KR808 battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

mudboy

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2010
Penny Pot NJ
What i'm looking to do is buy some KR 808 batteries and use adapters to go to teh 510 cartos at 2ohm. This would putt me at about 6watts of power which is what i want to hit. Now I know using a LR atty or carto with a ego/riva/510 etc. is apparently not good for it and will significatly reduce the life span of the battery. Is this teh same with the 808?

Automaton

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
US
Yes, LR atties will drain a Kr808 like they would an eGo, but most LR atties are 1.5ohm. Cartos generally don't go that low, or they would just fry. You should be ok with a 2 ohm carto.

But the Kr808 batteries are a true 3.7v. With a 2ohm carto, it's closer to 6.8 watts, which is the same as a 1.5ohm LR atomizer on an eGo battery (3.2v).

To hit 6 watts, you'll need a variable voltage mod most likely, unless there's a combination I'm not thinking of.

mudboy

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2010
Penny Pot NJ
Thanks Mistress, from what I understand. 6-8 watts is a pretty good spot to be so 6.8 shouldn't be to bad? I'm happy to hear that I should be ok with the 2.0 ohm cartos that are available. I figured I'd try them along with 2 ohm atty. The main reason i want the KR808s is because of the TRUE 3.7 volts compared to the others.

Automaton

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
US
6.8 watts would be like vaping a 4.1v with a normal atty. So somewhere between a 3.7v device, like the Kr808, and a 5v mod. That's actually my perfect sweet spot. :)

Well, the eGo + 1.5ohm LR atty is simpler, and it's the exact same power output. The adapter is just one more piece in the mix that doesn't need to be there.

But, either way should perform about the same. Although atties and cartos do feel different.

Automaton

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
US
Not necessarily. I ran a 1.5ohm atty on my 900mAh eGo, and always stick it on the charger before it's totally dead (you can tell by the slight performance drop). Some people so have problems, but more don't. Generally, the higher mAh you're working with the easier it is on the battery. But all the same, none of these standard devices are truly built to deal with anything under 2.5ohm's.

2.0ohm's will be less stressful probably. I like to keep things as simple as possible, which is why I still have a solid state MP3 player I guess, ha ha. The fewer pieces involved, the less can go wrong.

But, adapter failure isn't particularly common, and there aren't any 1.5ohm cartos as far as I'm aware. So yeah, a Kr808 with an adapter and a 2.0ohm carto is probably your best bet then.

If you do move to mods, go for a variable voltage. As far as I'm aware, they just don't make them in the 4v range.

redgirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brunswick, MD
Good eye redgirl! I couldn't find any 2.0ohm Kr808 ones.

No, pretty much the same concept. Filler around a wick and a coil. I've vaped Kr808 and 510 cartos, and they're pretty much the same with minor variations brand-to-brand. If you like cartos as a rule, you'll probably like Kr808 cartos as a rule just as well.

I just ran across them because I wanted something smaller and portable than mods to take with me on vacation and someone mentioned the LR 510 cartos from Litecig. I tried out a KR808 battery from them for the first time about a week ago because they run a true 3.7 as opposed to the 510 batts. I was really pleasantly surprised at how nice they are along with the LR 808s. I got a manual and an auto and I'm having issues with the auto not activating about half the time, though.

So yeah, the XL manual paired with a LR 808 is pretty sweet. These LR 808s are a little different from the regular 808s I tried quite a few months ago. Vaping technology is always changing and it's hard to keep up with!

tweazee

ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2010
USA, MO
Awesome. Thank you two so much!!!. Now one last quick one. The KR808s have nowhere near the Mah of my ego batts. A fully charged 650mah ego is lasting me from about 5am-3:00pm so figure 10 hours or so tops. so i guess 2 380 ah 808s should do the trick:)

My aunt uses 2.5 KR808D1-batteries a day. So you might want to get 3 of them.

mudboy

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2010
Penny Pot NJ
And mudboy, the difference is basically just that - the resistance.

Thanks again. After all of this I'm considering getting a MKII Screwdriver. SSorry for wasting anyones time lol. But Totally wicked is having 25% off all orders which put s the screwdriver at 75.00 and also have a 7.5% code so thats 68$

Pav

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2009
Detroit Rock City
I've been using the KR8 2.0 Ohm cartos from litecig as well. I love em. I had tried 1.7 ohm and 2.5 ohm 510 cartos with an adapter and it seems to me that the 510 cartos have a lot less filling in them to hold liquid and a different taste. I still prefer the KR8 cartos. I'm getting good battery life with my elegant using the KR8 2.0 cartos. Nice quick vapor consistently. The 510 cartos also seemed to leak more than the KR8 ones i have (which don't leak at all).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread