Last place you were asked to stop vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

otrpu

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2010
Colorado
Happens to me too often. Anyone else?

Feb 6th was my last vape. But, when I vaped. . .I vaped everywhere. Store manager at King Soopers told me I couldn't vape in the store. I told him he ought to be a selling the damn things. . .not banning them. Left a full grocery buggy and went to Safeway. JMHO

Cheers,
otrpu

Heders

Jul 25, 2012
Sweden
The only time has been at work. I sat at my desk, stealth vaping times a thousand (holding in the vapor until it does not exist anymore). No one around me complained, but I got an extremely dirty look from an ... kissing employe five metres away from me when I had the PV in my mouth.

After work she pulled me aside and asked me, and I quote: how I could be so .....ing stupid.

She complains about everything and is a real pain in the ... (and gives back rubs to all the supervisors and bosses), so I don't really care what she thinks.

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
The only time has been at work. I sat at my desk, stealth vaping times a thousand (holding in the vapor until it does not exist anymore). No one around me complained, but I got an extremely dirty look from an ... kissing employe five metres away from me when I had the PV in my mouth.

After work she pulled me aside and asked me, and I quote: how I could be so .....ing stupid.

She complains about everything and is a real pain in the ... (and gives back rubs to all the supervisors and bosses), so I don't really care what she thinks.

Actually it sounds as if you REALLY LIKE HER. Just find some time to talk to her when the k-ends aren't around. :)

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
i treat mine sorta like a smoke.... every place cep't for home ill go outside BUT i don't observe the 15ft away from the door rule.

and to answer your question i got asked to stop vaping at a bar i went to. you'd think a dirty a** dive wouldnt care but they did

It's usually the dumps that make a fuss. Good pubs want their customers to be happy. :)

Reactions: Jorychi

dead not sleeping

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2014
Land of Thunder, Upstate NY
I've been stopped by the cops twice now with my Triton. The first cop understood what it was and had no problems. The second time, a rookie with an attitude searched my vehicle and couldn't find anything, breaking an item of mine in the process of throwing all my stuff on the ground. He turned into a real dikhead, and called in the K-9 unit. When the K-9 cop got there, a captain with rank, and was shown the "drug device", he started laughing uncontrollably. He was a vaper himself, the dog stayed in the truck. The clueless look on the other cops face was precious. The 2nd cop made the first cop put all my stuff back in my truck "where you found it." Reluctantly, he did. "Sorry sir." Captain K-9 couldn't stop laughing. "What about the damage?" I said, and threw out a number twice what the item was worth. :evil: I had a check delivered to me the next day. :toast:

Watch out for this when you are driving. Though legal, they usually will find something else to ruin your day. Then you are screwed.

dns

Reactions: Jorychi

Mutescream

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2014
Florida, USA
Work. This policy was brought into play by someone that is simultaneously a strict enforcer of the rules, and says "that's different" whenever an aspect of same rule applies to them. Such as the clean air policy to stop vaping (even though vaping is not mentioned) and ignoring it by using strong smelling perfumes/lotions (which is specifically prohibited by said policy).

devil495

Dec 6, 2013
Joisey
At the Elks Lodge. I asked the bartender if it was OK to vape and she said yes, that since there was no real smoke it was fine. After taking a few puffs she said she liked the aroma (Tribeca). A few minutes later a guy at the bar (who sounded like he might have had a few too many) loudly objected. He said he understood it wasn't "smoke", couldn't smell anything, but that he was a cigarette smoker and that seeing me vape made him want to smoke a cigarette, which he was trying to quit. So rather than make a scene I went outside to vape with the smokers.

jpargana

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
Portugal
Only place I've been asked to stop: in my car. by my wife. she was just psssd cuz she couldn't have a cigarette.
(I have given her a setup, she just hasn't switched yet!)

I did see this sign yesterday. You can tell from the little palm trees in the background - it's at In-N-Out.
No-Smoking.jpg

"Please no drinking. Including NA-beer." :(

havent been asked to stop vaping anywhere yet.. caught a collegue at work getting a vape off in store.. wasnt into vaping at the time but afaik company policy only bans smoking cigarettes and the law only applies to tobacco products :} lol so i tried out that vape too ;p Really dont have a problem personally with ppl vaping at work.. theres no ashes , no butts lingering around , and no fire hazard (badly put out cigs are notorious for this).

baseballmom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2013
SE PA
sincemylastcigarette.com
outside the courthouse during jury duty break-unlabeled area to smoke-I was about 3 strides away from being in "the zone"-ah see jury duty sitting in a boring room for hours at a time must have fuzzed my brain-they should post it(the smoking area) or maybe I didn't see it or old security guy seemed to have a bone to pick with anyone and everyone that day-I am fine with going to the designated smoking area, just clearly let us know where it is and don't have a cow if only a few feet out of it-smoker or vaper-especially if one is already on way going there walking-chill a tad-lol

cyndezu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Happens to me too often. Anyone else?

Had that happen to me at a burger joint right next to a vape shop. I wasn't vaping, just checking out my new purchase while waiting for my order. The waiter was very apologetic and said he thought they were cool, but the mgt had a strict NO Vaping policy. I told him no problem and shoved it down in my purse. Just the sight of an e-cig freaks some people out. :shock:

Bimini Twist

Twisted Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2012
Redneck Riviera
www.mboyd.com
After over a year of relatively discrete vaping in planes and theaters and openly vaping in restaurants, malls, bars, etc,... it finally happened. The brand spanking new Margaritaville in Destin, FL told us that vaping is against company policy. The bartenders didn't say anything, but a passing waitress did and a manager confirmed it. We left in a huff (and a puff).

I suspect the locals won't care much for the place anyway. It is a huge tourist trap with an overwhelming number of T-shirt shops for one building. It is definitely not getting my or my friends' business. They remodeled one of the older buildings on the harbor and tore down the stairs that faced the fishing fleet and other harbor businesses. They built new stairs that face a ritzy hotel and its touristy store fronts. As if they're ashamed of what this harbor is really about.

Never cared for Jimmy's political views. And this place really conflicts with the lifestyle he portrays in his music. A lifestyle that is lived and loved by many people in the Redneck Riviera.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread