Last place you were asked to stop vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Ohio
Outside of a hospital by security who told me this was a smoke free zone. I said that's nice and explained I was vaping....he had no response
Where I live all of the hospitals and medical buildings have banned e cig/vaping use anywhere on campus along with most public places here now. I have not been asked to stop because I don't vape openly in public but I have seen other vapers being asked to stop even to leave places and they have been decent about it when asked.

Where I live all of the hospitals and medical buildings have banned e cig/vaping use anywhere on campus along with most public places here now. I have not been asked to stop because I don't vape openly in public but I have seen other vapers being asked to stop even to leave places and they have been decent about it when asked.
I was nice I'm not the ignorant type lol

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
Dillworth Plaza, in Center City Philadelphia. This is a large outdoor plaza, and I was rather innocuously standing off to the side. And security personnel asked me to leave / stop vaping. I was kind of incredulous, but ultimately found it kind of chuckle-worthy.
Now you know Center City security always act like what they are doing is the most important thing in the world; more so when the actions of someone else isn't even bothering them or anyone else.
I would've felt like you did merely because they went out of their way to harass ME!

Sgt. Pepper

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2011
Buffalo Wild Wings. After vaping there since 2008, the owner decided to axe it because one person complained at one of his 8 locations. They were worried about perception. Perception, really? I explained to management that they cook wings in lard, people come and get wasted at their establishment, and gamble on football (in Delaware it's legal to bet on football), and you're worried about perception.:lol:

Last edited:

Bayou14

Feb 22, 2015
Bush, LA
Had a lady ask me how expensive it was to have my breathalyzer installed. While starting my truck, I was hitting my pipe. Apparently she had been busted for DUI and in Louisiana 1st offense DUI requires you to have a breathalyzer ignition switch put in. She was pretty embarrassed when I told her what it was. As odd as it sounds, I now start the vehicle first, then puff away. I didn't think anything of it, but a LOT of people have these ignition switches in their vehicle.

SailCat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2009
Beaverton, OR
www.SailCat.com
I've never been asked to quit vaping as I always as (in restaurants and bars) if it's allowed. What has surprised me is that the vast majority say it's OK, which response is generally followed by appreciation that I asked first.

In a similar vein, I vape outdoors (concerts, festvals and the like) without drawing comment. When I first did so, I was extremely self-consious but gradually came ti realize that few others notice it, even with the 18650 tube mod I used to use.

Reactions: mauricem00

LobsterGoD

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2009
I have never been asked to stop vaping anywhere i go, but I do happen to live in one of the places where no bans have been placed on public vaping. I do refrain from blowing clouds in public now as i have been called an inconsiderate ...... a few times for that, which was completely unwarranted as i was outside and the people who said this were several yards away.

hmar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2014
United States
Once in an airport, once at a local mall (in the parking lot, the mall has a property wide smoking ban that security tells me extends to vaping)
Generally I don't vape indoors, it banned at work and my wife won't let me in the house. It's probably for the best, I don't like to think about how much juice I would go through with nothing to stop my vaping.

DreamWithin

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2012
New England
once at a local mall (in the parking lot, the mall has a property wide smoking ban that security tells me extends to vaping)

That's the only place I've been asked to stop so far, and how I found out their smoking ban was property-wide and not just indoors. Fortunately I only go there once or twice a year, if that, so no biggie for me.

Dale Freed

May 29, 2015
I can't remember the last time I was asked. Usually, I get a few people who give me that look (you know the one), and usually have the common sense to keep my clouds to a minimum. When I am out in public I generally make a show of pulling out my vape and tugging on it so people know that I am not smoking a cigarette. Where I live they have an excellent vape shop that the community knows about and accept those who vape. They have educated themselves to know that it many times better then smoking. I love Phoenixville.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I was in the local Chili's restaurant, had already ordered, and the manager came up and informed me of their national policy not to allow ecigs inside. Naturally, he waited until I ordered before telling me.

I put it up and made a decision not to come back except on occasion when my wife wants ribs from there (she quit cold turkey and doesn't vape). He got one more check paid by a vaping customer. Eventually, I think most restaurants will have a no vaping policy and it's probably inevitable that ecigs will be outlawed by more state, city, and county governments. Clean air is the wave of the future.

I want to see body odor not allowed in restaurants, also. That includes strong cologne, sweat, and bad breath!

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I tend to stealth vape most everywhere. Chili's is the only place I've been asked not to. This morning my wife and I took the nephews to see the kids matinee at the local theater. I stealth vaped and blew it down my shirt. No one turned and looked and we were in seats with blank spaces between us and the nearest people (on purpose).

In 5 years of vaping, I've only been asked to stop once. I vape in malls, restaurants, shows, movies, and other places that we frequent. I've vaped all over several Wamarts and grocery stores with not even a strange look from employees. I get a lot of people who walk over and ask me about my vaping. They want to know if I quit smoking, how much does it cost, and where they can buy one. The positives are greater than the negatives. If people don't see us vape, they won't be able to ask questions and make a decision to quit without the hassle of cold turkey and nic tablets.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread