• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Ladies, do you have pets? Or do pets have you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serianna

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2012
San Diego
Okies pictures as promised! Company is gone (YAY) holiday week off from school for the kids is over (YAY) and I had the morning to myself finally! I took these with my phone after feeding right now, since its the only time these guys will sit still.

image-21.jpg

This is one of our Emu's, its a female, both our males are currently sitting on nests and if I come by with a camera it will make them abandon the nests. If you follow the fence to the right of the emu you can see one of the other females in the back pen as a shadow.

image-22.jpg

This is our male horse Jake. Rescued him from someone who was starving him here in town a few years back, the other horses we took in back then all have passed on, he was the youngest. Very sweet and loving.

image-25.jpg

This is our female Daphne. Shes a huge brat. Ex wild mustang with the brand to prove it. Another rescue that we took in, the family who had her previously mistreated her badly from when she was a colt and captured. Shes ride-able by someone extremely experienced, but even then you better hold on in case she gets it in her head she doesn't like you anymore.

Please forgive the image sizes... Photobucket along with my very slow connection is being a huge pain right now, and also forgive the state of my property... Its been hard to get out and keep stuff repaired with everyone that was running around here!

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
IMG_0002.jpg

Onomatopoeia (Poeia) is a Mitred Conure. There's no doubt about who owns whom. I wasn't in the market for a big bird. I went to the pet store to make boarding reservations for my parakeet for Thanksgiving weekend. Poeia, who was about 6 weeks old at the time, took one look at me and decided that I was her person.

19 years later, she is still convinced that she is an only child despite the fact that Annabella, the Yellow-Collar Macaw, has been living here since she was 5 months old. It will be 15 years next week and Poeia still isn't quite ready to share me.
IMG_0011.jpg

(Yes, Annabella is mangy. She plucks. But she's still cute.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread