KR808D-1 MEGA Beta test in progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

thelook

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin
If you feel like it, take a picture of the long cartos on an XL batt. I'd like to see it!

here ya go, I put another one beside it(copper) of a regular 808 carto to compare.
271.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:

AngusATAT

Captain Tightpants
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2009
GA, USA
Ok, some interesting findings...

I vaped with it for quite a while tonight at 6v. Because of the burning taste, I wasn't inhaling, but would blow it out immediately. I kept this up for a few hours, then decided to cut the carto open and see what kind of damage it had. Sorry for not having pics, but the wife is working tonight, as has our camera with her.

Anyway, as for the results:

There was absolutely no burning in the filler whatsoever. There was a little discoloration, but not even the tiniest little burn spot. This leads me to believe that it was just too much voltage for the juice I was using, and that is where the burning taste was coming from. I was actually surprised. I figured there had to be some burning going on. If I tried 6v with any of my other cartos, I know they'd get burned, so I'm fairly impressed.

I've never really liked vaping on an atomizer at 6v because the juice I use just doesn't seem to like it, so it makes sense that it would be the same with a carto.

Good thing Iken gave me two to try out. Now I can slap the second one on my Wetbox. That is some great vaping.

thelook

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin
Day 2 cont....

Just put it on 5V (stompbox)....wow...nice!!!
No burn taste, lots of vapor!
Will try it later on my other 5V

Side note: went out last night and needed a longer batt life but did not want to carry a mod, so I used a 510/901 adaptor and popped the Beta Carto on my eGo, worked great!

End of day 2:

I have now used the carto on 2 5v pv's tonight and it is still going strong and no burn taste, of course topping off every 3 hours instead of four, because of higher voltage.
I am still using the same carto I started with ( I was sent 2 and 1 in unused), I have used it on 5 different devices over the last 36 hours and it still tastes good.

And as I always have to add, I vape heavy.

thelook: Thanks! I held my XL up to your picture. On my screen it was a perfect match to actual size, so I now have a good idea of the length. WAY COOL! BTW, is there some type of whistle tip attached to the long carto, or do they come that way?

Ikenvape: Any hint when you'll be taking orders? I also agree that stainless would be great.

thelook

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin
thelook: Thanks! I held my XL up to your picture. On my screen it was a perfect match to actual size, so I now have a good idea of the length. WAY COOL! BTW, is there some type of whistle tip attached to the long carto, or do they come that way?

Ikenvape: Any hint when you'll be taking orders? I also agree that stainless would be great.

You are more than welcome!
I have a drip tip in the carto, that does add a little to the size:)

aspen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2009
Ca.
I filled mine up this morning and took it to work for 5hrs.I used a 5v device and it was great.I didnt vape as heavy as normal,and it lasted the whole time.I refilled and the first carto is still going strong.Im pretty impressed.

I would love these in stainless.

You guys are clocking in some serious duration times with these. When these come in I will odering some.(hopefully stainless) Funny, every week a new novelty item comes out. Love watching the ecig morph as I am sure all of you do.
Thanks to all testers for your feedback, it definitely helps all of us.

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
Yes sir! We're looking at 2-3 more days for delivery. ;)
You guys are clocking in some serious duration times with these. When these come in I will ordering some.(hopefully stainless) Funny, every week a new novelty item comes out. Love watching the ecig morph as I am sure all of you do.
Thanks to all testers for your feedback, it definitely helps all of us.
Morphing is the greatest thing of this vaping world! We're actually experimenting with Drip tips ;) I'll see what I can do about getting these in Stainless.
Well, I'm on my second carto... obviously. Alternating between the GLV2, the Buzz, and the Wetbox. I'm sticking to voltages between 3.7v and 5v, as 6v just makes my juice taste nasty and burned. I'm telling ya, it's very tasty on the Wetbox. I think I prefer that over using it at 5v.
Haha Don't torture yourself Angus! It may be best not to use these guys at 6V. It seems the consensus agrees that the Mega is a 5V winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread