocigsnomore

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2014
Land of Oz
Hopefully they will be more likely to let it slip through without a check as it is the holiday season. Good luck & Happy Holidays!

Would just like to mention that I canceled the Knight and bout the Dripbox 2 instead. Kinda regret! Should have bought the Knight and the Coppervape. Import duties for the Dripbox 2 will be almost as much as the mod cost because it was shipped with DHL.

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
Would just like to mention that I canceled the Knight and bout the Dripbox 2 instead. Kinda regret! Should have bought the Knight and the Coppervape. Import duties for the Dripbox 2 will be almost as much as the mod cost because it was shipped with DHL.
Gearbest still has Knight v2 on sale. Not too late.

Reactions: nocigsnomore

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
KangerTech Temp Control is horrible on almost all their Products. Nebox was passable, Cupti is crap. Smoant at least got TC right but did not make Knight V2 software Updateable. I would take the Knight V2 over all Kangertech products except the DNA75 KBox Mod, but that is just me. I know you will say your not interested in TC, but this too can change one day, better to have & not use than have one that doesn't work.

Gearbest still has them for under $36 for the kit in black. It's not too late.

Reactions: aikanae1

nocigsnomore

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2014
Land of Oz
Gearbest still has Knight v2 on sale. Not too late.

Thanks, but I got to slow down now. Used a lot of money on vaping since I started again almost a month ago, and I'm not rich! Got two VW (Alien and Pico), one squonker, the Noisy Cricket II, one single 18650 mech (FT) and waiting for one more (FT). The Dripbox 2 is small enough to take along on the go. I live .

Last edited:

nocigsnomore

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2014
Land of Oz
KangerTech Temp Control is horrible on almost all their Products. Nebox was passable, Cupti is crap. Smoant at least got TC right but did not make Knight V2 software Updateable. I would take the Knight V2 over all Kangertech products except the DNA75 KBox Mod, but that is just me. I know you will say your not interested in TC, but this too can change one day, better to have & not use than have one that doesn't work.

Gearbest still has them for under $36 for the kit in black. It's not too late.

Didn't know KangerTech's TC is horrible, so thanks for telling. It seems to work OK on my Dripbox 2 though, but I have not much experience with TC so I wouldn't know if it was horrible. I regret the Kanger even though cause many have a problem with the battery meter being off on the DB2, and the answer from KT is to try another battery, which doesn't help, and they haven't fixed it yet, or admitted that there is a problem, which is horrible I think!

kangertech.freeforums.org • View topic - Dripbox 2 Battery life

Last edited:

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
Didn't know KangerTech's TC is horrible, so thanks for telling. It seems to work OK on my Dripbox 2 though, but I have not much experience with TC so I wouldn't know if it was horrible. I regret the Kanger even though cause many have a problem with the battery meter being off on the DB2, and the answer from KT is to try another battery, which doesn't help, and they haven't fixed it yet, or admitted that there is a problem, which is horrible I think!

kangertech.freeforums.org • View topic - Dripbox 2 Battery life
Nor will they. Your vendor may replace it though. Happy Holidays!

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
Does your knight v2 reads ohm lower? Mine reads from -0.4/0.2. I like everything else but looks like I have to coil higer to hit the right ohms and W. I belive because off this its fireing difrently then my other mods. Only W mode tested tc is not my thing.
Got 2 in operation running Cubis 0.25 tanks. 1 is currently reading 0.23ohm the other is currently reading 0.24ohm. Both are vaping just fine in ss TC mode @ 450f. They read correctly when I first set them up but on fills rather than say same coil I usually press for new which is just me being lazy.

They vape just fine though. Guess if it really annoyed me I could go to the manual TCR mode and compensate for the varience by editing the TCR by a point.

Iken 2015

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2015
Croatia
I dont like how this chip preforms, wrong ohms reading and eating battery faster then my other mods. Waiting to see dna combination if its not too hard to esamble it. What other chip could fit in this?
Ive taken mod apart and dont see any of the dna chip or yihi can fit in there. If there is a way please write back.

Last edited:

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
DNA60 - Has full Escribe capability. EVOLV - Home

DNA60 is specified at 85% efficiency just like a DNA75 but same size as DNA40, (little thicker). It is doubtful you will enjoy a great improvement in battery life over the stock chip.

Have 5 on order with small screens as I also wanted to order 5 large replacement screens in the same order so I could use the chip in either configuration. Evolv's screen supplier screwed up the order for the Small screens and they had to be completely redone so the small screens will be at least another 4 weeks before they become available.

The large screens are available now.

Batteries do go kind of quick on the Smoant chip, but it isn't too bad as far as TC goes.

Last edited:

Iken 2015

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2015
Croatia
I dont vape in tc only in power mode around 10W to 18W. The power mode with this chip is not to my style like for example all eleaf products and similar. Realy jumpy and agresive on heating and ohm reading wrong so I even did coil one tank to 2ohms and he read 1.6ohms and then put another tank with 1.6ohms and hit same coil so I can see if there is improvment but not worth of trouble. I realy do notice diference in W mode by diferent chip and cant force myself just for the looks of it.
Did you order just screen of dna to try modify the knight or the chip? Iam going to try to see if chip of dna 60 can fit in.

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
Ordered the entire chip, charger and small screen, with an extra large screen. Ordered 5 like that through a coop, but it will be 4 more weeks until Evolv can ship them because of the screen manufacturer screwing up the small screens. (3 will find their way into Vaporflask Clones, 2 will wind up in Knight V2s).

Had I ordered the large screen, I would have them already. Will try to use The Knight's switchboard remote wired into the DNA 60 and probably try to pick up the usb charging/data pins off the switchboard as well.

Reactions: Iken 2015

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
Well Iam going to wait for your reply then. Hope you have positiv result in the end. Fingers crossed.
As stated, that could be 2 months from now before I receive them (if they are telling me 4 weeks, could be more).

In the intirim, I get really good results in SS TC Mode. Use wattage that will apply a quick preheat to your coil and it ought to provide you a much better experience. Give it a try! You might like it.

Reactions: Iken 2015
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread