Large bottles for storage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pissy

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Somewhere
Any reason not to use like a 1L premium water bottle? (already supposed to drink extra water, treat yourself to a liter of Perrier :) )

I read here somewhere that you should use dark colored bottles for longer storage. I don't know that I've ever seen water in this type of bottle but thanks for the suggestion.

I think you want to at least use colored plastic. My bottle of nic seems like PET (blue), though maybe LDPE works, at least that is what a lot of the small squeeze bottles are. Look at SKS Bottles. I want to say that they had some big brown glass relatively cheap. My brother (chem doc student) said he didn't think that blue/brown mattered much. There's more expensive glass rated USP Grade 1 or something, but IDK if it matters much.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
I actually store my stuff in an organizer in the basement, mark things with a label maker.
Reasonably cool, dry, unexposed to uv sources are the parameters, doesn't really need a refrigerator.
Us plastics has up to 8 ounce blue pet bottles, or 32 ounce clear pet. Don't forget caps if you choose to buy them.

Pissy

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Somewhere
Hey guys, I think I found a really inexpensive plastic bottle! So I was just cruising through the grocery store, looking for something that might work and I found lots of non-clear bottles. Clothes soap, coffee creamer, ovaltine, soda pop, etc. Then i came across a 64oz brown plastic bottle. I have to drink a lot of prune juice in order to use it:facepalm:, I guess it's a good thing that I like prunes. Add to that the benefit of a good cleansing (if you know what I mean:blink:), kill 2 birds with 1 stone!

Well, bottoms up!
:lol:

deback

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
Michigan
I'm using a 32 oz plastic bottle that used to contain cherry juice concentrate (from Meijer) and another 64 oz bottle that contained liquid hand soap (from Walmart). They work fine, as long as you clean them out really good. I've had no problems at all with the liquid I'm storing in these two bottles. They're both stored on a shelf inside my bedroom closet and have been there since the middle or end of October.

Pissy

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Somewhere
I'm pretty sure these bottles will work, however, trying to empty them too fast is having some serious complications. I have never had prune juice actually "work" before. I had 2 large glasses last night and spent a good 2 hours in and out (mostly in) the bathroom. But now I've given everyone more info than they probably wanted :oops:! Yeah, I suppose I should just transfer the juice to another container, should have done that last nite :laugh:!

They may very well work.. I don't know the mechanics behind the juices interacting with PET or whatever your bottles are made of. The glass in USP-grade labware is made special to not have certain things that will exchange with chemicals. Whatever floats your boat, but I will reiterate that I don't think it is a good idea or good advice in general. A decent sized amber round isn't much more than a big bottle of juice or whatever, but most places we're buying from aren't offering them.

All we need for a government crackdown is some story about a kid drinking what he thought is grandpa's prune juice and dying of nic overdose, so just please be careful.

5vz

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2011
in here somewhere USA
Found this website, they have every kind and size of bottle you would need:

Large Boston Round Glass Bottles - Specialty Bottle

There are lots of sites with lots of prices available with a quick google search, so if you want 32 oz blue bottles google that, or 32 oz amber bottles, you get the idea. I just found lots of them. The above link is just one. Hope that helps.

Also, there is a nic juice vendor that uses the blue glass bottles, can't think of the name, maybe they would sell some empty ones?

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Found this website, they have every kind and size of bottle you would need:

Large Boston Round Glass Bottles - Specialty Bottle

There are lots of sites with lots of prices available with a quick google search, so if you want 32 oz blue bottles google that, or 32 oz amber bottles, you get the idea. I just found lots of them. The above link is just one. Hope that helps.

Also, there is a nic juice vendor that uses the blue glass bottles, can't think of the name, maybe they would sell some empty ones?

I've bought many different things from this company and they have worked great.

One thing to note. The shipping doesn't always increase when you add another item into the cart. So if the have what ever you want to buy in the cart, you might find that adding another small item or two doesn't make the shipping go up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread