KR808D-1 to 510 Atty Adapter Fail :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
Mar 14, 2009
New Jersey
www.nhaler.com
Look Im really sorry that this happened...I was unaware that these adapters didnt work on certain batts...If I had known I certainly would of stated that...I certainly wouldnt intentionally sell adapters to decieve anyone into buying adapters that I can barely keep in stock...I have different types of these and this is the first complaint or concern that I have had with these...Im really scratching my head here as to why someone would come to this thread and start to attack my ethics or my business over an adapter, and make personal accusations, and comments about whether I care about my customers???
Maybe I should reread the thread or something??? I have PMed the OP and offered a resolution...I spoke to the person they spoke to and they said they didnt want a resolution but just wanted to let us know that they wouldnt work, so I guess I will have to wait until they reply...
Drew

MrHyde

ECF Veteran
Dec 9, 2009
Clovis, NM (USA)
Wow...what a comotion I've started here. That wasn't my intention...I was just a bit upset for various reasons, mostly caused by myself.

Here's the skivvy of it:

I'd been wanting to try dripping lately so it would be easier to try flavors that I've mixed as to not waste so much liquid in a cartomizer. So I did a bit of research coming to the conclusion that a 510 atty would be my best bet. So I'd been wanting to order from NHaler for awhile and thought this would be a good chance.

So I ordered the KR808D-1 to 510 Adapter from NHaler: here's the link >>
KR808D-1 > 510 Adapter

I got it in the mail and was so excited to finally be able to try dripping! I made sure everything was there and immediately started assembling it onto my KR8 battery. I tried inhaling and nothing happened...I then took it apart and noticed that it was "sealed" so no air could reach the battery sensor.

Now, I've only been vaping for almost 2 months now with auto batteries from V4L and I love it. So I had no manuals to try it out. I was a bit flustered and gave the people at NHaler a call to make sure I got the right product. Now I might've blown things out of proportion by saying I felt yelled at, but the person I spoke with had an irritated tone of voice with me and just kinda told me I had the right product saying that the picture on the website is chrome while you ordered black yada yada. That just irked me so I told him he should notate the item's description that it only works on manual batteries and didn't want to say much more so he said thankyou and I said sure.

So after posting here and in the V4L subforum (since it applies to both, using NHaler's adapter and V4L's battery) I got a few responses and someone told me how they drilled a small hole just to the side of the sealed part. Well, I tried that, the sealed part popped out and the wire connection broke. I tried putting it back together, having the wire touching but had no sodering iron to actually permanently attach it. I tried it on my battery and after sucking very hard it kinda worked. I then tried it on my PT and then it shorted out my PT and stopped working.

So all in all, I was the one that cost myself more money $9 adapter + $7 shipping, and $15 PT dead. Sure, I wouldn't be able to use the adapter (without trying to mod it) without having to buy another battery, but it was my own fault for trying to make something work that wasn't meant to work with what I had.

Basically all I wanted this thread to be about was to let people know that the adapter only works on manual batteries, it being sealed and all. I didn't mean for this to be blown out of proportion.

Drew, thankyou for pming me and offering to replace the adapter with one that would work. However, since I tried to mod it to work with the auto batteries and ended up breaking it (among other things), you shouldn't be responsible for replacing it.

Now then people, that's what happened...no need to continue the harshness going on here.

Up In Vapor

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2009
Knoxville, TN
Thank you MrHyde for clarifying the issue, I definitely appreciate your situation.
My only beef was with how the thread seemed to be going into the direction of bashing Drew and I know that was not your fault. Sorry you went through this whole mess. I think when you DO finally get to try them, you will really like the 510 attys. Best of luck to you!

Ed

natura

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2009
USA-Western NY
Goodness- I had no idea that my input could be referred to as Bashing Drew. Not my intention. I was simply an unbiased prospective "future buyer" for Nahler. Giving my perceptioins and my thoughts of what I was reading and seeing.( GLass half full- Nahler sees what I see)

BTW on My first post- I missed the info that I was posting within NHaler. (Probably would NOT have posted has I seen that first)

My second post- Was merely my response to forum owner based on him addressing me. ( I was taught rude and disrespectful- not to respond to someone addressing you)

Third was replying to alphafemale -Especially since I had ignored her previous post refering to my post.

I did not bother to respond to one's that got HOT at my perspective and opinion as an outsider. They obviously saw the glass as half empty and were OVER protective.

My sincere apologies at sharing my insights within this forum. I never intended on bashing anyone and Drew if you felt that way MY Apology.
I spoke up -most people wouldn't bother to let you know the impression you were leaving an outsider. I am glad to see a conclusion.

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
Mar 14, 2009
New Jersey
www.nhaler.com
Thanks MrHyde,
I feel terrible about this whole mess as well...I do humbly accept your apologies and return the gesture of an open hand...As for Natura Im still not sure I fully understand any of your posts, as they all seem to have some secret meaning attached to them...I do apologize if I or one of my freinds here seemed overprotective or rude, but I also have a sense of pride and gratitude that these folks who for all intensive purposes could have been total strangers once, have eleavated their opinion of me enough to defend me...I think this is the true Magic of the ECF and the freindships we share here...On the other hand I have seen things go astray from time to time in the opposite direction and cause random shirmishes, that for some reason are just so DAMNED intresting that it persuades us away from our primary goals and the reason most of us come here (for help) and dilutes perspectives...SO anyway HAPPY VAPING to all...Thanks
Drew

mwahle1

ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL. USA
I just want to say that I ordered from Nhaler only one time, but experienced good customer service. Before my purchase, I had questions about one of Drew’s products and he answered all of my questions in a fast, professional manner. He even threw in some extra batteries with my order. This sums up my experience with Nhaler.

natura

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2009
USA-Western NY
As for Natura Im still not sure I fully understand any of your posts, as they all seem to have some secret meaning attached to them...I do apologize if I or one of my freinds here seemed overprotective or rude, but I also have a sense of pride and gratitude that these folks who for all intensive purposes could have been total strangers once, have eleavated their opinion of me enough to defend me...I think this is the true Magic of the ECF and the freindships we share here...On the other hand I have seen things go astray from time to time in the opposite direction and cause random shirmishes, that for some reason are just so DAMNED intresting that it persuades us away from our primary goals and the reason most of us come here (for help) and dilutes perspectives...SO anyway HAPPY VAPING to all...Thanks
Drew

No secret meaning at all. No apology necessary. Glad things worked out.

crashtestjeep

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2009
Wilmington, NC
www.myspace.com
<----Happy everything got resolved ;)

Now, Drew....while I have ur attention (lol) You by chance plan on stocking lower ohm attys? :D If so, lemme know when, I have tried a few from some members here before anyone started selling HV attys and I fell in love! I know you have HV attys (I bought some :)) and thought maybe if you were going higher ohm, you may sell some lower ohm too....

MrHyde

ECF Veteran
Dec 9, 2009
Clovis, NM (USA)
<----Happy everything got resolved ;)

Well yes...my resolution was resolved by ordering from a different distributor that has what I actually need, adapters for auto batteries at 1/3rd the price :) I didn't loose too much money in this little adventure, only $31. But all is good nyaoi :D

Darrigaaz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2009
New Mexico, USA
I'm so glad that ecf exists. It's posts like this that save me so much money! I've actually been tempted to get an atty to go with my KR808D-1 auto battery, and now I know that this wouldn't be the supplier for me.

Thanks OP for putting the results here and saving me the headache. Please post with an update when you do get a working atty for autos, and where you got it from so I know where to order mine from. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread