KR808D-1 MEGA Beta test in progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
I received my Iken Beta test carto present today in the mail (thanks Issac). As soon as I had the chance I loaded up both cartos, one with waffle and a little maple syrup/ one with my daily vape ( caramel kicker ) and let them soak for an hour or so. I hooked up a darn good PT, MY GGT which is an awesome PT, As Issac says I tell it like it is so I hope that doesn't bother you Issac. I started vaping through one carto then the next at a true 5V. These cartos are DA Bomb and worked very well producing gobs of vapor with great taste the room was filled with plumes of vapor, I opened the window, laughed, went downstairs opened the front door and looked up at my bedroom window as the clouds rolled out of it looking awful strange, my daughter comes to the door, sees all the clouds rolling out of the window, says daddy I think your nuts, I said no daughter, I am just an Iken Beta, she looked at me puzzled and walked away as I rolled on the floor laughing in vaping heaven once again thanks to Issac.! I opened both up after they where close to being depleted, neither had any burn marks in them at all. Tomorrow I am taking them to the next level "6V" and will report back, I expect them to be just as good if not better but we will see tomorrow if I'm an Iken Beta once again and how these perform, bye the way how do the other 4 feel being called an Iken Beta, because that what you are, you Iken Beta's

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
:laugh: Iken you made me so happy, Thank you, I LOVE surprises:w00t:
Awwww Look!Thank you! That's the exact feeling, thats the greatest one of all
I received my Iken Beta test carto present today in the mail (thanks Issac). As soon as I had the chance I loaded up both cartos, one with waffle and a little maple syrup/ one with my daily vape ( caramel kicker ) and let them soak for an hour or so. I hooked up a darn good PT, MY GGT which is an awesome PT, As Issac says I tell it like it is so I hope that doesn't bother you Issac. I started vaping through one carto then the next at a true 5V. These cartos are DA Bomb and worked very well producing gobs of vapor with great taste the room was filled with plumes of vapor, I opened the window, laughed, went downstairs opened the front door and looked up at my bedroom window as the clouds rolled out of it looking awful strange, my daughter comes to the door, sees all the clouds rolling out of the window, says daddy I think your nuts, I said no daughter, I am just an Iken Beta, she looked at me puzzled and walked away as I rolled on the floor laughing in vaping heaven once again thanks to Issac.! I opened both up after they where close to being depleted, neither had any burn marks in them at all. Tomorrow I am taking them to the next level "6V" and will report back, I expect them to be just as good if not better but we will see tomorrow if I'm an Iken Beta once again and how these perform, bye the way how do the other 4 feel being called an Iken Beta, because that what you are, you Iken Beta's
I LOL'd all the way through! Just Awesome opener! LOL
e2954b35.gif

Cool, and I don't really care what they call me :lol: I can't think of a better man to test for, it is always a pleasure :) Now that folks are starting to receive theirs I'll start a thread for these (so it doesn't get confusing for the on lookers)

I'm a Beta, she's a beta they are Betas too...

We are Betas
We're Isaac Betas
:banana: :banana: :banana:
Doctor Pepper song
Thanks Switcher! for the thread and being a part of this my friend. Did you ever get the email I sent off to you?

LOL I can see you doing a little jig with singing that song!

Last edited:

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
OK more testing today,

I'm not sure whether to post here or on the thread Switched started, so I'm going to stay here for now until otherwise told to move it over. Switched does such a good overall job on his post, I tip my hat to you on those Switched your reviews are very well done.

Now back to my testing. I refilled both cartos a while ago and started off on my Ego units, I should say I also received 1-Black carto and 1- chrome carto. Both work well, however I am noticing an increased vapor on the black carto on my ego unit over the Chrome Carto and maybe a tad more taste as well. Both have a nice vape to them on Ego units at the 3.2v lets say. I then moved to a Mod with an AW IMR 18650 Batt in it. both cartos vaped well under this set up too but again I liked the black one a bit better

Next I went to 6V using two AW 3.0 Batts that I just got from Ikenvape.com last week so there nice fresh Batts. I put on the Chrome carto and took a few pokes from it, I notice it gets very hot very fast and the resistance seems to be to low for a good 6V Vape, Max 5v for this Chrome Carto in my book. The taste was diminishing at 6V also, just to hot of a vape at the 6V for me and I'm a 6V Guy so no more 6v for Mr Chrome

Next was the black Carto = Same 2 x 3.0 AW's at 6V = The black Carto wins this test over the chrome, didn't get as hot and had more flavor and an all around better vape with plumes of vapor and great taste @ 6V

As a Beta tester I don't know what the difference is between these 2 cartos if any. My personal findings have to be leaning towards the Black carto for an all around grade. I am surprised at how well they vape at both voltages, not sure if its a thicker wire inside or what but being able to throw them on something like an Ego and switch it up to 5v & 6v on a passthrough & Mod and get a great vape either way is convienant to say the least. There is also no burnmarks on either carto after using them from 3v-6v which is a great sign.

Lastly I'm gonna touch on a few minor things that I dislike on both of these. First is the draw, it is a bit to airy for me, I personally like a tighter draw and feel like I'm sucking to much air with both of these cartos, not sure if its the amount of filler in them and it needs to be packed a little more or it's just the center hole is bigger but would like to see a tighter draw one way or another. Second thing is on the build of these carto's is the bottom connector, it has that little white silicone O Ring under the center pin, I dislike this set up because depending on what unit you use them on or especially using adapters they are unfriendly at times and this little white O Ring gets lose and if the center pin pushes in then you can lose connection power wise and the little silicone washer gets lose and the center pin gets weak. I don't know what company maybe Bloog but I have cartos that the center pin is more sturdy and has what looks like a screw driver slot on the bottom of them, this bottom pin seems more friendly to different 510 connections and I would like to see that one used rather then the one that is being used on these.

That's about all for today on testing with these Carto's, so I'm still an Iken Beta and I like being an Iken Beta, hope all you other Iken Beta's speak up and tell us your findings today too.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
Great write up MWA and interesting observations. I copied your posts over to the thread I started so we can find all the reviewers comments in one place, a little house keeping we might say :)

Wrt the seal I have never had any issues with the "white seal" itself as I find them on most of my attys. OTOH yeah adapters are definitely problematic wrt pushing the atty/carto's centre post in. My P18 does that and I have to be very careful using adapters with it as the centre post on the P18 is prouder than most devices. That is what caused my near runaway some weeks back.

I really, really enjoy these cartos. They vape easily. You'd think something this long would be hard to draw through, but it just ain't so. I only ordered 5 to try them out and I already want a bunch more. When more hear of these super long cartos, I predict it's all anyone will be wanting.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
Iken, I think maybe you messed up with these cartos. I am on my 2nd one since receiving them from you and the first one is probably still good. At this rate a box of 5 will last longer than a month, probably more like 2 which slows down sales for you. Your going to go broke always putting your customers before yourself. That's why I never worry or wonder when ordering from you, I know my order will be perfect.
your-cool-writing.gif

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
^^^ Yes he is ^^^

... but as word spreads, the shelves will have a hard time maintaining adequate supplies. This is already evident in some items constantly going out of stock. Many folks are discovering the quality of the SLB line and are flocking like pigeons to the popcorn stand, eh I mean store. :lol:

I am reminded of a movie I once saw.

If you build it, they will come

... and folks are coming :) Once one experience the customer ervice delivered at IkenVape and the warmth extended, it is pretty hard to stay away.

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
I really, really enjoy these cartos. They vape easily. You'd think something this long would be hard to draw through, but it just ain't so. I only ordered 5 to try them out and I already want a bunch more. When more hear of these super long cartos, I predict it's all anyone will be wanting.
That's Great NuGalicia! They did fly out unexpectedly fassssst. More are on the way! and that's a promise!
Iken, I think maybe you messed up with these cartos. I am on my 2nd one since receiving them from you and the first one is probably still good. At this rate a box of 5 will last longer than a month, probably more like 2 which slows down sales for you. Your going to go broke always putting your customers before yourself. That's why I never worry or wonder when ordering from you, I know my order will be perfect.
your-cool-writing.gif
LOL Thanks 5card!I was just talking with Switcher about that. I'm focusing too much on expanding to bring everything to everyone and not focusing on some important things like Device x. Well, sort of... I did have a pretty bad run-in with the machinist this week. Which is not looking so good at the moment. There's always a catch 22. ugh..
^^^ Yes he is ^^^

... but as word spreads, the shelves will have a hard time maintaining adequate supplies. This is already evident in some items constantly going out of stock. Many folks are discovering the quality of the SLB line and are flocking like pigeons to the popcorn stand, eh I mean store. :lol:

I am reminded of a movie I once saw.

If you build it, they will come

... and folks are coming :) Once one experience the customer service delivered at IkenVape and the warmth extended, it is pretty hard to stay away.
Aw shucks my man. Thank you! It is growing to such great heights. I just have to keep my balance at this point. Some products to maintain keeps escaping my thoughts like the 2.5 510's LR and Hv 901's. I had to remove SLB from the 510 line as a new manufacture has proven they can make them with better durability. The new 2.0's from the last batch proved very beneficial so the 3.5's that are in are also from the new guys, they also developed our LR and HV 306 atoms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread