• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Lately.... (Warning: Rantings)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crixus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2012
Autocratic State
So much time and effort to prosecute vapers, but minimal initiative in curbing tobacco use. I've read the official releases, and can think of a few other reasons why myself - all cut no ice with me.

It's really a sad state of affairs that people who are proactively trying to improve their health status are forced to "fly under the radar" like this, so to speak.

In the meantime:
View attachment 278109

:vapor:_|_:vapor:

Because like with all governments money >anything else. What is sad is what other people decide what good for us or not. Doesn't mean I was born at whichever country means they own my body and mind. I thought paying my taxes was my tribute to them to leave me the hell alone hehehe.

Also, you making me damn jealous can?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

dragonl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2013
Dragon Lair
Because like with all governments money >anything else. What is sad is what other people decide what good for us or not. Doesn't mean I was born at whichever country means they own my body and mind. I thought paying my taxes was my tribute to them to leave me the hell alone hehehe.

Also, you making me damn jealous can?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

To be honest, u are not paying enough. That's why ferrari drivers arent ban from driving if they breaks the rules.

Sent from my LG-E988 using Tapatalk

Sigmazxcs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
The Land of ERP and Pee-A-Pee
And now I'm in to rant. :(
I have to agree that the government is beyond reason.

To think that our leaders does not give 2 hoots to our welfare. So much for healthy loving programs from the MOH. They rather we die of lung cancer than to let us evade tobacco tax. Want to live longer also cannot.

Just about to start vapes (don't judge me please, I know i know too little to rant now), but got my stuffs detained. Now all I have is a bloody IGO-W sitting in my drawer. Damned be the men in white.

Dianhoonho

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2013
Chinaphilipore
I sympathize with you...mine also kena cheong-gong by MIW. :( Those bloodsuckers in white just have to wake up their idea, if they can allow nic gum/patch and crazy pills to make u want to commit suicide (curb-smoking pills), isn't ejuice so much more safer?

I've done all the "recommended" remedies but none of them helped, and since I started vaping 2 weeks ago...I cut down my 20yr analog habit by half, from 20 to less than 10 a day.

To think that our leaders does not give 2 hoots to our welfare. So much for healthy loving programs from the MOH. They rather we die of lung cancer than to let us evade tobacco tax. Want to live longer also cannot.

Just about to start vapes (don't judge me please, I know i know too little to rant now), but got my stuffs detained. Now all I have is a bloody IGO-W sitting in my drawer. Damned be the men in white.

a_e_u

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2013
here & now

Sorry to hear that, I would rant too if I were in your shoes.

ridermaut99

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2012
FINE City
Chewing gum was banned in Singapore in 1992 and was revised in 2004. Incorrect disposal of chewing gum on chairs, tables, floors and on the door sensors of the new metro system led to the ban. Regulations also did not make any provisions for personal use of quantities to be brought into Singapore. Therefore, bringing chewing gum into Singapore, even in small quantities was prohibited. In 2004 the Singapore Government recognized the proven health benefits of certain gums such as sugar-free gum that contains calcium lactate to strengthen tooth enamel. Medical gum was then allowed provided it was sold by a dentist or pharmacist who must take down the names of the buyers. Singapore is the only country with a chewing gum ban. Interesting Fact: The Chicago-based Wm. Wrigley Jr. Company enlisted the help of a Washington, D.C lobbyist and the chairman of the U.S. House Ways and Means Subcommittee on Trade, to get chewing gum on the agenda of the United States-Singapore Free Trade Agreement. This caused the 2004 revised ban allowing the medical improvement type gum.
(sourced from a website)
You knowwhat, sg is the only country that bans gum, and lifting the ban on ecig wont happen in a long.. time unless somebody somewhere persuaded our gahment the medicinal aspect of e cig and then it will be sold at pharmacies ..maybe..but then even as of now as i''m typing this, there are countries that are fighting against the ecig ban.

Last edited:

ssixtytwoo

Verified Member
Jan 14, 2014
anywhereforyou
shugs!

shipment got labeled tobacco at a certain forwarder.

ain't gonna ship in that package as i'm pretty well sure that package is gonna be taxed, and once it's opened up, prolly gonna get into a whole load of problems, any suggestions?

sure suck ttm as i'm currently vaping & off analogs for a good stretch of days (still early days though but vaping has helped curbed my crave for analogs)

Dianhoonho

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2013
Chinaphilipore
shugs!

shipment got labeled tobacco at a certain forwarder.

ain't gonna ship in that package as i'm pretty well sure that package is gonna be taxed, and once it's opened up, prolly gonna get into a whole load of problems, any suggestions?

sure suck ttm as i'm currently vaping & off analogs for a good stretch of days (still early days though but vaping has helped curbed my crave for analogs)

Sorry to say, it's good as gone. I got 2 invitations from gahmen when I tried US vendors, wasted 200+ liao.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

ssixtytwoo

Verified Member
Jan 14, 2014
anywhereforyou
Sorry to say, it's good as gone. I got 2 invitations from gahmen when I tried US vendors, wasted 200+ liao.

Sian! Basket, whether our packages go through or not actually depend a lot on the forwarder because from what I do know it's the forwarder marking/labeling the packages. (msged the juices fellows and they tell me that they Mark/label their packages as food flavoring/essential oils.)

More of a Heng/Sway thing already, previous shipment of juices labeled as Food Items lol.

Cheers.

g3rald

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2012
sg

2 only? i got more then 2 this month alone .
point to note is well known suppliers avoid IMHO . free shipping etc ( hint) .
lets try not waste more $

ssixtytwoo

Verified Member
Jan 14, 2014
anywhereforyou
True, so I always try to check with the vendor first. Sigh. All these kind of activities feel so criminal when we only wanted to improve our health and ditch bad habits

No use to check with the vendors my man. It's the forwarders who're actually labeling/marking the packages before sending em off for shipment. So it's a Heng/Sway thing man. Damn. lol. :(

wingwangwong

Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Tropical Paradise
No use to check with the vendors my man. It's the forwarders who're actually labeling/marking the packages before sending em off for shipment. So it's a Heng/Sway thing man. Damn. lol. :(

No way of contacting the forwarder, or getting the juice people to contact them? Haha, ask them to help out some poor fellows trying to quit smoking! Shouldn't be a lot of work on their part.

danny4x4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
London
Looking at the recent forum posts about receiving goods from vendors, etc...are we being too bold suddenly, talking about such things? especially so close to the MRT vapping fiasco recently.

Not a negative post, just pondering... :unsure:

DEFINITELY. I will never understand why there is a need to talk about what you're gonna get, what you ordered, what you received, how you received it, etc. Just making things difficult for yourselves and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread