Laser Prototype Beta Testing in progress...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrsIken

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
PA USA
When I first got my Chameleon I actually looked for orings (even spent time looking at earring/piercing sites b/c they had some cool looking oring type items). Never followed through b/c I wasn't sure what size to order. Now with the laser I may have to order in 2 different sizes! Anyone know exactly what size for the laser and Chameleon?

I don't know about the lasers b/c they come w/rings on them... but the Chameleon o-rings you can find at lowe's or home depot (or any hardware store) in the plumbing department size 41. You get 10 of them for like $1.97 or something.

Thyestean

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2009
Upstate NY
Nicer pics than mine and yes, that color does look closer to mine than my photos turned out. You're right, I imagine they're the same color. Question though, aren't "in hand" pics supposed to show your index/thumb at a right angle? :p

You do have a reputation as the "Pink & Purple Horder"!!!

lol ....

Yeah gotta love those "nice" crummy cell phone pics lol.

I did finally remember to bring my real camera in from my truck 2 nights ago though :thumb:

and I'll leave the other remark alone until I get the fitting device ;)

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
Just remember guys. Wrapping the Cartomizers could prove to be a little dangerous. Sometimes you can be burning them and inhaling burnt fibers without realizing it. Usually when this happens the factory installed wrapping will alter in a slight discoloration. By over lapping them, you will have to rely on pure taste. When the burning is first ignited and depending on what kind of liquid your using, it can be next to impossible to notice. Other than that, I think it's a brilliant idea for Atomizer's. Personally, I wouldn't wrap a KR8. Most of the time I have to visually notice the infamous very slightly darned circle.

JamBandPhan

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
OR
So far I have been using a wrapped Greencig Carto, it's not made the same way as the 808, so I am not concerned about burning filler. I do understand your point though Isaac, so if anyone has any doubt about wrapping a carto, just don't do it. They come in so many colors that you should not have to worry about it. I still have not had any problems from the heat, but again, I don't over heat my atomizers.

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
You guys move like lightening!
Nobody's given up on the DREAM yet!!! Right?!?!?

IMG_0005-1.jpg

IMG_0004-1.jpg
Unbelievable! Great work Mike!!! That just looks so amazing!
Awwww you're so sweet, thank you! After studying the LPV2s as close as I have, it is very amazing the amount of work he has done to make them into the finished product we receive. He is extremely talented. Now I have to ask, is the one in the picture actually HV with 2 10440 batteries in use?
Only saying it like it is Mrs Way! Yes maa'm that was HV on HV! I'm thinking beta, hehe

Is that the Mystery Modder's hand? Can I get those finger prints run through the database off that picture..... ;)
Haha!! Sadly, no those are mine. You know though. HTC Evo is going to have something similar to that technology! You take a photo and send it to google!! I WANT it!

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
So far I have been using a wrapped Greencig Carto, it's not made the same way as the 808, so I am not concerned about burning filler. I do understand your point though Isaac, so if anyone has any doubt about wrapping a carto, just don't do it. They come in so many colors that you should not have to worry about it. I still have not had any problems from the heat, but again, I don't over heat my atomizers.

Ahh very nice Jam! I was/am very curious about these Green cigs, a friend of mine was helping greatly but I lost his email! You hit the nail right on the head. That message wasn't geared towards the experienced but for the silent readers. Their masses out weigh the posters 10 fold. ;)

Wench

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
Pensacola, Fl.
To Jam,
I've ordered that stuff for a few years now ( that and gaffer's tape for hoops)
You need to seal the edges because it will lift, be careful with that on the atty. Alot of it's actually mylar and it will melt like no tomorrow (mine was accidentally left in sun for a short time and yuck)
If you liked Paper Street Plastics , also try Identi-tape. I probably have a few more links running around but those are the main 2 that I bought from. Also try fishing lure suppliers, it's the same thing and some carry different sheet sizes and color's/patterns..

Last edited:

JamBandPhan

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
OR
I started out looking at Identi-tape, wrapping hoops is what gave me the idea. I know that tape sticks pretty well on my hoop. I just stumbled onto the other place on ebay. I was looking for wider tape, and found the sheets. I was thinking about using clear nail polish on the seam, it does tend to lift up just enough to catch it on my fingers. Thanks for the tip on the fishing lure shops, I will have to look into that. Here is a pic of me hooping at the High Sierra Music Fest in '05
NWsummertrip2005141.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread