Labelled Battery Resistance (Regulated Only)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeathlessVoid

Sep 19, 2021
Hey everyone,

I've searched for answers to this question but am still unsure of the answer.

I only use regulated mods.
I'm using the new Sakerz tank (0.17 and 0.16 coils, sometimes ohms down a bit lower to 0.15 or 0.14).

It's absolutely eating through my single 21700 battery mod (and juice :p) so I want to start using my dual 18650 Aegis Legend again.

My question is:
I'm using Hohmtech Hohm Work 2. I've looked at Mooch's ratings for this battery.
The battery is labelled to have no resistance lower than 0.16.

Since this is a dual battery mod, does that mean the resistance can go as low as 0.08? Or is it not safe to vape the Sakerz on a dual 18650 mod because the ohms are right at the threshold (and sometimes a tad lower) than the labelled resistance?

vaping at 65-70w.

Sorry if this is a dumb question. I just want to be safe!

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

The battery is labelled to have no resistance lower than 0.16.

Since this is a dual battery mod, does that mean the resistance can go as low as 0.08? Or is it not safe to vape the Sakerz on a dual 18650 mod because the ohms are right at the threshold (and sometimes a tad lower) than the labelled resistance?

Here is a quick Guide that Explains how Unregulated Dual Battery Mods Work.

Unregulated Parallel vs. Unregulated Series Box Mods

I would Never suggest building down to the Bleeding Edge of what a Battery(s) are supposed to be able to handle on a Mech Mod.

Because if you are like 99.99% of e-Cigarette users, You Don't have a way to Accurately Measure Ohms. And Very Small Errors in Measurements can yield surprisingly Large amounts of Amps to Not Be Calculated.

That, and All these Mathematical Calculations are based on Brand New Batteries doing Exactly what they should be doing.

Just build a little Higher and give yourself a Safety Margin.

Last edited:

Superuser187

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2020
Athens
U say u use only regulated mods so u need to check mooches info about that...

Resistance doesnt matter in REGULATED mods and only what wattage u gonna vape.....u can find what mooch suggest in terms of batteries to use for the wattage u gonna vape and also read lots of info about those mods...

Building that low in my opinion its just unessesary in reg mods....just do more wraps if u want more vapor and make sure u got good batteries

DeathlessVoid

Sep 19, 2021
U say u use only regulated mods so u need to check mooches info about that...

Resistance doesnt matter in REGULATED mods and only what wattage u gonna vape.....u can find what mooch suggest in terms of batteries to use for the wattage u gonna vape and also read lots of info about those mods...

Building that low in my opinion its just unessesary in reg mods....just do more wraps if u want more vapor and make sure u got good batteries

I'm not building. I'm using a Sakerz tank. I think 0.16 are pretty standard ohms.

• Winner
Reactions: Superuser187

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
That's great for unregulated mods and rebuildables.

Neither of which I'm using, nor am going to use.

As @Superuser187 said, resistance doesn't really matter with regulated mods. The key metric there is wattage.

The Hohmtech Hohm Work 2 has a 25 A CDR, so your wattage limit per battery is:

25 * 3 = 75 watts

Which gives you a 150 watt limit for a two battery, regulated mod. Note that the batteries won't tend to work very efficiently as you get closer to the limit, so for to get the most out of your batteries you'd want to either stay under about 110 watts or switch to a pair of 30 A batteries.

Conclusion: At your 65 - 70 watts, your Sakerz setup should be fine.

Vaping at 65-70w.

Sorry if this is a dumb question. I just want to be safe!

Good call - best to ask when you're not sure. For what it's worth, if you were using an unregulated mod, it would depend on whether you were using a parallel or series mod. You'd be fine if it were parallel, but if it were series it would actually increase, not decrease, the minimum resistance.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I'm not building. I'm using a Sakerz tank. I think 0.16 are pretty standard ohms.

My Mistake.

I thought you were moving to a Dual Battery Mech for better Battery Life.

BTW - The Ohms of whatever you put on a Regulated Mod has Nothing to do with what the Battery(s) can handle. So all that Stuff about 0.16 or 0.08 Ohms is Meaningless.

It's the Watts that matters on a Regulated Mod.

DeathlessVoid

Sep 19, 2021
Okay, thanks everyone. This is what I gathered from watching Mooch's videos and reading his stuff, but I still wanted to be 100% on this. I usually vape 0.20 and 0.40 coils, so the 0.16 in the Sakerz is the lowest I've ever vaped so I've never had any questions about it.

Seeing the "0.16 lowest resistance" on the battery had me second guessing my safety. I'm chalking that up to being there mostly for unregulated mods since that is where it matters. So watts is what matters for regulated.

I appreciate all of the help! Hopefully this will help others in the same situation in the future as well. Cheers.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    That's great for unregulated mods and rebuildables. Neither of which I'm using, nor am going to use.
    Ya but..
    It's the Watts that matters on a Regulated Mod.
    Yep. Electricity is electricity, understand one (to whatever agree) and you understand the other. Watch out for atoms though, they make everything up you know. :cool:

Reactions: zoiDman
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread