KR808D-1 - Getting rid of Juice in cart?

Status
Not open for further replies.

denec

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2009
NYC
...just curious here because you said it came with 18mg cartomizers and im not too certain that KR actually makes 18mg versions of their cartomizers, so...

...are you certain that your kit is a TRUE KR kit? (does it have the "KR-808D-1" on one side of the kit box?

Im asking because i received some non-KR cartomizers lately and the taste for me was alot worse than the real KR's...the non kr's i received were cheaper knock-offs and i dont think they had that notch down the center of the carts connector plate (although im really not sure if thats a good way of telling them apart). I think the real KR carts come in 16mg, unless theyve recently changed it?

anyway...i personally find the KR 16mg marlboro's to be the least offensive taste-wise...i also found the non-KR's to have somewhat of a "chalky" taste.

I do not have the box in front of me to know for sure, i left it at work

the box was all black here is where I bought mine from

KR808D-1 Starter Set

btw the marlboro they sent me was in 16mG and this was from justvape

btw they are sending me the peach along with grape now should be here next week.

But now get this the ones I got from mist-tix...the red-bull..the flavor was great..but after about 20-25 puffs...boom no more flavor...and hardly any vapor.

this happened to two carts from redbull...

I am working on the cola see if it happens with the cola

One interesting thing is the cartridges from justvape definitely last a long time and one thing i noticed is they come in a foil wrapped packaged sort of like when you get medicine that you have to break it out of a seal.

i wonder if because they are packed that way it keeps much fresher and the juice does not evaporate?

The mist-tix carts come loose just packed in a box?

Man i have to tell you this is getting frustrating I finally found my perfect e-cig and just cannot find my perfect cartomizer...I know reading the reviews they said the cartomizers are inconsistent but sheesh...i thought i get more then 25 puffs i may as well go back to my 510 LOL

I do not have the box in front of me to know for sure, i left it at work

the box was all black here is where I bought mine from

KR808D-1 Starter Set

btw the marlboro they sent me was in 16mG and this was from justvape

btw they are sending me the peach along with grape now should be here next week.

But now get this the ones I got from mist-tix...the red-bull..the flavor was great..but after about 20-25 puffs...boom no more flavor...and hardly any vapor.

this happened to two carts from redbull...

I am working on the cola see if it happens with the cola

One interesting thing is the cartridges from justvape definitely last a long time and one thing i noticed is they come in a foil wrapped packaged sort of like when you get medicine that you have to break it out of a seal.

i wonder if because they are packed that way it keeps much fresher and the juice does not evaporate?

The mist-tix carts come loose just packed in a box?

Man i have to tell you this is getting frustrating I finally found my perfect e-cig and just cannot find my perfect cartomizer...I know reading the reviews they said the cartomizers are inconsistent but sheesh...i thought i get more then 25 puffs i may as well go back to my 510 LOL

That is why not too many people recommend these for new vapers... 901 is more consistent :)

Careful if ya get a needle... don't stick yourself while it has nic juice init! Dangerous!

denec

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2009
NYC
btw thought i update...i got my cartomizers from justvape

grape, peach and they even threw in mint, wow they go above and beyond in customer service

anyone all the flavors rock!!!!!! mint does not taste like menthol but more like spearmint, makes your breath smell really good!

and so far they seem to last much longer then the ones from mist-tix, though it only been a day but at least more then 20 puffs

but they all came in those foil medicine type pouches

oh btw i did check the box and it did say kr808d-1 on the side of the box

waskel

ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2009
127.0.0.1[Oregon]
Here's my trick for refilling cartomizers...
When you open new ones, save the little silicon 'dipstick' which is inserted in the battery hole.
The next thing I do is pop off the end cap, remove the silicone ring inside and put on a 901 mouth piece - I tend to vape them like a cigar and the round ends make my jaw hurt... this also makes topping off a breeze (I strongly recommend doing this before you even take a drag off it, I've found very few carts actually full, and once they go dry they're burned).

When it's time to refill I unscrew the cart from the battery, remove the 901 tip and set the cart battery end down on a piece of paper towel. Insert the silicone 'dipstick' (you saved one, right?) into the center hole inside the cart and push down so it blocks the hole. This won't always block the hole perfectly, but it'll do the job. Now drip into the filler, moving around as you drip. When the juice is just above the level of the filler, stop and leave it alone for a few minutes, and the juice will be absorbed. Repeat until it stops absorbing. Flip the cart over and let any loose excess drain out. Remove the 'dipstick', replace the 901 tip and you're good.
Unless...
Doing it on a paper towel allows you to see whether any has leaked past the dipstick. If so, blow it out from the battery end and wipe the contact clean. You don't want juice getting in the kr808 batteries - they seem to stick even easier than the 901's.

smiley7

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2009
Missouri
denec, thx for that supplier. I originally got my kit & carts from vapor4life & there were the best. When & if he gets new supplies in, I will go back to Steve. I,ve tried several other versions of cartomizers & none of them were near as good as his. Lots of vapor, throat hit & great flavor. So thx for the info on this site. If you think they are very good, I will try them. Thx:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread