Latest Mod at MV-The Bolt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burnside

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 1, 2011
Western Massachusetts
I'm thinking about buying one of these. I tried a friends the other day with a HH.357 1.5Ω LR atty with some diy fruit punch juice and I was completely blown away by the vapor, th, and flavor. The other mod I am considering is the Silver Bullet. Does anyone know if there are any significant differences between the Bolt and SB besides the price? Other than the price, it seems to me that the main difference would be the switch and the fact that there is an extension that can be used on the bolt for use with more than one battery type and voltage.

Sjkader

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2011
Mellette, SD
Ok here is my take on the Bolt. Picked up a red one and a black one. I also have an extension on both. We Vap at six volts using the 3 volt LiFePO4 batteries. Even with the extension the spring could be a little shorter. With two LiFePo4 stacked it takes a little effort to compress the spring to screw the top on. Also as states by others, the threads could have been machined a little better. The switch seems to be pretty good. Not too loose and not to tight. Button springs right back. The outer coating seems to be thick enough to take a beating. Its got a nice rough texture which should aid in keeping it in your hand. Overall it seems to be a well built mod. I like the side button but still prefer my Maxi Roughstack for build.

SethG

ECF Veteran
Nov 25, 2009
Topeka Kansas
www.network3d.net
We Vap at six volts using the 3 volt LiFePO4 batteries. Even with the extension the spring could be a little shorter. With two LiFePo4 stacked it takes a little effort to compress the spring to screw the top on.

I'm going to try this. I have a bunch of LiFePO4 batteries from a previous mod and got a 3ohm DC tank carto just for this purpose. The 18650s are a little tight as well, but nothing to worry about too much.

Sjkader

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2011
Mellette, SD
I'm going to try this. I have a bunch of LiFePO4 batteries from a previous mod and got a 3ohm DC tank carto just for this purpose. The 18650s are a little tight as well, but nothing to worry about too much.

I have not tried the 18650 yet as my brother has my only charger. as for six volts we enjoy a warm vapor so we use the 1.5ohm DC tank cartos.
Great review by the way. I think cutting the spring down just a hair would sure make closing it easier, yet still have enough tension to get the job done.

siouxsie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Minnesota
I guess i never thought of that. Yeah 6v at 3ohm may be a little light for most peoples satisfaction.
Well it would be too much if it were single coil but maybe not enough for a dual coil. You might as well get some nice AW 18350s anyway, you never know if you might want to vape those regularly or for high res atties. Give that Bolt the full workout and get a 4.8V NiMh too :vapor:

Shadoweb

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I may have missed it but has anyone had any success using an 18650 without the extension ? Perhaps just buy cutting the spring some.

I have indeed, though the spring that comes with it might not be the best choice unless you want to snip off the bottom then bend the top part of what you have left into the center. I also used a 40 cent o-ring from Ace Hardware to cover the gap left. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/madvapes/253188-latest-mod-mv-bolt-3.html#post4973930

SethG

ECF Veteran
Nov 25, 2009
Topeka Kansas
www.network3d.net
Well darn, my switch failed already. I've tested the battery at 4.11 volts. I've tested the dual coil carto at 1.5 ohms and is working on another mod. Putting my ohm meter center to center (top to bottom) and pressing the switch results in open circuit, no connection.

I opened a ticket... Way too soon for me to think about opening it up.

<---cop

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2011
Australia
You would, if you use tanks or large cartos/atties.

I don't.....

432371_10150603456371054_617651053_10747973_2001709598_n.jpg

siouxsie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Minnesota
Gee thanks.

No need to turn people off top buttons thinking that they can't use tanks.
Mate, I have 3 roughstacks. I use them with tanks. It's just a royal PITA. What's wrong with giving an opinion. It is also a fact that the side button mods are easier to use with tanks. So again, congrats on your lovely alum roughstack and tanks....I have the exact same setup. Also have a Red Bolt with the black racing stripe now. Works great, with a little Noalox to make the poorly machined threads smoother.

Burnside

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 1, 2011
Western Massachusetts
I just got my Bolt in the mail today, and it is working great! I have an Ikenvape i06 XLR atomizer on it, and now, I am finally starting to enjoy what vaping is all about!

I got the grey Bolt, and I will probably order the extender (might get a black one for the racing stripe effect). The finish is textured and has a nice grip/feel to it. The button feels good to the touch, is easily activated, and although it has a mushy click type feel, I like how it operates. I am using the included battery (although now I wish I had order some extra batteries). The hits I am getting with the 1.5 i06 are incredibly tasty with decent TH and the most flavor I have experienced to date. For approximately 40 dollars, this mod is a great deal when compared to other mods and their prices. This is definitely a mod worth considering as a first time mod or even as a back-up to your daily PV. As of right now, the Bolt will be my go-to PV (at least until my GLV2 mini arrives!)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread