18650 BATTERIES: HOW LONG DO THEY LAST & WHEN TO REPLACE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EZGOER

Verified Member
Dec 2, 2015
Hello everyone. I was just curious about 18650 batteries. How long do they last? When should I replace them? How do I tell if I need to replace them? I am currently using a Smoant Battlestar mod, a dual 18650 battery mod. I run this mod at 70w-80w, using pre-built 0.15 ohm coils in my sub-ohm tank. Thanks for any help, and thanks to everyone for helping me with everything in the past.

EZGOER

Verified Member
Dec 2, 2015
Hello, Mooch. Thanks for replying so quickly, and thanks for showing me some things to look for. I have a single 18650 mod that I like to carry around with me when I'm out and about (the Battlestar is a little to big and heavy for me to carry around). Anyway, when I'm using this single mod at around 50-55w with 0.3 and 0.5 ohm coils the LED screen will show "low battery warning" when I try vape, but the screen also shows that the battery is half charged, perhaps a little more. Mod works fine until I get to that half charge point. I never get this type of warning with the Battlestar using the same battery, paired with another of course. Is there a problem with my mod? my battery?

Thanks again

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    Hello, Mooch. Thanks for replying so quickly, and thanks for showing me some things to look for. I have a single 18650 mod that I like to carry around with me when I'm out and about (the Battlestar is a little to big and heavy for me to carry around). Anyway, when I'm using this single mod at around 50-55w with 0.3 and 0.5 ohm coils the LED screen will show "low battery warning" when I try vape, but the screen also shows that the battery is half charged, perhaps a little more. Mod works fine until I get to that half charge point. I never get this type of warning with the Battlestar using the same battery, paired with another of course. Is there a problem with my mod? my battery?

Thanks again

That's fairly common. A pair of batteries is a more efficient setup than a single battery. Also, when two batteries are showing half charged you still have the (rough) equivalent of a full battery left.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread