No longer like my all day vape? Whats wrong?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

McVapor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2009
Seminole FL
I have been vaping for over a year and a half. About a year ago I discovered RY4 and never looked back. I love tobacco flavors the best but I recently switched to Totally-wicked's blackcurrant. Since then when I try to go back to my atty with ry4 in it I taste like a bad soapy taste. I have had this taste once before and the atty just needed to be flushed, well I did that and this RY4 is just not appealing to me. In fact I don't remember the taste I loved in RY4 because its been over a month since I vaped it. What is this? Tastebud change? need more of a break before going back to RY4? Anyone else have a similar thing with their favorite juice?

Chameloid

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2010
Rura Penthe
I have found that if I vape juice that tends on the "acid" or "tart" side (e.g., lemon, lime, pineapple), it will screw my taste buds up when I return to the more "creamy" or "nutty" juices (not unlike how the cinnamons can kill the taste buds after awhile)... In fact, too much vaping of those types eventually deaden my taste to the sweet in them, after which I have to lay off of them for awhile. Don't know if your black currant is acidic but I have found that some of the non-citrus fruit flavors tend to be as well. I try vaping some menthol in between to try to stave off the problem. RY4 had also been my first fave when I first started vaping and I still have some original formula Dekang... But ever since I started expanding my flavors, the taste of that RY4 hasn't been the same. I do realize that I also started dripping the past month or so and that has definitely changed the taste too....

McVapor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2009
Seminole FL
I have found that if I vape juice that tends on the "acid" or "tart" side (e.g., lemon, lime, pineapple), it will screw my taste buds up when I return to the more "creamy" or "nutty" juices (not unlike how the cinnamons can kill the taste buds after awhile)... In fact, too much vaping of those types eventually deaden my taste to the sweet in them, after which I have to lay off of them for awhile. Don't know if your black currant is acidic but I have found that some of the non-citrus fruit flavors tend to be as well. I try vaping some menthol in between to try to stave off the problem. RY4 had also been my first fave when I first started vaping and I still have some original formula Dekang... But ever since I started expanding my flavors, the taste of that RY4 hasn't been the same. I do realize that I also started dripping the past month or so and that has definitely changed the taste too....

Hmmm I agree with what you are saying. The blackcurrent is an acidic fruity flavor so yes this could be the problem, I just need a pallete cleanser! Also I am a dripper but I do not believe it changes the taste much if any :p.

McVapor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2009
Seminole FL
Just a note, I had flavors I couldn't stand from the get go but when I tried them with a different atty/batt combo I really liked them. Switch it up to be sure.

and oh I love my RY4 only in a 510 atty! I can vape this till the battery slowly dies! sometimes the flavor would be so good I would forget about the battery performance! (well that and battery charging negligence lol)

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
Could it possibly be you were drinking something different when you last visited the RY4? I've done that and depending on what it is it can change the overall flavor of the juice. Kind of like eating sweets with a coca cola......YUK. I try to drink water if possible when I'm vaping. I seems to help keep the flavor more consistent.

FY51

Sep 30, 2010
No-cal
It is the same reason why you not longer like to eat pies made of mud or bugs (assuming). Your taste matured. Hell I used to use dip tobacco before I vaped (cope longcut/straight) and I stole a dip off a friend yesterday. Couldn't even handle the harsh tobacco flavor. Now i used too smoke also, and that might have messed with my taste buds when I stopped. That might be it also, If you were quitting smoking while you try a flavor and then you try it when your taste buds are back it might taste completely different.

McVapor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2009
Seminole FL
Thanks all on your input!
Its been since the day I posted the thread that I have had RY4, even longer since i enjoyed RY4. I prepped myself away from the sweet citris flavors by switching to some pipe tobacco. It's more of a sweet tobacco. I tried RY4 the next day (today) and it was amazing :O.

I think the bad flavor was stuck between old juice left in the atty and my tongue adjusting to sweet vapes. Oddly though I couldnt taste cookies either.... hmmm

And oh F5Y1, there are many flavors I enjoyed when I got them and no longer like. They are one time vapes but I think because I want to enjoy RY4 so much that I do. The power of the mind kinda thing, but who knows eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread