Status
Not open for further replies.

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
What do you guys think of the mi pod vs zero vs aspire nautilus?
I bought a mi pod when I was spending the summer in Rome and my cheap traveling mods were dying due to old age.
I did not like it. Yes it's amazingly small and cute. But for me, the short drip tip close to the battery (and the fairly potent battery) resulted in a hot thing on my lips. Plus, once it was sitting on my desk, unused for a week at least, and it began autofiring. No no.

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
The smok Nord is the 1st Smok pod that FINALLY uses a 3 color LED battery indicator. About time that they added such a basic feature! And it follows Aspire's lead by using replaceable coils--sounds good! Unfortunately there's no draw activation. The very responsive draw activation on the Infinix was one of my favorite things about it so it will be missed. Looks interesting though.

I'm looking forward to hearing feedback on the performance.

Red light will on when battery power is lower than 30%; orange light will on when power is between 30% to 70%; and green light will on when power is between 70% to 100%. According to the different light colors you can clearly know the device's battery conditions.

1542262245049.jpg
1542262443238.jpg

Last edited:

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
I just got an HCigar Akso (won from HeavenGifts). I haven't tried the IJoy AI, but have tried Juul, Infinix, Vaporesso Zero, Innokin EQ.
upload_2018-12-19_10-42-48.png

Very similar to Juul in size & shape, but I like the design a little better.
Very responsive draw activator compared to the Zero, which you had to draw hard and quick on. EQ delivers a better hit than Zero, but isn't draw activated.

This thing delivers a serious hit, and more vapor than any of the above. And the flavor really comes thru much stronger than any of the others. But it comes with 50mg nic salt juice, and I can tell it's most, if not all PG. I can't really vape pg.

On the bright side, you can buy empty pods and fill with your own juice. I really like this device, so I'm considering trying them with my juice. Downside is the empty pods are about $4-5 each, but being ceramic coils, they should last pretty well. The empty pods you buy are a little different than the pre-filled. You can't refill those, at least without doing some hack to get them apart.

So far, this is my favorite pod, if the replaceables last or get lower in cost, and perform like the pre-filled. But right now, it's not real easy to find.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Hi @Brewdawg1181 - what's the draw on the Akso like? Tight or loose MTL? Of the others you mention, I've only used the Infinix - and that's about as loose as I'd dare to go.
Akso is really tight. Going on memory, but I think it's a bit tighter than Juul. Much more tight than I'd ever consider with an atty.

10x sugar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2013
OC, NJ
Wondering if anyone has tried the Njoy Ace?
Wawa has the device for $1. and the pods are $10. for a two pack. Cheap enough to give it a shot but what's holding me back is the requirement that they scan (not just show) your drivers license to purchase. I live in New Jersey.
No one else for any purchase has ever needed to scan my DL.
Any input on this or the Ace would be appreciated.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Do you have any thoughts on the drivers license scanning requirement at Wawa here in Jersey?
There was one online store that asked me to do that and I went somewhere else. Then later I wanted something else from their store and I sent them a pic with stuff they didn't need blacked out like driver's license number and everything was fine. I bought from there a few times since then and I believe they asked only one more time and then never again. But I never shopped at Wawa though.

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2018
The Smok Nord is the 1st Smok pod that FINALLY uses a 3 color LED battery indicator. About time that they added such a basic feature! And it follows Aspire's lead by using replaceable coils--sounds good! Unfortunately there's no draw activation. The very responsive draw activation on the Infinix was one of my favorite things about it so it will be missed. Looks interesting though.

I'm looking forward to hearing feedback on the performance.

View attachment 780315 View attachment 780317
actually my i care have battery indicator, once u fire pod light up, (green, blue or red) :)

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
The Smok Nord is the 1st Smok pod that FINALLY uses a 3 color LED battery indicator.

actually my i care have battery indicator, once u fire pod light up, (green, blue or red) :)

The earlier Smok pod systems had poor battery indicators. I was happy to see Smok improve the battery indicator on the Nord.

The Icare is made by Eleaf, not Smok. And it is an AIO, not a pod. Lots of pods and AIO devices by other manufacturers have a 3 color LED indicator.

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2018
The earlier Smok pod systems had poor battery indicators. I was happy to see Smok improve the battery indicator on the Nord.

The Icare is made by Eleaf, not Smok. And it is an AIO, not a pod. Lots of pods and AIO devices by other manufacturers have a 3 color LED indicator.
how u different and categorize Smok Nord/Eleaf Icare as AIO n POD ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread